Day one with our new trailer... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2015, 08:31 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
....actually Robert, that's an interesting idea about using the closet as a pantry. Although, I have to say, I am impressed so far with the amount of storage we have. I have no doubt we'll fill all the bins, but i don't remember this much storage in previous rigs....Karen

Yep, that's the beauty of a "slightly larger" trailer -- although all Escapes have an impressive amount of storage for their size.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Very nice! One of the things of which I was unaware, was to have a drawer put in the wardrobe. I have shelves instead, and for my "junk drawer", I got of those small three drawer things that sits on the top shelf. It is good for all those odds and ends like note pads, pens, tape measure, mini sewing kit, etc.
Glad to hear all went well, and enjoy your trip back. Nice to know there is another 17B in California!
Old 06-25-2015, 02:13 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Boy, I learned the lesson of too few drawers in my current house and fixed that when I remodeled. I also had extra ones put in my 15A for a total of four drawers, two narrow ones and two wide ones. Aside from the flatware drawer, the others could all be classified as junk drawers.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:42 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape, 19'
Okay, here we are, Grayland beach state park just south of Aberdeen,WA. Great spot, amazing expanse of endless beach. We have our own private path to the beach. Wonderful spot, #100.
This is our first night actually camping, we've been with friends and family driveway camping on Whidbey and Sequim since picking up the trailer 5 days ago...a little learning experience hooking up electricity in the campground, but as luck would have it our neighbor is an electrician and helped! Although he did say the end going to the trailer seemed a little loose; anyone have any thoughts on that?
Towing seems great, without fancy hitch. We've got the awning thing down....videotaped the orientation with my iPhone.
It's all good, drinking a celebratory bottle of prosecco as I write this...fresh salmon for the grill, steamed corn....on to sunset bay state park in OR tomorrow for four days....soooo happy....K&P
KarenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:46 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Good for you K&P, make memories, take photos and write in your journal. A loose connection? Do you have the removable electric?

Make memories... OMG! Have a ton of fun!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:52 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Glad to hear your enjoying yourself, Have fun and stay safe!
Slickheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:13 PM   #27

Donna, yes we have removable cord. Seemed nice and tight when plugged into friends 30amp hookup, but kind of seems loose,able to wiggle a bit, in the campground...k
Old 06-28-2015, 09:30 PM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Donna, yes we have removable cord. Seemed nice and tight when plugged into friends 30amp hookup, but kind of seems loose,able to wiggle a bit, in the campground...k
At the trailer end? Open the hatch where it goes into the trailer and see if the "nut" against the body of the trailer has loosened. Remember, trailers going down the road are discribed as an "earthquake" going down the road. Things loosen up.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:55 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
It's all good, drinking a celebratory bottle of prosecco as I write this...fresh salmon for the grill, steamed corn....on to sunset bay state park in OR tomorrow for four days....soooo happy....K&P

Yeah! Can still remember that feeling- great spot, great rig- keep it rolling!
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:23 PM   #30

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Okay, here we are, Grayland beach state park just south of Aberdeen,WA. Great spot, amazing expanse of endless beach. We have our own private path to the beach. Wonderful spot, #100.
This is our first night actually camping, we've been with friends and family driveway camping on Whidbey and Sequim since picking up the trailer 5 days ago...a little learning experience hooking up electricity in the campground, but as luck would have it our neighbor is an electrician and helped! Although he did say the end going to the trailer seemed a little loose; anyone have any thoughts on that?
Towing seems great, without fancy hitch. We've got the awning thing down....videotaped the orientation with my iPhone.
Sounds wonderful!
Do you have a little electric tester for the pedestals? If not, you might want to get one later, with adaptor for 30-amp, so you can check the electric at each site before plugging in.

Have a nice trip home with your new Escape!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:26 PM   #31
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Isn't it great? Hard to beat camping in a nice place, with a nice view, and a nice meal to enjoy. Folks who don't camp don't know what they're missing.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #32

Thanx Donna, will check that next stop...FC, will pick up tester for pedestal, good idea....K