California Escapee's wanted! - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #101

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneM. View Post
Heads up! When I booked our spot for September, the website noted the spots had electricity and water, but when I checked this past weekend the website noted those same spots electricity only. Lori just called them to find out and the spots on the bluff (the partial hookup spots) have electricity only, but there is water available to fill up our tanks and there is a dump station.
See you there!
Hi Jane. That's good to know, we've never camped there before. I'm bringing a couple water jugs.

We're thinking about BBQ'ing Friday. I'll be PM'ing everybody in a few days.

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #102

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
We have 3 nights reserved starting 9/11, however cannot make it. Does anyone want them? Send me a PM if so.
Rossue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #103

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
CALif. escape again

Thanks to Ross, Nancy, Chico and I will be there with a stop in San Diego area for a couple of days going and coming home.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:42 PM   #104

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
Thanks to Ross, Nancy, Chico and I will be there with a stop in San Diego area for a couple of days going and coming home.
Jack
Hi Jack, that's great that you and Nancy and Chico will be at Jalama. I'm going to host a Friday night Happy Hour and I plan to bring some good central coast California wines! You won't be disapointed! See you in a couple of weeks.
LoriH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #105

Trailer: 2006 17b Goucho
I grew up near by in Lompoc. I suggest you bring baby oil to remove beach tar that may get on you feet. The minimart sells premoistened pads for cleaning your feet. You can a Google for other options but baby oil always worked for me. The Jalama burgers are good.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:30 PM   #106

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Dealt with that beach tar before. Makes stepping in dog poop a walk in the park. (pun intended ). Didn't know baby oil removed it. Good to know. That tar is nasty.

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #107

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
I'm embarrassed to admit this, but we haven't been able to light the oven. Is anyone coming who can show us how to do this? I've followed the instructions in the manual, but dammed if it won't light and I'm sure it's human error
Thanks!
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneM. View Post
I'm embarrassed to admit this, but we haven't been able to light the oven. Is anyone coming who can show us how to do this? I've followed the instructions in the manual, but dammed if it won't light and I'm sure it's human error
Thanks!

Don't have one in my '19 but did in my old motorhome. I had the same problem, I went thru the motions but didn't think it was lit. I walked away from it and came back later and found that it was going all along, I just didn't see or hear anything. Good luck!

G
Old 08-22-2014, 06:35 PM   #109

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Hi jane . I will try to help you . The knob on the left turn it until it says pilot light then push it in while you have a lighter at same time inside stove under burners almost to the back and it should light . Hold it in for about 30 secs then release and it should stay lite . Then turn that same knob to desired temp. Your gas should be on . Also first to get it moving to stove light the burners on the top first that moves the gas . The burners on the top will light without a flame . Just the stove top needs the flame . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:37 AM   #110

Our "rallyette" is just around the corner. Here's the list of attendees:

93-Jack and Nancy
109-Bill and Gisela
110-Steve and Margarita
115-Mark
116-Jane and Lori
117-Greg and Ann

We're also going to have a couple future Escape owners come by. I think all the hook-up sites are taken but there should be plenty of dry sites down by the water for anybody that wants to join us.

Still working out the details but it's going to be casual (is there any other way at the beach!!!). Feel free to let your inner beach bum out, shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops are encouraged!

Bring some firewood and we'll leave a good carbon footprint Friday and Saturday! NOTE: don't count on any cell or wifi service at all. Pay phone nearby and the nearest wifi is in Lompoc, about 30-40 minutes away.

Friday:

-Happy hour hosted by Jane and Lori at #116.
-BBQ (probably SM bbq with tri-tip, beans, bread and salad) at #117. Let me know by PM if you have any special dietary needs. -Somebody bring a dessert or two? Please post or PM.

Saturday:

-Looking for someone that would like to host dinner at their site (maybe a potluck or something else?) for Saturday night. More on this later. Any volunteers?

We should have great weather, magnificent scenery (both the coast and all those gorgeous Escapes!), and plenty of laughs. Looking forward to our first California Escapees gathering!

Greg

PS-a word of caution. Our campsites are on a narrow bluff on a one way dead end road. Best to drive in and back into your site. It can be a little challenging if someone else is headed out so make sure the coast is clear before heading in.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #111

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19 "Flight Risk"
Sounds like a blast! No clue when this is happening, but wish we were joining. We are in SoCal and our 19' Escape will be ready at the end of November, so... next time! We would love to connect!
JaimeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:32 PM   #112

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Hello fellow SCABs! Thanks to Greggo for setting this up. This is going to be a great time. We would like to host a potluck at our campsite (110) on Saturday evening. Do we want to do a theme for the meal or just bring whatever? We were thinking of bringing a traditional Puerto Rican rice dish...maybe a Spanish theme? Please send me a PM or post your thoughts or what you will bring. Let's get our ideas flowing...

Steve (the shy guy..)
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:53 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
Hello fellow SCABs! Thanks to Greggo for setting this up. This is going to be a great time. We would like to host a potluck at our campsite (110) on Saturday evening. Do we want to do a theme for the meal or just bring whatever? We were thinking of bringing a traditional Puerto Rican rice dish...maybe a Spanish theme? Please send me a PM or post your thoughts or what you will bring. Let's get our ideas flowing...

Steve (the shy guy..)
Excellent! I'm thinking we're setting a new standard for rallies! Talk about a blast! If you want to do the rice dish, I have a Cuban chicken dish (in a box!) I've been wanting to try.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
camp1.jpg  
Old 08-23-2014, 11:56 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeA View Post
Sounds like a blast! No clue when this is happening, but wish we were joining. We are in SoCal and our 19' Escape will be ready at the end of November, so... next time! We would love to connect!
Jaime,

Come on up for the day or spend the night. We're at Jalama Beach County Park south of Lompoc. Festivities are Friday, 9/12 and 9/13. Some of us are getting there a few days early. I'm sure you can find a dry site if you have a tent. Just confirm so we don't get short on food.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
jalama-beach-camping-1.jpg  
Old 08-24-2014, 12:32 AM   #115

Quote:

Steve (the shy guy..)
OK! I've decided to live up to my moniker, "hotfishtacos" so that is what we are going to make for you all at our campsite #110 on Saturday evening, hot fish tacos. This will still be a pot luck but we will provide the main course. Please bring something to go with the meal and BYO refreshments! I need an accurate headcount so let's get a list of attendees together.

Steve
Old 08-24-2014, 01:21 AM   #116

Trailer: 2012 15A
Quote:
OK! I've decided to live up to my moniker, "hotfishtacos" so that is what we are going to make for you all at our campsite #110 on Saturday evening, hot fish tacos.

Steve
Those hot fish tacos almost got me on the road to California.
And that photo in Greggo's post looks incredible.
But it will have to wait for another year or so as I can't get away from the projects I have on the go right now.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:47 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
And that photo in Greggo's post looks incredible.
But it will have to wait for another year or so as I can't get away from the projects I have on the go right now.
John, I am going to bring marinated fish from home so we have plenty but I'll be surf fishing in the morning so some of the tacos may be very fresh. I'll make sure to take some close up pictures of the steaming tacos so you can smell em!
Old 08-24-2014, 07:08 AM   #118
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
ME TOO! Bucket list, bucket list, bucket list!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:37 AM   #119

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Lordy knows I would be in, if possible too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #120

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Wish we could join you Still have to work even on weekends . But wouldn't have a escape if we didn't . I am getting tired I hope soon we can take off when ever we want . Maybe the next one
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote