Camping plans for 2020 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 5.0 T.A.
Camping plans for 2020

Happy New Year fellow campers? What trips are you planning for 2020?

I’ll start. Planning trips to the City of Rocks, Idaho, Grand Teton NP, Yellowstone NP, Island Park, Idaho, the Sawtooths, and possibly the Oregon Coast with a brief stop in Bend.
Erik65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 01:50 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik65 View Post
Happy New Year fellow campers? What trips are you planning for 2020?

I’ll start. Planning trips to the City of Rocks, Idaho, Grand Teton NP, Yellowstone NP, Island Park, Idaho, the Sawtooths, and possibly the Oregon Coast with a brief stop in Bend.
Did Idaho , Montana , Wyoming and of course Yellowstone last summer . Back to Washington State again this year . Thinking to come back through Idaho to see the other side . If we weren’t going through Idaho love the Oregon Coast then cut back to interstate 5 . Hopefully no fires again this year , just missed by one day the fires that devastated Paradise California . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 01:52 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I'm going to attempt to circumnavigate the continental U.S. this year, including a trip to Alaska. If successful it should take about nine months. I'll leave in February with Quartzite as my first major stop. Right now I think my chances of making it all the way are 50%. I shall see.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 02:30 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We have a trip planned to McGregor Iowa in May , a trip in June to Ventura Iowa with the Grandkids ( McIntosh Woods SP) , a two month trip to New England in late Summer , a Fall trip to Thomson Illinois for the Mississippi River Rendevous plus several short trips to the UP of Michigan in 2020 .
In 2021 we would like to make one more trip out to Idaho, Oregon and possibly Osoyoos but that’s a really long drive for us so that trip is a large maybe .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 03:19 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I'm currently at the Quartzsite LTVA & will move to Dome Rock for the February rally, then north to Lake Havasu Cite & the SARA Rodeo Grounds for a week of fireworks. On to Imperial Dam LTVA, then a slow haul east hitting Sulphur Springs Valley to see the Sandhill Cranes & Cades Cove at the Great Smoky Mountain National park & the Townsend rally in mid April, a stop at Greenbelt Park in the DC area to see the grandkids, then home to upstate NY.

In mid May the Spring Fling rally in New Hampshire. No major plans after that until the Niagara Wine Escape in September.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
We towed 15000 miles last summer and about that much in 2018. 9 rallies,
A fishing tournament and a nice trip to Teddy Roosevelt NP. in August. The Highlander is 20
Months old and has 54,000 miles on the odometer. I have a few bucket list states to get yet and I’m not getting any younger. Might pick a couple up this year. Can’t ever get enough Montana, Wyoming, Idaho,Washington and Oregon. Iowa State parks at $16 a night call me too. Haven’t been up into the UP for a few years and have a good friend in the Minnesota arrowhead so might head that way too.
Rita, aka Miss Daisy, calls the shots, I just put the hammer down and put it on the dime.
Iowa Dave
Old 01-01-2020, 04:30 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21' on order to be pulled by 2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
We are taking a couple weeks (not camping) to work our way from Texas to Chilliwack to pick up our new Escape! Then a week to get to the Osoyoos rally, via North Cascades NP (if the road is open). Then rally, then heading east to Teddy Roosevelt NP and Custer State Park (which we've been wanting for a long time to return to, so we are spending a week). Wind Cave NP and Badlands NP. Then meandering back to Texas, route TBD. In the fall, we will head to northeast and go as far as Nova Scotia.
GaryandEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:09 PM   #8

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Heading to GA shortly to see what it's like in the winter, will spend 3 months touring it. Thinking about a couple months in the northern Rockies late summer but haven't decided on it. That's also harvest time if you're a gardener.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:18 PM   #9

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
Heading south to New Orleans and gulf coast in late February (right after Mardi Gras). Hitting Pensacola and then up into Georgia to visit family. Need to be back to Nebraska in early April in time for new grand-baby.

Hoping to head to Tetons / Yellowstone in summer.

BTW: Today is the first day of retirement for me! Wife retired last July. Looking forward to more extended excursions.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #10

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I've got three things scheduled- Maryhill and two Corgi 'campouts. And the plan is either 2020 or 2021 to go Cross-country but I won't know for awhile if it will happen this year.

Also a trip- not really camping- down to see my daughter and grandkids. It was supposed to be post-Christmas but my mom got sick (she's home now) and postponed that. That will be street-side camping! (Maybe a stop or two on the way down.)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 07:50 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
At this stage 2020 trip “planning” depends on next season’s wildfires. I plan and tentatively schedule one of our must haves (a local week of camping with our grown children). But that’s in August and I can’t book sites so far in advance anyway (but my working adults kids need to book their annual vacations).

So what I’ve been doing is to make two or three tentative trips and present ideas to upper management (aka my wife) and as we see how the weather, wildfire season develops plan accordingly. I’m defiantly looking forward to hitting the road as soon as possible.

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 09:59 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
I am trying to decide where to go this coming September. Two choices: 1. Santa Fe, Durango CO, Arches NP and Canyonlands NP or 2. Badlands NP, Devils Tower and Custer SD. I have been to Durango and the Custer area before. So it may come to a coin toss. I only have two weeks for a trip this year.
James Gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:58 AM   #13

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
In the middle of January we head south: Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Chiricahua Monument, Portal, Lost Dutchman, Dead Horse, to name a few, and then if the weather is decent in late March, the Utah parks.

In July we fly to Amsterdam to ride our bike/trikes across Germany, Saltzburg, Halstatt, then visit Terry's cousins in the Czech Republic for 10 weeks. We're also avid hikers. We have a feeling they won't allow the 5.0 as carry-on.

After we get back in September, we'll camp on Superior's North Shore, and visit other Minnesota/Wisconsin/Iowa state parks for more hiking and biking.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 01-02-2020, 08:15 AM   #14

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Hoping to finally making it to Newfoundland this summer
maiki724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:23 AM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
No set plans for our trailer usage this year, though who knows, may just do something big. It all depends on timing of other things in life.

Probably doing Hawaii for a few weeks soon though. )
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:12 AM   #16

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19'er + 2018 Highlander
We hoping to head up to Alaska right after the Escape Rally in Osoyoos. But of course, that's assuming "life" doesn't get in the way. Who else might be planning to head to AK this season?
EscapeBoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:31 PM   #17

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
A 5000 mile trip to pick up our new trailer.

A week or 2 at the beach, The Pinery Provincial Park on Lake Huron.

Start planning for Key West and Disney May 2021!
Old 01-02-2020, 10:39 PM   #18

Trailer: 17B 2019
We are also planning a trip from BC to Newfoundland starting after the Osoyoos rally. Starting to get into some serious planning. It's a bucket list trip for me. We'll stop to visit family in Calgary, Minnesota, Ontario, Montreal, and PEI on the way over 7 weeks. I'll fly back to Vancouver from St John's and Scott will meander back on his own as he is retired. Also planning 3 weeks in Oregon before Thanksgiving. Spring still feels like a long time away here in the darkness and rains.
Bcescapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 12:04 AM   #19

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
We are planning a trip to Chilliwack April 1st to pick up our new 19 then spend 7-10 days following to Washington coast south then cut over home. Next is a trip to Flagstaff AZ 1st week of May for 2-3 weeks. Next is short trip camping in the Oregon area for the summer. Finally we’ll end the season at the NOG October 1st.
LFlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 06:39 AM   #20

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
We head west from Vermont to Victor Idaho, mostly on I 80 (sigh) late january. This is a sprint at a 530 miles/day pace to get to our rented house in Victor. Will head north to western Montana in march to extend the ski season up there.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote