Build Sheet questions: Down to the wire - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2019, 10:38 PM   #81

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Here's where I got mine from. I'd been at their site earlier and then this one popped up as "new" and I knew the trailer needed it. I've been quite happy with it. They have a ton of different designs and critters to choose from.

https://www.custom-tire-covers.net/

I see they also have grill covers - not that we have one, but some of you here might want one for home.
Awesome! I see a cute tire cover in my future....
DezPez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:53 AM   #82

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
I also have the front light mounted high because I have a generator over the propane tanks and the light shines into the fill spout.
Rick: Do you have a picture of this setup that you can share?
Old 02-09-2019, 10:13 AM   #83

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Rick: Do you have a picture of this setup that you can share?
Here are pictures of the front and back lights. I just took them here at Quartzsite. It is overcast.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN7229.jpg   DSCN7228.jpg  
Old 07-20-2019, 09:12 PM   #84

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Nice build sheet! We just submitted our build sheet last week, very similar! We also ordered an oven because we had an oven in our last 2 RVs and now... we are hooked. The day before we leave on a trip I normally make some sort of casserole so that when we get to the campground the next day, all I do is turn on the oven and pop in the casserole. While it bakes we finish setting everything up and then viola, dinner is served. Not to mention fresh baked cookies for dessert is always a hit. There have also been times we plan to BBQ but if it starts to rain, having an oven to use instead has been a very welcomed plan B. In that case, I usually have ingredients for homemade pizza on hand. On a different topic, we also ordered the additional front window for the same reason - love the views. Since it's not a thermal window but we plan to lower the front rock guard at night, if we want to shield it from unwanted light and/or condensation. Other threads on this forum explain how to install even more insulation on the rock guard, if needed. We also ordered frameless thermal windows in the bath and over the drawer stack, as well. We did not order the back up camera. Instead, we plan to get a wireless camera that talks to our iPhone. When we arrive at a campground, we would attach the camera on a suction cup and use it just for parking. The camera we are considering is https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNBJBQQ...v_ov_lig_dp_it) Cheers to our new 21s!
Love the options you chose, though just for my use in my 17B, I'll place a small toaster oven in the microwave spot, as that's all I've needed these past few years, even in my home's full-sized kitchen. I love windows for the view but hadn't thought of lowering the rock guard at night - a terrific idea! Also, I'm not sure how much I'll actually need or use the expensive back-up camera, and I'm already loading up my build sheet with all of the options needed to boondock, so buying the much less expensive camera makes excellent sense. I just couldn't get the link provided to work. Could you please copy it again and add it here? Thanks so much!

Ava
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:52 AM   #85

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightday View Post
Also, I'm not sure how much I'll actually need or use the expensive back-up camera, and I'm already loading up my build sheet with all of the options needed to boondock, so buying the much less expensive camera makes excellent sense. I just couldn't get the link provided to work. Could you please copy it again and add it here?
This should be it
www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNBJBQQ

Obviously you’ll need some way of providing the camera with 12V power
Old 07-21-2019, 07:30 PM   #86
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Love the options you chose, though just for my use in my 17B, I'll place a small toaster oven in the microwave spot, as that's all I've needed these past few years, even in my home's full-sized kitchen. I love windows for the view but hadn't thought of lowering the rock guard at night - a terrific idea! Also, I'm not sure how much I'll actually need or use the expensive back-up camera, and I'm already loading up my build sheet with all of the options needed to boondock, so buying the much less expensive camera makes excellent sense. I just couldn't get the link provided to work. Could you please copy it again and add it here? Thanks so much!

Ava

Hi Ava - Thank you for your kind response. As for the backup camera, we ended up not buying the one from ETI or Amazon. We had an older Garmin GPS that had a wireless backup camera that we had never used. I took this backup camera, mounted it on the post that holds the spare tire (camera is under the tire). I snaked in the wire to power the camera through the Escape 21's battery vent. On the inside, I made sure the hole around the wire on the battery vent was sealed, and then I tied that wire into the wires that power the trailers running lights. When we are on the road, if I turn on the tow vehicle's lights, the backup camera is powered. The GPS unit mounts to our windshield with a suction cup. When the camera has power, the GPS can show the video instead of the GPS map. It is like having a rear view mirror for your trailer that you can see while driving and also while backing into camp sites.

I don't think they sell that model of Garmin any more. The video is lower in resolution than newer models, but it works OK for now.

Best wishes for your 17B! Happy Trails!
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:33 PM   #87
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:

Ava

As for the video camera we had been considering, here's the link. However, Amazon says it is no longer in stock:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H5DQHF2...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:53 PM   #88

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Bathroom window allows you to run a garden hose from outside to flush the commode at the dump station.

Tonny LR
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:51 AM   #89

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Here are pictures of the front and back lights. I just took them here at Quartzsite. It is overcast.
Richard, I have to ask, what are your trailer weights with those accessories front and back? Also what about fuel economy, both items look like air blockers.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:09 AM   #90

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
JIM, the back accessories look similar to ours. 2 bicycles in a 2 bike bag on a 2 bike carrier. Bikes are less than 60#, bike carrier is less than 40# and the cover is about 10#. With this setup and no extra accessory on the front we were 385# on the hitch at Osoyoos. We have now repacked items to the front box, added some heavy glass sauce containers to under the dinette seats and think we have added about 50# to the front. We do use bottles of wine and cases of canned catfood as front ballest. After 6 weeks or so the bottle ballet is minimal, same with the cat food. In Osoyoos we were 5 weeks into our trip, so we had consumed quite a bit of the wine bottle weight.

We are headed to Mexico this winter for 4-6 months and will have to employ more moveable ballets upfront.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:39 PM   #91

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Richard, I have to ask, what are your trailer weights with those accessories front and back? Also what about fuel economy, both items look like air blockers.

I don't know the total weight of our trailer. My guess is 5000 lbs. Under the tote is a Honda 2000i generator and 2 1/2 gallon gas can. This makes our hitch heavy, between 650 and 750 lbs, depending on the black and other tanks.

Pulling with our Tundra, we get between 12 and 13 mpg most of the time.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:31 PM   #92

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
I don't know the total weight of our trailer. My guess is 5000 lbs. Under the tote is a Honda 2000i generator and 2 1/2 gallon gas can. This makes our hitch heavy, between 650 and 750 lbs, depending on the black and other tanks.

Pulling with our Tundra, we get between 12 and 13 mpg most of the time.
Usually when people estimate their total weight, they are on the low side. As 5,000 lbs is the max weight of a 21' I would highly recommend you spend small time and money to hit a CAT scale and find out for sure. It will also let you know if you are over your payload for the Tundra with the tongue weight.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:31 PM   #93

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Wow, that is heavy all around. thanks for the response.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:36 PM   #94

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Wonder what the 23 will weigh in at.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:43 PM   #95

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Is there a current Lbs/ Fr ratio that’s consistent for the 19 and the 21? Maybe an estimated weight could be extrapolated.?
Iowa Dave

Tags
build sheet, escape 21