California Escapee's wanted! - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2014, 08:20 PM   #181

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Could we rejoin with Escape # 911? Have a door for you(-;
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #182

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
You're in! Let me know when your home. Have a great trip wandering up there with your new rig. It was pretty hot when we were up thataway in July, cooling off a little? Any fall colors yet?

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:39 PM   #183

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
It's nice- 2 days of light rain and now sun this afternoon with 70's forecast next few days.
After reading Boondocking dude I guess am not supposed to say exactly where we are however suffice to say Tammy's idea was better than ours. Have the CA Immobilizer on so at least I know we won't be pulled away at midnight hopefully.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:54 PM   #184

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Well, we're at Okanagan Lake North, where this time of year the sun goes down behind the hill / mountain at 3:40 PM. However, it's still 74 F in the trailer and 38.3 F in the fridge.
The park appears to be filling up with campers taking advantage of the last ember of summer.
We were planning on moving, but I suspect campsites are mostly full this weekend.
We'll likely head for home on Sunday, taking two or three days to do what could be done in one day.
Just hope the house hasn't been burglarized. I know the address is listed in the white pages and I'd hate to lose that 40 inch Sony TV that cost $1,200 and now can be bought for $399.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:09 PM   #185

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Count us in for next year! Sorry we couldn't make it this year; however, we have been entertaining friends/relatives/whomever since May!!
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #186

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Well, we're at Okanagan Lake North, where this time of year the sun goes down behind the hill / mountain at 3:40 PM.
Here I was bemoaning the fact that it is now getting dark around 8:00 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:08 PM   #187

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
It's Oct. 11, and I just found this thread. This means We'll have to see you all next year.
Yesterday Pat in Simi Valley gave us a most excellent Escape 19 tour (thanks very much, Pat), so we're now decided: On Nov. 10 we'll be in Chilliwack to order a 17. So we will be proud owners about 10 months from now. We've camped throughout CA for decades, but this will be a step up for us (and our tired old bones).
Don & Teresa - in Camarillo
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #188

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Your Welcome and you won't be disappointed . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #189

Trailer: 5.0 TA Dec 2014
Hi Don and Teresa, you're entering into a great adventure here in this forum. Lots of experience and good advice to be had. However, I need your advice! You've been camping throughout California for decades, so where is a good place to camp in the Sacramento area? I'm taking delivery of my new T.A. a few days before Thanksgiving, and on my way home to Palm Desert I will be in the Sacramento area Thanksgiving night. I looked at the state parks map and became very confused. There's a KOA nearby, but I don't require so much activity. Any advice?
CraigJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #190

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
The ranks are multiplying! Welcome California new comers to the Escape world! Craig and Don and Teresa, we hope to see you in Sept.

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:55 AM   #191

Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigJ View Post
Hi Don and Teresa, you're entering into a great adventure here in this forum. Lots of experience and good advice to be had. However, I need your advice! You've been camping throughout California for decades, so where is a good place to camp in the Sacramento area? I'm taking delivery of my new T.A. a few days before Thanksgiving, and on my way home to Palm Desert I will be in the Sacramento area Thanksgiving night. I looked at the state parks map and became very confused. There's a KOA nearby, but I don't require so much activity. Any advice?
There are only two RV parks I know of right here in Sacramento. The KOA in West Sacramento, (which friends have stayed at and it is clean), and there is one at Cal Expo, the state fair grounds.

If you are just passing through, either should be more than adequate.

If you don't mind driveway camping, we have driveway space and an outlet you can connect to. It is right in front of the gate our 19 lives behind.

We are about 5 miles south of town, a few miles west of I-5.

I am pretty sure we are going to be home that night and in the AM for a quick in and out.

PM me if you are interested.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:13 AM   #192

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
campground near Sacrament

We like the Marina campground at Rio Vista, CA It is right on the river, clean, walk into town and watch the boats or fish.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote