Dual Maxx Fans - over kill ? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2015, 01:51 PM   #61

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
No A/C, no awning? You rebel you.
Greg, trying to keep in the spirit of "camping". Where do we draw the line ?
We use an RV to see the country even when its parked for days. We use it as our local hotel room while we enjoy the surrounding towns and people. When at National Parks or Canadian equivalent, same deal, get out and explore. the RV is a comfortable version of the old tent. I own four by the way, one, two, three and six people tents.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:06 PM   #62

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi Cathy I noticed your solar on your roof . It looks like 4 feet attaching instead of a rail? Did Escape install that way ? Pat
Pat, they are now bolting all panels so that is the feet you are seeing.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:08 PM   #63

Quote:
Hi Cathy I noticed your solar on your roof . It looks like 4 feet attaching instead of a rail? Did Escape install that way ? Pat
Here is a better photo. Yes, ETI did that. We did not do anything on it.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 10-06-2015, 02:18 PM   #64

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Did ETI credit you Santiago or just a straight delete? Any blocking on the inside for future mounting?
Hi Bruce, yes as I recall they did credit a small amount and that was unexpected. Had it been $0 it would not affect our decision, in fact I would pay extra not to install it.

Please folks I am not knocking the ETI awning, its perfectly good, easy to deploy and works as expected. Were it the Mercedes Benz of awnings it would not affect our decision to skip it. Less is best for people like us. I fully understand others have different views and likes and that is fine if you use and enjoy it. We had it and never cared to use it, that was pre Scamp days. We made same rule when we bought the Scamp and have been perfectly happy without it.

Yes I will make sure awning areas are blocked for us to take advantage of should our travel style change or a future owner comes along. Should we change our mind many years from now, I doubt it, we will look at all makes, sizes and designs at that time and select best of breed to install. Make sense ?
Old 10-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #65

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
I am with you 100% dude.

After being on the cusp of wrecking mine in a wind storm, I look forward to the day an electric one can be put on. For now its zap strapped into closed position.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:38 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
I look forward to the day an electric one can be put on. For now its zap strapped into closed position.
Bruce, an electric one that deploys at flick of a switch would certainly be one huge step forward especially when you need to do so in a hurry. I see people excited over SUV and minivan seat that are motorized. I see more and more with motorized rear hatch doors, why not an awning ?

By the way, I was very late jumping from B&W TV to color TV, late to let go of photo film SLR cameras, don't touch point and shoot ones, don't take pics with phone or iPad and very late to adapt to battery powered tools, very late. Many of these self imposed obstacles have been overcome except for the pics from phones still a no go. When wife and I backpack overseas, half my pack weight is real glass lenses. Painful I know but don't take shortcuts. Hope this helps explain my quirkiness.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:52 PM   #67

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
We used our awning every time out this year and the screen room over half the times. Used the air in May and early June but not since. Everybody camps differently and it's nice that the Escape is so adaptable to the many styles. We've been in about 20 states and three Canadian Provinces. About the same number as
where you'll find my picture in the post office. Coincidence?
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:58 PM   #68

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Had an electric awning on my Lance trailers, one time the motor did not work and a storm ripped it to shreds, would not want one that I could not take manually and quickly, they are also very slow, for safety reasons.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:00 PM   #69

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Had an electric awning on my Lance trailers, one time the motor did not work and a storm ripped it to shreds, would not want one that I could not take manually and quickly, they are also very slow, for safety reasons.
I have two awnings on my motorhome; one is manual and the other is electric (because it is too high to reach reasonably) but they are otherwise essentially the same design. The electric one deploys in a fraction of one minute - probably faster than I could pull out the manual one. I haven't checked how to manually retract the electric one if the motor fails so I don't know if that's a problem.

This sort of detail varies between designs, and the type I have would not fit with the curved side of an Escape.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:14 PM   #70

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Here is a better photo. Yes, ETI did that. We did not do anything on it.
Thanks Cathy . Now that is a improvement . When I spoke to Escape before my trip up North , I was only 92,miles away . I didn't get the solar because they wanted to add those rails and bolt that down . I wanted the feet , bolted down . I was told they would use the rails . Guess I need to talk to Escape again . I really wanted the solar . I do have pre-solar already . I felt those rails were part of problem , couldn't flex . Maybe I'm nuts but that is what I felt . Maybe the solar is in my future now. Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:31 PM   #71

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i heard that the awning side arms for our Escapes are custom made. I'm thinking it might be hard to find ones that would fit our trailers.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #72

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Probably the reason why there is no automatic awning available for the curved trailers, Airstream included.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #73

Don't know about the rails, if they used some with the feet, but this is certainly a much better look.

Quote:
Thanks Cathy . Now that is a improvement . When I spoke to Escape before my trip up North , I was only 92,miles away . I didn't get the solar because they wanted to add those rails and bolt that down . I wanted the feet , bolted down . I was told they would use the rails . Guess I need to talk to Escape again . I really wanted the solar . I do have pre-solar already . I felt those rails were part of problem , couldn't flex . Maybe I'm nuts but that is what I felt . Maybe the solar is in my future now. Pat
Old 10-07-2015, 08:49 PM   #74

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Don't know about the rails, if they used some with the feet, but this is certainly a much better look.
Hi Cathy . The reason I didn't was because of the rails . I checked all over , installers,other trailer manufactures ,and the 4 feet were used .,actually if you buy yourself you get the 4 feet . I was told it had to be the rails . I think because your trailer flexes maybe besides looking better the 4 feet allow some flex to the panel , and if you had the rails no give, maybe the flexing caused it to loosen up . Then you get the wind going under panel goodbye panel . My theory only . Yours looks real nice though and sure would like to get it installed . Looking like a good possibility now . I am getting to old for all this work and because it is Escape trailer would prefer they install .Thankyou again for taking the time . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:50 PM   #75

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
i heard that the awning side arms for our Escapes are custom made. I'm thinking it might be hard to find ones that would fit our trailers.
The curved sides of the trailer body are a challenge. Escape uses an awning of a regular production design, but apparently with the arms (which are normally straight) custom-bent to fit. That's not possible with some other awning designs, but is a possibility for any design with arms that don't involve sliding or telescoping components. Replacement parts will be a challenge for any model, but especially those for which Escape has not already made arrangements.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:12 AM   #76

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Did a search - could not find the answer

Getting a 21' with HVAC and the stock MAXX FAN

can the MAXX FAN be left open, and not have any rain come inside?

On our casita we had to add something to keep rain out.

How does stock 21' with stock MAXX FAN setup work?

Thanks
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:36 AM   #77

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Yes, you can have the Maxx Fan fully open in a downpour. Wind could potentially blow some fine mist from rain drops bouncing off the roof, but if you turn the fan to OUT they'll not likely make it to the interior. You can also open it part way, and lock it in that position.
Up here in BC, we have lots of experience with rain.