Dealing with difficult neighbors - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2015, 10:22 PM   #61

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
Since ours is a 21, our situation's different. (MCO lists GVWR at 4600 lbs, even though the trailer of course weighs less; but it's the gross they go by on whether to require the safety inspections, and for that it's trailers above 4500 lbs.)

Sorry, for moving your thread off-topic, Sean.

When I went to the DMV I was told that I would need another inspection for anything over 4000 lbs, in addition to the VIN inspection at the sheriffs office. The GVWR is documented as 4000 lbs for the 19'. I convinced the county employee go by the dry weight at 2600, so I got lucky.

Unfortunately, I think with the 21' there will be no way to avoid this additional inspection. Good luck to you!
Daubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:34 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
Oh my goodness. This is also weird behavior for Rosedale! (I'm very familiar with that part of town; used to take swimming lessons at Ramsey pool, back in the day - a lonnnng time ago...)
?

Yes, I'm currently living two blocks from Ramsey. My parents raised me here, I went to school and I came back. I was also a Ramsey Stingray, and have the still have the shirt to prove it. So cool! [emoji4]
Old 10-19-2015, 04:03 AM   #63

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Good Luck Sean,
Is this THE Monday?

I'll be willing to bet nothing will happen. How could someone complain with what you have done?

Tom

Besides ... I'd enjoy having you two for neighbors. Why don't you move up here? ..... might need to have long underwear and it would help if they were waterproof too though!
Old 10-21-2015, 03:55 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
Besides ... I'd enjoy having you two for neighbors. Why don't you move up here? ..... might need to have long underwear and it would help if they were waterproof too though!

Haha, thanks! Actually, my wife and I have decided to make the leap from Austin to the Seattle area sometime early next year. Multiple reasons for the move, one of them being that we just are fed up with this city!
Old 10-21-2015, 04:25 PM   #65

Well here's an update for those interested. Sure enough, I received an email Monday morning from my neighbor. No, it wasn't a "thank you". She got real nasty, and I finally gave her a piece of my mind.

Long story short, I met with the code officer at the property today. The fence is in complete compliance, which will be documented and submitted to public record.

Amazing that someone is willing to go through all this stink and make enemies with their neighbors for something so petty.

Life goes on.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:26 PM   #66

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Good news.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:25 PM   #67

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubsy View Post
Haha, thanks! Actually, my wife and I have decided to make the leap from Austin to the Seattle area sometime early next year. Multiple reasons for the move, one of them being that we just are fed up with this city!
We have friends who moved to Port Townsend 3 years ago, after the summer of 2012, when people kept saying 35 days over 100F "isn't so bad."

I can't see us doing that, but I do love that area! We'll be back as visitors, for sure...
Old 10-21-2015, 05:33 PM   #68

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Well here's an update for those interested. Sure enough, I received an email Monday morning from my neighbor. No, it wasn't a "thank you". She got real nasty, and I finally gave her a piece of my mind.

Long story short, I met with the code officer at the property today. The fence is in complete compliance, which will be documented and submitted to public record.

Amazing that someone is willing to go through all this stink and make enemies with their neighbors for something so petty.

Life goes on.
Good for you. I am sure your neighbor won't be happy. My mother used to say of such people that they "wouldn't be happy if you hung them with a new rope". I thought it was just a local saying, but later have found that it was used in many parts of the country. Anyhow, I hope your neighbor continues to be frustrated by your perfectly legal fence. If not, I am sure she will find something else to complain about.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:55 PM   #69

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Sure enough, I received an email Monday morning from my neighbor.
If you don't want to deal with email from a particular person, you might consider using the Junk mail rule I've attached.

--
Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Nasty Neighbor.jpg  
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:00 PM   #70

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Piece of mind

What was that old joke.
Something like " I'm going to give him a piece of my mind"
And the reply. "Be careful, you don't have that much to give"
Might have been a Burns and Allen routine.
Congrats on your compliance sometimes you just gotta jump through the hoops.
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:24 PM   #71

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:

Life goes on.
Thanks for the update, and glad you are moving. Some people are so small. She must not have much to do, and with that attitude I would suspect little or no human contact. Wonder why?
I would be hard-pressed to not "decorate" my new fence; but she obviously is not worth the effort