Campground irritants - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2015, 07:09 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Mom, I'm bored!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg banner-1.jpg (176.8 KB, 74 views)

Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:12 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
And that is when the rocket engine fire starter is brought out??

LOL.... That was late afternoon in the pouring rain, albeit under a big ass tarp.

Did you notice the nice fire ring I built last year?

I really sound like a dufus when I talk, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I knew the guitars probably got put away before 2

Hey, might take you up on the invite. When in Calgary we park in the in-laws driveway in a bland area. Your camping location sounds like more fun.

Ron
Seriously, any time you come this way, let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
people learning ukulele next door
I am planning to pick one up soon. A great addition to a campfire jam session, easily portable, nice sounding, AND not as loud as most guitars. Isn't there a Ukulele guy buying an Escape?

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:34 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrisetrucker View Post
People who think your campsite is their short cut to the beach
How about people playing a plastic baseball game in your vampsite where your picnic table is almost second base and they they're playing the rubber match at your dinnertime and they're really loud.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:16 PM   #24

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Campground irritants .....cold coin operated showers ....top of my list today !
Old 09-19-2015, 12:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
Not good, especially if you have to pay.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-19-2015, 02:08 AM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Campground showers have the potential to irritate me in several areas; being grotty, so bad you wouldn't dare use without flip flops; controls that are well past their best before date; shower heads that spray everywhere and are non-adjustable; no hooks to hang up your stuff and keep it dry and shower curtains that ensure everything you have with you also gets washed.

OK, rant over. But it's so nice to have showers that you're comfortable with. It would be much nicer if the great showers at Ossoyoss were commonplace instead of being the exception.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:19 AM   #27

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Kids with motorized skate boards circling your camp site screaming driving you dog crazy
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:47 AM   #28

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Cool

Quote:
Any coin operated shower. You already pay more than enough for a campsite. It is excessive advantage taking when one has to pay to take a shower after paying $25-$35 for a one night stay. Stayed in a campground (nothing exceptional) one night in Wisconsin a few years back. $56 for the night and it had coin operated showers. Had I known what a rip off it would be, I would have gone to a motel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
Kids with motorized skate boards circling your camp site screaming driving you dog crazy
Their parents, who feel it is OK to allow them to do the above. The kids are just being kids.
One of my favorite campgrounds in NC does not have a swimming pool. When I inquired why, the owner smiled at me and said "Pools attract families with children."
Don't get me wrong, I like children. But on many occasions we have all encountered irresponsible or oblivious "parents" who could make the cover of "Not Everyone should be Allowed to Breed" Magazine.
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:25 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
When we travelled in a tent I would have said "loud drunks." But either people have gotten better behaved or the trailer insulates us better. Loud generators is definitely on the top of my list along with campgrounds that allow them to be run from 8 in the morning til 8 at night when we are generally outdoors.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:23 AM   #30

Irresponsible parents and pet owners, for sure.

Both kids and dogs should have fun, enjoy their lives, but should do so under the control of their parents.

Kids that are excessively loud and obnoxious, and this isn't just limited to campgrounds, are definitely irritating. I agree with Carl, that it is more the fault of the parents and the control they exercise, than it is of the kids being kids. While in the campsites during the day, I see no reason they can't be having fun, this is why they are here, but when they are out of control and unreasonably loud, that is unnecessary. I actually enjoy watching kids having fun, it puts a smile on my face.

The same thing with dogs. It frustrates me to no end, being a dog owner myself, people who do not have their dogs under control. Dogs that bark at lots of things, and are not corrected by their owners, in unnecessary. Dogs with any kind of aggression should be corrected. One of my biggest peeves is those dog owners that have their dogs on the long 20-30' leads running all over the place, and not at heel. I was in a campground in BC when Jasper was almost a year old, walking with him with no lead on, and he stayed perfectly at heel. A campground employee gave me grief (she could have been way nicer about it) about how it was breaking the camp rules. Right beside us was some lady with her little dog blasting all over the place on a long retractable lead. I asked the campground lady just whose dog was the one under control, and her snotty answer as she walked away was "The rules are the rules" When nicely asked to, I will gladly put a lead on. Lots of campgrounds I have been in see Jasper under control, and are very happy with that, and say nothing.

I am a firm believer of sharing the camping experience with kids and pets, but both should be under control of their parents/owners. As in other aspects in life, it is usually only a small percentage that are troublesome, but these few seem to stand out like a sore thumb.