California Escapee's wanted! - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2014, 05:33 PM   #41

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
HUH? WOW, didn't see that coming!
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:47 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I find it's not about the brand, it's about the people.
Absolutely. The only one I regularly camp with with a moulded FG trailer is my mom, and we just bought her an older 17' Bigfoot to stay in at our land last year. Other friends and family have tent trailers, stick trailers, and top of the line motorhomes. We all sit together around a campfire, playing guitars, drinking beers, and sipping Scotch.

However, I don't feel anything is wrong with varying levels of exclusivity. Heck, a Moulded Fiberglass Rally in itself is exclusive, and an Escape only rally just takes it to another level. I do think you miss out on varying great opportunities though, the more exclusive you get.

Kind of like the Escape Rally in Osoyoos, where almost all owners have Escapes. That one is a bit different though, in that it is organized by the manufacturer themselves. There have been other makes there. Ian G was there last year with his Casita, but to be fair, just recently ordered an Escape. Last year I was put beside Marina in her Biggar, couldn't have had a nicer neighbour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
How does it go? "It's a free country"?
Means you can go ahead and form a group, but it also means that others can disagree on the merits.
Truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksAlot View Post
I believe camping is camping, regardless of your rig. Whether you're in a tent or a million dollar tour bus, we all drink from a garden hose and use a dump station. Understand, respect and enjoy. It's all recreation. There's one in every crowd. Just try not to step in it.
Agreed.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:54 PM   #43

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I only now looked at Groups on this site. Never visited before. There are three groups and very little activity from what I can see.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:57 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I see….. you did not find the invisible groups, now, did you!!……… forming right in front of you……

There is always 54/40 or above…….
Old 03-30-2014, 06:10 PM   #45

Not to change the subject, but, it has started to snow here in Pennsylvania, again. We got close to 3" rain over past 48 hours and the temperature has dropped to 32 degrees. All my outdoor furniture, gazebo, awnings are snow covered!!!!!!!!! My mother warned me something about the Bible and soon we will not be able to tell one season from the next. She maybe on to something…….you think?
Old 03-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #46

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
That's what I love about RVing. It's recreation and you can unwind, relax and be with others of like interests. In an RV park, like nowhere else in the world, you feel comfortable waving and saying to hi to all who you meet. A 10 minute walk turns into a 2 hour walk because you strike up conversations along the way.

I've done the vast majority of my camping in California, but want to travel to other parts of the country and see other campsites and meet others along the way. Rallies along the way can always be an opportunity to enjoy fellow campers. If it's an Escape rally, Airstream rally, Casita rally, campers with chrome hubcaps rally or others. If you're welcome, come in and enjoy yourself. Life's too short.
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #47

Maybe "Happy Hour" should come a little earlier. Hey folks, we're talking trailers, not the future of western civilization! You want to come play with us, "no problemo, senior" :
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #48

No problem if you got the extra insulation, dual pane windows and insulated tanks in your Escape.
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:53 PM   #49

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
I support creating a California Owners Group. I see nothing wrong with wanting to camp together and you shouldn't feel guilty doing so. Anyone can freely create a rally. In fact trying to host and organize a large "come one/come all rally" is daunting task. I started a Colorado rally of Casita's a few years back and this is just some of the issues I was up against.
>Finding a location with enough sites that can accommodate everyone who want's to attend.
>Choosing a time and central location that is fair and agreeable.
>Organizing activities including pot luck meals, facilities, cleanup, and such.
>Weather and how it effects the rally.
>Collecting enough money to cover expenses from attendees.
>Keeping track of who is actually planning to attend and how last minute no shows affect the rally.
>Keeping peace and happiness among folks who don't like their site, their nearby inconsiderate neighbors, those left out of sub-groups, and the manager of the RV park.
This has somewhat soured me on organizing and attending rallies. I belong to the Texas Escape Owners Group and we communicate by private messages. I have pulled the trigger on the first small, informal group gathering ahead of and near the Blubonnet Rally this year. I targeted all the members of Texas Escape owners group and future Texas owners plus any Escape owners attending Bluebonnet. I hope this all goes well this time. I am looking forward to meeting and camping with fellow Escape owners. If I have not included you, please send me a private message.
I say go for it California! After the states or regions organize then we'll come together at the North American Continent Escape Rally that one of you can organize and host.
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:12 PM   #50

Hi Dave. Thanks for the support. Some of these folks are taking life a little too seriously! BTW, Brenham is my favorite Texas town. I love the Bell Meat Market in Bellville. If I were to move east, Brenham would be on the very short list! We were there for a week last April for the Roundtop show.

Greg
Old 03-30-2014, 11:56 PM   #51

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Nobody needs permission to set up a group. I think you just click on the tab "Set up group".
Those who want to can join. I guess.
What happens if a Casita owner from Connecticut tries to sign up?
Don't answer, please. Thread is already divisive enough.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:44 AM   #52
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Yeppers, start a group. My entire point was just to help prevent Groupthink. Remember, opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one.

As far as starting up any kind of gathering, if you need tips or tricks let me know. It's not difficult, I promise you. Getting ready for Spring NOG... about the 16th NOG I've organized. I can tell you how to avoid all the things David mentioned in organizing.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:23 AM   #53

I thought NOG meant non organized gathering……
Old 03-31-2014, 09:13 AM   #54

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Northern Oregon Gathering - they move around, the Oregon Gathering has always been in Bandon, OR
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:56 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Yeppers, start a group. My entire point was just to help prevent Groupthink. Remember, opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one.
Hi Donna, I knew we'd find something to agree on. "Groupthink" can indeed be dangerous. Sort of reminds me of the global warming hysteria, good think there are people like us out there that can see thru the BS and think for ourselves.

Greg
"Escape Owners of the World Unite"
Old 03-31-2014, 11:16 AM   #56

Advance Notice: First Annual "Surf's Up" Escape Rally

(Save the date. This will be posted under Rallies and Get Togethers later)

September 11-13, 2014 at Jalama Beach County Park (1 hour north of Santa Barbara, CA) on the glorious Central Coast. Home of the globally acclaimed "Jalama Burger". Camping the way it used to be! Please contact SB County Parks online and make your reservations directly with them. Hurry, a few hook up sights left, plenty of dry camping (with great facilities nearby). Several confirmed attendees and good times ahead.

This should be a great event by and for California Escape owners (but heck, we welcome ANYBODY). Planning a BBQ 9-12 and dutch oven pizza 9-13 and campfires nightly under the stars. Good times, no rules, no worries!!!

Please PM Greg Janke or email at gregajanke@aol.com with your arrival date and space number. See you there!
Attached Thumbnails
surfsupx.jpg  
Old 03-31-2014, 02:30 PM   #57

I'm in Santa Cruz, and you can certainly include me in any California subset of the this forum. I've never been to any "fiberglass rally", or any other trailer rally for that matter, but if time and circumstance permitted, I might give it a whirl.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:53 PM   #58

Love to have you and Baxter join us. Promises to be a great time, in a great place, with great folks (and great little trailers!). (re: my previous post, please make that "sites", not "sights"! Oops!)

Greg

Here's the link to reservations:

http://www.countyofsb.org/parks/parks01.aspx?id=9402

Info on the campground:

Jalama Beach Camping Reservations & Day Use Fees
Attached Thumbnails
jalama-beach-camping-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #59

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
(Save the date. This will be posted under Rallies and Get Togethers later)

September 11-13, 2014 at Jalama Beach County Park (1 hour north of Santa Barbara, CA) on the glorious Central Coast. Home of the globally acclaimed "Jalama Burger". Camping the way it used to be! Please contact SB County Parks online and make your reservations directly with them. Hurry, a few hook up sights left, plenty of dry camping (with great facilities nearby). Several confirmed attendees and good times ahead.

This should be a great event by and for California Escape owners (but heck, we welcome ANYBODY). Planning a BBQ 9-12 and dutch oven pizza 9-13 and campfires nightly under the stars. Good times, no rules, no worries!!!

Please PM Greg Janke or email at gregajanke@aol.com with your arrival date and space number. See you there!
We're in (9/11-9/14)!
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:43 PM   #60

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
We're also in 9/11 - 9/14; SCABs
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote