Chair and Table recommendations - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2017, 09:42 PM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
By the way Jim, the Kermit's and the leg extensions fit in the little storage door next to the trailer door.
I definitely want them handy. Right now all of our gear is laid out in the dining room, planning how I need to do storage for it all. I am thinking I will have a few cupboards and drawers left over, either that or buy more stuff.

BTW, with practice it takes less than a minute to set up. Given how much we have used ours in the last few years, they are still in great shape. I love all made stuff.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:12 PM   #22

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
I would never use a picnic table at a campsite. My legs never want to go under 'em and it's rather tricky getting my long legs under there and all that. And my rump will probably find all the slivers. HA!

Here's what I got for us to use when we finally get out and about. I've already used 'em for other venues, so I know they work just fine. I sat in a LOT of chairs before I found one that I really liked. I don't like those gravity/reclining chairs - plays havoc with potential acid reflux and they're a PITA for me to get out (least the few I tried). Some of the chairs would hit me in the back in the wrong spot, or the thighs or the armrests were wretched. When I sat in this chair I snagged it and later we got one for Dirk as he really liked it (he wasn't with me when I bought it).

The chair is perfect for shows I vend at as I can push myself off the arms and they don't bend under the weight (after a long day of selling, it's nice to have something to push off of when you get up to talk to someone wandering into your area), plus they fold up if I'm in a tight spot for my chair.

The footstool is cushy to the legs, plus it's a really nifty color. Wish the chair matched - oh well, not everything is perfect in life.

Chair:

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...type%3Dproduct

Ottoman/footrest:

Outdoor Ottoman - Mac Sports RO904S-117 - Chair Accessories - Camping World

I also got a folding side table almost like the ottoman, but it has holders for cups. I can't find it at the Camping World site so either I'm not putting in the proper search words or they don't carry it any longer.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:07 AM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
We have two of these Reclining Camp Chair - Chairs - Products and like them so well that if one broke (unlikely) I'd order another before my butt hit the ground. Folds up easily and comes with a storage bag. We bought two little, three-legged footstools to use with them. Heaven ...
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #24

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Just a note to let you know what we decided to do. Thanks for all the opinions and ideas. We found this Coleman 4in1 table that can be two tables of different heights or locked together into a square or long table. It can be a low coffee table or the height shown. It hooks together into a flat package about 3" thick and the size of one top.

We will wait on ZG chairs. We hope to try one out when we finally get camping and get to a rally. We liked the idea of hard arm rests and wanted it to fold fairly compact. These are from Walmart and were a good price; and turned out to be very comfortable. The pillow is useless as it hits you in the high back, but is easily removable.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Don't ask me how but after 30 years in parks and recreation, I can sleep all afternoon on the 2x10 six foot long picnic table seat board. I can gain weight eating walking tacos and open bottles with my pocket knife. I'll echo the sentiment,
don't buy much new, improvise with what you have, and do some real camping. It ain't no style show out there. US Forest Service group camps do not have single site picnic tables as a general rule. Overflow ares either.
Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:02 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm down to 2 chairs, one table and a campsite organizer....
Attached Images