Do you cook inside your Escape? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Old 08-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #31
Trailer: 2016 Escape 21 (May 25, 2016)
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
For sale Escape 19:
Toilet - Never used
Shower - Never used
Kitchen/Bath sinks - Never used
Stove - Never used
Fridge - Never used
Hitch - Never used
Propane tanks - Never filled
No one has ever been inside
No pictures available, to avoid flash/sunlight fading of interior materials.

It is really interesting to learn peoples' different camping styles - some really good tips. And of course some cringes - some of us are really weird - I mean unique I mean ... (GRIN)

Diversity is wonderful.
Thanks for the chuckle! Our previous trailer (a Casita) was 6 years old when we purchased it. The owner had never used the toilet and the sewer hose was still in its wrapper.. We were happy to be the first to use it, but no solids!

JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:43 AM   #32
Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
For four years we lugged a Coleman stove along so we could cook outside, but between all the bugs and having to run in and out for cooking necessities, we ended up never using it more than once or twice. We found the inside cooking much more convenient. We do, however, frequently use a small Weber grill outside for steaks and burgers. We've never hesitated frying bacon inside and never found that the odor lingered for more than a couple of hours.

When deciding on which stove to get we made note of how often we used more than two burners on our home stove - that convinced us that the two-burner cook-top was sufficient for our needs.

Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #33
Trailer: 21' Escape
I think it is a matter of personal preference. I go camping to be outside. There are bugs there whether you are cooking or not. It may be a little more trouble to carry stuff in and out of the trailer but that is just part of it. If you go to the trouble to put up a kitchen tent you can leave a lot of your cooking equipment outside and not have to put it up every time you use it.
floorpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #34
Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B, 2016 Tacoma Off Road
While some fellow campers may think I'm a bit weird (If they knew me, they would know I am) I am often seen with my toaster oven sitting on the picnic table, baking a pie, or frozen dinner, at least when I have hookups. I also do most of my other cooking on a Coleman combined grill, one burner stove.

I do cook inside if the weather calls for it, but prefer the outdoors for most of the reasons Brian mentioned. As to the rest of the trailer, it is well used! Yesterday was day 300 of this year's trip.
Jon Vermilye My Travel Blog
Travel and Photo Web Page ... My Collection of RV Blogs 2016 Tacoma 2011 17B
Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #35
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
I'm of the "cook outdoors" crowd as much as possible but I have to admit that when in bear country, the inconvenience of unpacking and setting up the stove and putting it away afterwards has me using the inside stove for quick things.

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2012 Nissan Frontier
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #36
Trailer: 2004 Chinook Concourse (Molded fiberglass!)
The reason we have a trailer is so we can use it! I quickly nixed the Teardrop trailer that we tried; one night was enough for me! Bugs viciously attack me in certain kinds of weather or settings. No outdoor cooking for me! We cook everything inside, but we are vegetarians so maybe that makes a difference. If I wanted to cook outside all of the time, I would camp in a tent. I love having everything so handy and organized. With the Maxx Air fan on, odors quickly dissipate; no nightly trips to the restroom, either. Keep it simple is my motto! Camping for me is a more simplified version of daily living so we can enjoy the rest of the adventure!
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:37 PM   #37
Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
Jon every time you mention your number of days on the road I get more and more envious
Unfortunately retirement is a long way off so the dream wi
Have to wait
MacRae, 21ft
2016 GMC Yukon SLT
St.Albert Alberta
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:29 AM   #38
Trailer: "Teachers' Pet" our 2014 Escape 19
We do a lot of cooking inside, but always use the exhaust fan. So far, no lingering odors. Note: we never fry.
Neal & Sharon

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
nealmccarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 AM   #39
Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Back when we started camping I remember setting up an outdoor kitchen -- leaving the stove out -- plates, etc. Probably the dry food stayed in the car, but the cooler was left out. That all changed over the years until now when we couldn't even leave a tablecloth outside this summer. What I started doing was storing a certain number of cooking things by the hatch that accesses the storage space under the bed and that helped, but as Donna points out it means having twice the stuff and adding weight. It's worth it to me though, particularly for those times when I'm cooking a stew or something that takes awhile and I don't want to stay inside or go inside every few minutes to check on the progress. I'm wondering what other people do to set up the outside kitchen.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:48 AM   #40
Hi: All... Our outside kitchen consists of a single burner hotplate, a slow cooker, and a gas grill. All these plug into the receptacles provided by ETI on the exterior of the trailer. It's a treat being able to grill meat and veggies from the main trailer propane bottles via the quick connect. No more little green disposables!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote