Dinette support system - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2015, 08:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 5.0TA 2016 Spirit Bear
Dinette support system

If our need is to make the dinette into a bed each night, what are our best options for a support product underneath the table?
Lynn L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
It would help if you said which trailer you are considering, but I'm not sure the answer would be different. We don't convert the dinette in our 17B, and there is nothing under the table ( as a bed ). A lip on the benches holds the table, which you can see on the left side of the bed. We have storage boxes under our bed.
Attached Thumbnails
bed fridge door.jpg  
Old 11-04-2015, 08:52 PM   #3

In reference to the 5.0ta.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn L View Post
In reference to the 5.0ta.
You should change your user info, so we all can see without asking.

The stock setup works fine for setting up as a bed. A couple minutes and it is converted. My plan at this time is to use the Dicor Cosmo Table Pedestal, with the 4-way top.
https://www.dicorproducts.com/catalo...able-pedestal/

Definitely plan on having the same music playing in my trailer, as in this video.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #5

Haha re music. Thanks Jim, wasn't aware of this product. Have you ordered it yet?
Old 11-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn L View Post
Haha re music. Thanks Jim, wasn't aware of this product. Have you ordered it yet?
No, I haven't committed to it yet, but do think I will. I have a while to finish all my planning though. I plan to install it myself anyway, though I am pretty sure Escape will if you get it to them.

Another pedestal that folks here have used, and like, is the Springfield Pedestal. It does the same thing for up and down, though does not move in 4 directions, but will spin. You can use the table slide Escape supplies on it too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
One concern I have with the pedestals is: It seems you have to touch an unlocking mechanism on the unit to raise or lower the table. In the best case this means at the raised position you have to release the unit to lower it. In the worst case, when in the lowered position you may need to crawl on your hands and knees under the table to lock and unlock the mechanism. Do the Springfield or Cosmo table pedestals work any different and thereby avoid the crawl?

Escape does provide an option for the table whereby it is hinged onto the wall and then easily lowered. We use the dinette as a bed each and every night and this option has worked very well. It was one of several reasons for our upgrade from a 19 to a 21. This option does make the table slightly smaller and you will loose the ability to slide it side to side when upright.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape 21 Hinged Table.JPG  
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:36 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19 (TV: 2007 Chevy Tahoe)
We had Escape attach the table to the support we brought with us. We found this support either on this forum or the fiberglassRV forum. We like it allot. I goes down in a heartbeat, or two, then back up in a couple more. I moves in an infinite number of directions, and can be taken outside if necessary. The legs never have been in the way. We travel with it down. Good luck.
(Sorry, don't know how to add a picture from my desktop.)
V-40 - SNAP 2 Folding Table Base - Price: $69.00 - Factory RV Surplus - 1611 W Bristol St, Elkhart, IN 46514 (800) 325-1461 (574) 262-3327
pkgman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:20 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
pkgman51 that looks pretty cool! It looks like it offsets a little when it's down vs. when it is up. Do you just need to slide the whole thing forward or back a little or does the offset work out ok? Pretty reasonable at $69 + $50 shipping.

Also, are you using the bare table or do you have the ETI slider mechanism mounted? If it's mounted direct, is there any trouble squeezing past the bathroom wall in the 19'?

UP

DOWN

Regards,

Matt
Old 11-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #10

The offset isn't an issue for us. We lower it then slide it back against the wall. We have a 19 (with the table in the back instead of the front) so there is a supplemental support piece we add to make up for the table being short enough to get around when it's up. I did make a little wooden piece that attaches to the leg so I can put my foot on it and hold the table stable when putting it up. That's the only negative we've experienced, not a big deal.
I suppose the table top can be attached so it is aligned properly when lowered for other models, or set-ups. Reace installed it for us.
Gary
Old 11-05-2015, 05:51 PM   #11

Also: No slider mechanism needed. Just move the whole table. I also like I can take it out of the way when I work on utilities under the driver side bench (that's where ours are), fuses, winterizing, and such...
Gary
Old 11-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #12

Thanks everyone for your valuable input! Now it will take some discussing on our end to determine which option is right for us!