Enough already…. - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #141

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
Winter at last!

Here are a few photos from Paradise Meadows near Courtenay, BC, this morning.

The area would typically have this much snow by late November or early December, but this winter it took until now.

A major blizzard is dumping another couple of feet this afternoon, and there's more on the way later in the week as our weather finally settles back into its historic pattern.

After today's storm the snow will be deep enough for the groomer to set 55 kilometers (34 miles) of double tracks for skate and classic skiing, and for a snowmobile to break snowshoe trails up into lake county. The mountains in winter are infinitely better than any gym!

I hope everyone's weather reverts to the norm soon.
Attached Thumbnails
ParadiseMeadows.jpg   Shoeing.jpg   LakeStorm.jpg  
Old 02-15-2014, 04:28 PM   #142

Trailer: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchlight View Post
I hope everyone's weather reverts to the norm soon.
Yes, but our norm is about 12", not the 68" we've had this season. It's sleeting now with temps below freezing tomorrow so even more fun in store. NOT.

Follow along Down the Road with Me.
Seamstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #143

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
But next weekend looks promising, I'm hoping to go to a KOA and dewinterize and hook up and then try the E-Z-winterization set up. March will be Virginia Beach and in April, Tennessee Rally. Finally things are looking brighter.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #144

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Heck Eric, wouldn't a manual snow shovel be an even better exercise regimen?
Well, 'ceptin' for the heart attack factor.

My wife went for elective ankle surgery in November, just before all the snow came. I too had to shovel daily, a job that is usually delegated to her.
We got another 2 inches yesterday and maybe 6-8 more tonight and tomorrow. Guess I better fire up the beast and take off what came yesterday so it doesn't get to 10" to do all at once.

Jim, to give you a REALLY good laugh I have used my shovel to do some of the steepest parts as I've walked down to pick up the mail.

Once I get even deeper into my 60s I may have to splurge on the front snowblower attachment for my Kubota tractor, but that requires taking off the front bucket as they use completely different attachment systems...... And yes - I have tried using the bucket and can show you the divets I made in the asphalt trying to adjust to the slopes.....

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #145

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Once I get even deeper into my 60s I may have to splurge on the front snowblower attachment for my Kubota tractor, but that requires taking off the front bucket as they use completely different attachment systems...... And yes - I have tried using the bucket and can show you the divets I made in the asphalt trying to adjust to the slopes.....
I've used a snowthrower mounted on a garden tractor, a blade on a lawn tractor, and walk-behind snowblowers. I can't imagine having a driveway long enough to want a blower mounted on a tractor - and to put up with the much poorer manoeuverability compared to a walk-behind, as well as changeover hassle. To cut snowblowing effort in half, just get a huge walk-behind with twice the clearing swath... it has to be cheaper than anything powered for a Kubota! Now, if I won a lottery and spent my days playing with power toys, I might do it just because.

For some Kubota models (sorry, I don't know which Kubota model you have) there is a rear-mount PTO-powered blower (if you don't mind twisting around in the seat all the time) which would leave the loader in place.

I agree, buckets are not for scraping or grading. Eric, could you mount a rear blade on the three-point hitch? (although all I see is front-mount blades on the Kubota Canada website, even though rear blades are common... under $400 at Tractor Supply) Scrape into piles with the blade (usually driving forward and pulling the snow), shovel out of the way with the loader.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:09 PM   #146

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
Maybe what you need is this .........

Snow Blower Powered by a Chevy V8 Car Engine

Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #147

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post

Barry
Ok, yep that'e the one I'm getting!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #148

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Here ya go...
Attached Thumbnails
0021-_MG_2560.jpg  

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #149

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post

Barry
I don't want one of these -- but I wish my neighbor had one ;-)
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
I don't want one of these -- but I wish my neighbor had one ;-)
To borrow, I assume... but wouldn't all of his snow end up on your property?
Old 02-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #151

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
California Storm

Unfortunately, this is the only result of our winter weather so far this season ...
Attached Thumbnails
California Storm.jpg  
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #152

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
I don't have to worry about slopes or even snow blowing for that matter. My across the back lane neighbour celebrated Louis Riel day this morning doing his rather large drive area, his next door neighbour, our next door neighbours who are in their nineties both front and rear drives plus their paths, the entire back lane for a block as well as our drive and pathway right up to our back door! He just loves to snowblow.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #153

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
To borrow, I assume... but wouldn't all of his snow end up on your property?
nah. My neighbor, Eric, and I share the snowplowing duties for our houses and another neighbor. Which ever one of us gets out first does the sidewalk in front of both our houses plus one or two other neighbors. But if Eric had a snowblower like that, he would always be the first one out. It looks like it would throw the snow all the way to the next block!
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
I don't have to worry about slopes or even snow blowing for that matter. My across the back lane neighbour celebrated Louis Riel day this morning doing his rather large drive area, his next door neighbour, our next door neighbours who are in their nineties both front and rear drives plus their paths, the entire back lane for a block as well as our drive and pathway right up to our back door! He just loves to snowblow.
Can you send him to my driveway? He can have even more fun!!!

Old 02-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
My across the back lane neighbour celebrated Louis Riel day this morning doing his rather large drive area, his next door neighbour, our next door neighbours who are in their nineties both front and rear drives plus their paths, the entire back lane for a block as well as our drive and pathway right up to our back door! He just loves to snowblow.
The moral of the story: if a guy likes to use power equipment, give him power equipment that does things you want done!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #156

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
These were taken this am, front street is one lane with no parking, front walk is still ice, rear alley where BlackJack is located is impassable. Hoping the warm up will melt some.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0975.JPG   DSCN0976.JPG   DSCN0981.JPG  
Old 02-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #157

...and it continues, another 6" - 13" of heavy wet snow predicted for us today and tonight...

Old 02-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #158

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Guessing you just can't wait for that one day when it all will melt, eh?

Ditto, "...and it continues" ...here in sunny New Mexico, that is. Picture taken on a visit to Dave's 19, a little north of Albuquerque a meer several days ago. Expecting temps to continue being in mid-60s, Jimbo.
Attached Thumbnails
Corrales.jpg  
Old 02-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #159

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I feel your pain Jim. I was up in the Shippensburg, Cambersburg PA area for the last two weeks. I missed 8" of snow last Wednesday in Asheville. I did get to enjoy our 72 degree day yesterday in my home town of Asheville, NC. I went to school just south of Syracuse where they are at 208" ytd. That's why I settled in the mountains of NC.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #160

Trailer: None
The Philadelphia area needs a new name: Potholedelphia. The streets here are a mess with lost hubcaps all around. And we are still not done with this winter...

Follow along Down the Road with Me.
Seamstress is offline   Reply With Quote