Did anyone just get the "Base Priced" model? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Old 02-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #11
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Base price model

While we are fortunate to have purchased a very nice used 19 that has a lot of options, I can see what you're driving at. In fact, there were a few things our 19 did not have whichwe thought we'd like, after using it for 2 seasons. So, we took it back to Escape after the rally last year and had them install. We got dual six volt batteries, solar and surge protection. This year we may get a couple more things, kind of a custom, pay as you go mentality. I can't say enough good about the fine folks at Escape and their willingness to accommodate. Your plan makes sense on most options, you'll need to make sure to plan ahead if the trailer needs prepped during the initial build. Like beefed up for AC.

Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:56 PM   #12
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
The list of options was shorter...
Apparently the standard feature list was shorter, too... the MaxxFan is standard equipment now. Also, the shower package option makes a 17A into a 17B, so that isn't really an optional add-on (it's a model change). The weight-distributing hitch doesn't need to come from Escape. The result is that this trailer has even fewer options than it appears at first glance.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:38 PM   #13
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
The only thing missing on a basic setup that would keep me from buying one is air conditioning.

Solar, the twin 6's, and dual pane windows are the next most important mods/options for us. Everything else is fluff, but good fluff.

Happy Motoring
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote