Canadian dollar / world economy - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Old 01-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #31
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
March Thaw

Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Robert, when I first read 1.49 I thought we were still talking milk (you did say corner store - not gas station)!

We are looking forward to getting away on our trip to warmer climes on Monday, we are just going to have to be economical, very little eating out, have packed the trailer with lots of staples. One good move was changing a bunch of C$ for US ones at a currency exchange with better than bank rate and already six cents ahead per dollar since Tuesday compared to what I would pay at our bank today Hoping to use the credit card very little unless we run out of cash, if so we'll just go back to our daughter's in KS earlier in March.

If they run out of chow in Kansas you can always slide north a few hours, follow the geese, and stay with us. I'll feed and water you till global warming straightens Manitoba out and you can get home!

Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 08:04 PM   #32
Trailer: 5.0TA 19 Aug 2016, 2012 Dodge RAM 1500, Andersen Hitch.
Price of gas at Costco, San Marcos, CA (suburb of San Diego & 62 miles north of Tia Juana, Mexico) on 1/15/16 was $2.53 per gal, low for us. It was as low as $2.25 a month or so ago. Gas prices in CA are high because of state laws to clean up our environment (smog problems in So Cal have been greatly reduced). I think the gas companies play games with us; world prices go down and suddenly there is a crisis at a CA refinery (explosion or unscheduled maintenance) reducing the supply so they then jack the prices up... When we head out on a RV trip, we have to head east or north obviously; as soon as we enter Arizona, we fill up the tank with cheaper gas. Christmas in Florida a year ago, gas prices went downhill all the way across the US, down to $1.95 in the Tampa area! Heading for Mexico, you could by-pass most of Ca for lower prices but you will miss a lot of beautiful country. Driving the Oregon and California coast is well worth the extra cost. Jacki still has many Canadian relatives so we do feel for you Canadian friends over the exchange rate. (We already have all of our 5.0TA funds transferred to a Canadian bank!

ethanallen2 is offline   Reply With Quote