Couple of questions on adding non-standard items on the 21 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2014, 05:04 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Trojan T105

I had asked Escape if they could provide Trojan T105 golf car batteries in place of the usual Interstate GC2 6 volt models offered with their dual 6 volt option. I wanted the Trojans for their lower charging rates.

Escape said they could not provide Trojans. But they would be happy to install them if I provided them. In my internet searching they were hard to find in BC. I do not think you want to have these shipped due to cost. I found only a few dealers, usually boat yards that used them on water craft.

From my read if you are using four it is important to find identical units. However, I was intrigued by some post I read about the used market of "golf car" batteries. There are apparently many out their for the asking, rehab facilities are the major source. They are used in the mobility chairs and often changed out before they reach end of life.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #22

Trailer: none
Battery World, Vancouver, BC - Every Battery, Every Purpose, Every Time! We carry batteries and accessories for applications such as Laptop, Cell Phone, Golf, RV, Marine, Automotive, Motorcycle, Solar, Cordless Tools & Devices, etc.

Link is for Battery World, just off Trans Canada (#1) Highway, in Vancouver. They sell Trojans.

If you're picking up your trailer, you can always deliver batteries to ETI on orientation day.
cargofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Thanks, this is why it is good to have our man on the ground. The trouble is "our man" is on the other end of the continent, the answer should be from someone local. I missed your solution while searching, I must have been on some sailors forum and was only finding marine Trojan resellers.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #24

Trailer: 5.0
Hi Paul and Janet.
I looked at the link provided by cargofool and indeed they are located on Boundary Rd.. I have driven past it many times. They are located easily by the 1st. Street turn off on Highway 1. Drive about 3 blocks east to Boundary Rd. Then a right turn and drive south a short distance. They would be on the right side of the road.
Not so Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote