EEEEEEE!!!!! My trailer is almost ready....... - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #41

Re: EEEEEEE!!!!! My trailer is almost ready.......

Nadia;

You may have to be carefull when you put your awning out while at Tofino.
Yours will be the first Escape to go wind surfing.

I don't know if the ferries will let me on as I have a slip tank in the back of my truck with 48 gallons of gas in it when full.

I am not sure from reading their regulations if they will let me on when the tank is empty.

Doug
Yukon Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett
You might have trouble getting your trailer around the Bowron Lake Circuit. Last winter I tried talking Dirk (mosquitodirk on here) into it when we skied the circuit, but to no avail.
If you ask Reace nicely, there is a special option available on the 17b only - ask him for the "Special Floating Option with outboard mount on rear bumper".

Because the Bowron Lk Park does not allow outboard motors, we are having oar portals installed like a Viking ship.

I believe that ours will be the first of this new generation trailer and the first to circumnavigate the Bowron.

sincerely, (or not)

Gord
shanngord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #43

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Escape
Nadia;

You may have to be carefull when you put your awning out while at Tofino.
Yours will be the first Escape to go wind surfing.

Doug
I've been out at 4am in a driving rain and wind-storm trying to remember the sequence for closing the awning. I learned to keep an eye on the weather, but I also learned from my buddy Keath, that you don't have to fully extend the awning. You can pull it out half way so it still provides some shelter, but isn't as likely to become a wind casualty.

baglo
Old 02-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #44

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanngord
If you ask Reace nicely, there is a special option available on the 17b only - ask him for the "Special Floating Option with outboard mount on rear bumper".

Because the Bowron Lk Park does not allow outboard motors, we are having oar portals installed like a Viking ship.

I believe that ours will be the first of this new generation trailer and the first to circumnavigate the Bowron.

sincerely, (or not)

Gord
Whoa, how kewl is that.
Portaging may be a bitch though.

Have you paddled the Bowron Circuit before, Gord? One of my favourite paddles. It was quite interesting to ski it as well.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett

Whoa, how kewl is that.
Portaging may be a bitch though.

Have you paddled the Bowron Circuit before, Gord? One of my favourite paddles. It was quite interesting to ski it as well.

Portaging shouldn't be a problem - we have the hi-lift axle!

Haven't paddled much before. This is something new for us. We did Azure/Clearwater a couple of years ago. We have lived in the Cariboo region of BC for 16 years now and figured it was time to see our backyard.

Gord
shanngord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:10 AM   #46

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

Look in your area for a canoe club. When I got into canoeing I joined a club in Vancouver. They offered free family training sessions for members. They had club trips almost every weekend. The advantage being that you would run a river with an experienced leader and a couple canoes at the back to look after you if you dumped. I bet there is a club in your area. You can learn to love a canoe or hate it. Once you know your paddle strokes, you will love the control you have of your craft.

baglo

Old 02-20-2011, 08:52 AM   #47

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

The Azure/Clearwater paddle is real nice too, especially Azure Lake. Last time I did that we got ferried up to Rainbow falls where we camped a few days, hiking up the Agnes Horne River on a day trip. Next time I would like to camp up there. We did hike up Huntley Col and camp there for a couple nights. Got to see a mother grizzly and her 3 cubs up close (for about 20 seconds that is, before they bolted).

Even more of a favourite in Wells Grey for me is Murtle Lake, the largest non-motorized lake in North America. I have been there a few times. Nice hikes around there too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #48

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B

Nadja,

you are going to have tons of fun with "Trailer"! Congratulations! We cannot wait to get "Cafe Egg" out again, whuhuuuu! BTW, my 5 year old refers to our Escape as "Cafe Egg" only!