Customer Supplied Installations by ETI? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-11-2019, 09:18 AM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
Customer Supplied Installations by ETI?

In my reading about mods and the ordering of a new Escape I see many requests to ETI for custom installs, factory modifications and changes. Speaking in terms only of custom installs of customer provided items is there any general sense of what they will accept or not? I am looking for general areas that will be considered, such as stoves, refrigerators, microwaves, power controllers, air conditioners, etc.

If anyone has had successful specific requests it would also be interesting and helpful, with the clear understanding that ETI justifiably proceeds on a case by case basis and what has been done before is no guarantee it will be done in the future, and that there will often be an added charge. Was it difficult, and what kind of information do they need to make a decision?
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
I think a lot of their decision is based on whether the request will significantly slow the production process. We specified changes as clearly as possible on the build sheet: this is the key document governing how the trailer is built. We substituted the Dickinson Marine 2-burner drop-in propane range and the Houzer quartz composite sink and sourced the sink from the Canadian Wayfair site to avoid brokerage fees. You will pay these for components you send across the border if sending to ETI as a US customer. Other customizations we elected generally involved up-charges, but these were reasonable. We supplied our own speaker wire, solar port, and kitchen sink drain which were simply installed as preferred components…

There are a number of options that customers have elected which are not listed on the ETI website. It is reasonable to ask about anything you’re desiring: decisions are made on a case-by-case basis: they really do want to build your best trailer if the requests fit the production process…

Many of the unlisted customizations have been discussed on the forum. Perhaps a moderator or long-term participant can provide some links…
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #3

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
We wished we had purchased the two-way fridge. I accidentally hit the DC button and nearly killed our batteries. We do not desire the DC ability and am scared we'll do it again. I wish there was an easy way to remove/disable the DC button. The only other camper we've ever had that included the DC option was our Scamp and you had to remove the outside vent cover to intentionally turn it on.

Others here have asked for and received the two-way fridge from ETI. It's not on the option page.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 05-11-2019, 01:24 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If you have solar and dual 6 volts, putting the rear to 12v is an option, but not recommended as the 12v is the least efficient methods. I believe you can program 12v to be the 3rd choice after ac and propane.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:16 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
I wish there was an easy way to remove/disable the DC button.

Perry
Perry, check your 12V connections for your fridge, or find an installation manual. You probably have one terminal for 12V for electronic controls, and a second for 12V heater (cooling), as they would have different size fuses. If you disconnect the 12V heating lead, then your fridge should still work on AC or propane, but not 12VDC. You will probably get a warning fault or beep if you select DC cooling by accident.
KirkB is offline   Reply With Quote