Chilliwack, here we come! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2016, 10:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Chilliwack, here we come!

Linda and I would like to thank all of you for helping us this past year as we worked through deciding which trailer to buy. We bought a 19 and switched to a 21 a couple months later. And then came the Build Sheet!

We're heading up to Chilliwack in the morning to finalize our Build Sheet on Tuesday, and Wednesday if needed. We still have to determine additional outlets and lights, as well as a few other options, that we need to spend some time in the demo to figure out what we want.

Now that this part of the process is coming to a close we are getting really excited! We're eager to start getting those pictures when our trailer goes into production. April is going to be a great month!

We hope to meet many of you over the years!

Thanks again!

Gary
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 11:01 PM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Congrats! Safe drive up there and all that. Triple check you have your passports before you leave home. I know I do!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 11:37 PM   #3

Thanks for the passport tip, Laura, but I have them in my travel case!

Last time we went up, we were pressed for time and I guess I thought it was the "old days" because when we pulled up to the Border Agent in Sumas I handed her our drivers licenses. Interesting crossing that day. They actually let us in to Canada since we had been there some months ago. We were told it may not be so easy going the other way, but our daughter overnighted our passports to us.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysd View Post
We're heading up to Chilliwack in the morning to finalize our Build Sheet on Tuesday, and Wednesday if needed. We still have to determine additional outlets and lights, as well as a few other options, that we need to spend some time in the demo to figure out what we want.
When I was there last Mondy, I allowed a full day to take care of things, which included a bunch of time for me just checking the trailer out, a few hours to run around picking stuff up, and maybe a hour, two tops for finalizing the build sheet. You will have lots of time. Turns out I had plenty of time to spare too, and was back to the airport by 4:00. Unfortunately I had a 3 1/2 hr delay in my flight, but that kinda stuff happens.

What worked good for me was to go through things with Escape early in the day, go away from a while where I could mull over a few things. I did phone my wife to discuss a couple things, though I knew her answer was going to by "I trust you to decide", it did help just talking it through. I then went back, sat with Sarah, filled in all the blanks, settled on a few custom ideas, which all too less than 30 minutes.

Mind you, I will be doing most of the custom mods myself, it was more how Escape could accommodate what I wanted to do. Mostly a few wires, and work I did not want them to do.

Just so you and others are aware, there are a bunch of custom mods they have done in the past that they won't be doing any more. Some of the ones that seem minor, can really mess up with their production schedule. As production increases, they are realizing the need to streamline procedures to eliminate the potential for mistakes.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:55 AM   #5

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Very exciting!! You gonna love being there. The people at ETI are so friendly and helpful.
Best wishes! Enjoy your new trailer!!
Old 12-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Just so you and others are aware, there are a bunch of custom mods they have done in the past that they won't be doing any more. Some of the ones that seem minor, can really mess up with their production schedule. As production increases, they are realizing the need to streamline procedures to eliminate the potential for mistakes.
Thanks for the heads up, Jim. We've had a few requests turned down that they were willing to do before so I know what you're talking about. I've always been surprised that so many options were available. Yes, streamlining procedures is important as production increases!

Gary
Old 12-26-2016, 11:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Very exciting!! You gonna love being there. The people at ETI are so friendly and helpful.
Best wishes! Enjoy your new trailer!!
Thanks Marry! We've been there a couple of times over the past year and I agree--everyone we've worked with there are great people!

Gary
Old 12-26-2016, 03:36 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Lightbulb

Our sheet is just about ready. It's pretty straightforward and we have really looked at the forum for things we may have over looked. So that being said, one more time I'll ask,what unusual or unique mod are you all asking ETI to do. I know there is going to be one great idea that we slap our foreheads over saying"why didn't we think of that".
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
One thing were glad to have are switches for outside lights-especially for rear and driver''s side. I know they are not doing them in the doorway, but are they still doing them on the side of the cabinet?
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
One thing were glad to have are switches for outside lights-especially for rear and driver''s side. I know they are not doing them in the doorway, but are they still doing them on the side of the cabinet?
I think it is the side of the cabinet, but I never payed close attention. The porch light switched is standard, and I added one for a ceiling light too. I thought about switching the other two outside lights that are standard on the 5.0, but decided to keep it simple and switch when needed at the light itself. The one under the loft will sure be handy, but the one on the driver's side would rarely get used, as we had it on our 19 but almost never used it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #11

Quote:
That could be really handy. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I think it is the side of the cabinet, but I never payed close attention. The porch light switched is standard, and I added one for a ceiling light too. I thought about switching the other two outside lights that are standard on the 5.0, but decided to keep it simple and switch when needed at the light itself. The one under the loft will sure be handy, but the one on the driver's side would rarely get used, as we had it on our 19 but almost never used it.
We normally camp in well lit camp grounds,but are getting solar so we can get a little adventurous. I like the idea of being able to turn on a little light if we hear a noise. Will have to check the price to see just how big of a scaredy cat I am.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:40 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Another off list option is an LED Indicator Switch for Hot Water Heater- cost us $15. If you don't get the power tongue jack at least have them pre-wire for it, which would not be very much.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 07:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
We normally camp in well lit camp grounds,but are getting solar so we can get a little adventurous. I like the idea of being able to turn on a little light if we hear a noise. Will have to check the price to see just how big of a scaredy cat I am.
What you may need, is a switch for your imagination.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:19 PM   #15

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Question is, what are you going to do when you turn on the light and see the source of the noise?
I just shine a flashlight through the window. Done that maybe twice in lifetime of camping.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:40 PM   #16

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Both of our switches are on the cabinet just as you come in the door. they're close to the door as we got the flip down counter at the end of the kitchen counter. One switch is for the outside light and the other is for the inside. It only controls one light - the one in the middle of the trailer. It's really nice being able to turn that on before stumbling into the trailer. Esp since I'll be traveling some of the time with one or both cats.

Now, if you don't go that route, yesterday I stuck on a motion sensitive light on the top part of the fugly storage cubby. Works great for when you get up in the middle of the night to find the bathroom. It also goes off when you toss your pillow on top of the stupid green light that shines in your eyes from where it's at the end of the bed on the cabinet there (in the 21). It's on the electrical outlet. Yeah, time for some thick tape over that sucker.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:38 PM   #17

Looks like winter!

Made it up here, no problem. Tomorrow the fun begins!
Attached Thumbnails
Road to Chilliwack Forum.jpg  
Old 12-26-2016, 08:52 PM   #18

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
It also goes off when you toss your pillow on top of the stupid green light that shines in your eyes from where it's at the end of the bed on the cabinet there (in the 21). It's on the electrical outlet. Yeah, time for some thick tape over that sucker.
This is what I use for those annoying LED lights.
http://amzn.to/2ibZLmz
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:13 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysd View Post
Made it up here, no problem. Tomorrow the fun begins!
YAY! Yep, looks like different from Portland, huh?
Old 12-27-2016, 11:17 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
This is what I use for those annoying LED lights.
http://amzn.to/2ibZLmz
OMG Greg, I love you!

Just don't tell Dirk.

Yeah, so simple, but it'll work. I have various places I can use 'em in the house as well. And they'll look lots better than a stupid piece of blue masking tape. Or duct tape.

And, gee, there's more stuff I need to purchase from Amazon. How do I join that AA group for Amazon buyers someone mentioned in another thread.

Oh wait, this is trailer stuff, doesn't count.