Decorator help - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #21

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA pulled by Ram 3500 diesel dually
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
They would very likely have a good reason ( cost/timeframe ) for not doing varieties of cushion cover styles .
I'm sure that is the case.

I anticipate I'll end up with enough desirable (to me) mods that I want to eventually end up with that I'll likely offer a monitary incentive for them to do a bit more customization than normal in the hopes of getting some NOs turned into YESs. It may not accomplish anything but I'll have tried.

Pulling my own wire, cutting holes, etc is not that onerous but if I can get them to do an extra hour of work during the build process when things are exposed it would save me days of work. I just need to finish making my list of dream mods and corresponding things they could do during construction that would aid me in completing them.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #22

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA pulled by Ram 3500 diesel dually
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
The upholsterers likely have a standard pattern for the cushion covers style in the Escape trailers . That particular cushion cover does not lend itself to a two-tone combination ( other than vinyl bottom - which is not "reversible" ) .
Most likely the case. I've checked an online custom cushion manufacturer and they don't offer 2 fabrics either tho you specify size & corner shapes (square, rounded, etc).

Custom cushion covers may be the only way to get exactly what I want. Just need to find a relative or upholstery shop that would do it for me.l
Old 08-11-2018, 01:22 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
How much time do you plan to spend looking at your cushions?
Old 08-11-2018, 01:33 PM   #24

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillCampin View Post
Most likely the case. I've checked an online custom cushion manufacturer and they don't offer 2 fabrics either tho you specify size & corner shapes (square, rounded, etc).

Custom cushion covers may be the only way to get exactly what I want. Just need to find a relative or upholstery shop that would do it for me.l
One could always choose a solid colour full fabric cushion and pick a nicely co-ordinated pattern fabric for toss/comfort cushion.......must be a gazillion choices to go with a lovely soft grey .......
Old 08-11-2018, 01:36 PM   #25

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
How much time do you plan to spend looking at your cushions?
lol ....we have actually sat with some folks in their 19 and been told " sometimes we just sit here and admire our trailer because it is so nice " .....
Old 08-22-2018, 01:10 PM   #26

Trailer: 2018 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillCampin View Post
You are right, it is dark - esp considering the others.

How about this, with possibly black sink & stovetop, chrome faucet.
That monochromatic color scheme looks very nice. Since the standard sink, faucet, stove hood, and cabinet handles are stainless, or a brushed metal look, and the stovetop cover is smoke glass, it should all tie together nicely.
Doris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #27

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Something to consider with a light solid color on your cushions:
In our first trailer, we had a very subtle strip in a tan color. The spots where my husband and I sat showed sagging and probably some dirt within just a few months.
In the second trailer, we went with bold stripes. Cushions don't show any wear after almost two years.
YMMV
Mountain_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:10 AM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
"We" inadvertently ordered the standard upholstery, much to my co-pilot's chagrin. However, we discovered that a local shop would recover the cushions and valances with Sunbrella we purchased from Amazon for $22/yd. Cost for the recover using the originals as patterns was $30 a cushion regardless of size (even the bed) and we now have a set of original covers in reserve should we ever have an upholstery catastrophe.
Old 08-25-2018, 03:03 PM   #29

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
On thing I would do is to reach out to Escape and get them to provide you with a sample of the wall liner and cabinetry to compare too. Just about anything goes with the liner, but the cabinetry can clash with some stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Jim brings up a very good point about the cabinets. We were lucky in that we still had our 19' with us when we were looking at fabrics, flooring and counter tops for our 21' and it made a HUGE difference in our decision making. Flooring and fabrics that I first loved looked less than stellar when placed next to the cabinets. You have to remember that the cabinets take up a large amount of the space in the trailer so, if you have fabric/flooring that is too light, your whole interior will seem washed-out.
Both the above are good observations. We have been working with Joldie on our build options and looking at some slightly different formica colours than the standard. ETI have pictures of all the interiors they have done with different colours, so if anyone is thinking of different formica colours, maybe ask in case they have a picture with your potential colour/finish. We have now discovered how stark some of the lighter colours might be, although it also depends on whether you are planning different upholstery or floor coverings.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote