Enough already…. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Enough already….

We got 9" yesterday, seasonal total 24", 4-6' more due tonite and tomorrow, with another storm coming this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0960.JPG   DSCN0961.JPG   DSCN0962.JPG   DSCN0963.JPG  
Old 02-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
Jim, snow in the yard, trees and bushes can be very pretty. Enjoy the view, at least until they plow the streets.
Tom
TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
It's a real winter here in NJ for the first time in a long time and I don't mind the snow as much as I minded the deep cold we had last week. But then I live two blocks from everything so I don't have to drive.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #4

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
Just think how much money you're saving on campground fees. :-)

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
I would welcome the snow in place of the severe drought we are having in California. There are several communities in CA that will run out of water in the next 100 days if we don't get significant rain. Please pray for rain!!
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 2012 15A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba55 View Post
I would welcome the snow in place of the severe drought we are having in California. There are several communities in CA that will run out of water in the next 100 days if we don't get significant rain. Please pray for rain!!
Normally here in the Pacific Northwest we would have a glut of precipitation that we could spare down in California. But this winter is different! Have had far less precipitation, more sun and generally a mixed bag of temperatures fluctuating from above normal to below normal. Presently we are having a cold spell with sunshine.

We could certainly use more precipitation here as well, preferably as snow in the mountains to secure summer water supplies.
The long range forecast is for the trend to return to normal after we get through the cold snap currently in place.

Hope that California gets the precipitation you badly need - real soon.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:32 PM   #7

Trailer: none
We're supposed to get 1/2 inch of ice tonight.

I'll take snow anytime.
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #8

Trailer: None
Westerners! Please feel free to come to Philadelphia, PA, and help yourself to our current 12" of snow. All you can carry, free! Or wait until tomorrow and have it capped in ice! Or come on Sunday when we will have YET MORE SNOW! We are seriously running out of places to put it. The very cold weather won't let it melt away. With the rivers freezing over, areas are now in danger of flooding as well.

I feel for those who are experiencing drought. I lived in CA for 8 years so I know first hand of the water problems. If only there was some way to send the clouds your way.

Follow along Down the Road with Me.
Seamstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
We Californians would greatly appreciate your snow! I wish I could figure out a way to get it here.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #10

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress View Post
Westerners! Please feel free to come to Philadelphia, PA, and help yourself to our current 12" of snow. All you can carry, free! Or wait until tomorrow and have it capped in ice! Or come on Sunday when we will have YET MORE SNOW! We are seriously running out of places to put it. The very cold weather won't let it melt away. With the rivers freezing over, areas are now in danger of flooding as well.

I feel for those who are experiencing drought. I lived in CA for 8 years so I know first hand of the water problems. If only there was some way to send the clouds your way.
Ok folks no need to go that far - just come to Calgary .......bring a BIG truck.....all you can carry - duty free !! In fact some of us may be willing to pay - unfortunately just in CDs though !!
Old 02-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Cd$ will only get you the dirty snow, clean snow has to be paid in US$. Just came in from cleaning off BlackJack, I feel 100 lbs lighter…….
Old 02-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #12

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Cd$ will only get you the dirty snow, clean snow has to be paid in US$. Just came in from cleaning off BlackJack, I feel 100 lbs lighter…….

Our snow is pristine ........ Are you trying to start a bidding war ?
Old 02-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #13

Some of you may laugh, or think I'm smoking wacky weed. But if we can put a man on the moon, why can't we develop a pipeline pumping system across the continent to transfer excess water/snow runoff to places that need it? Some of the problem may be due to extreme environmentalists, some to costs. But, if this task were undertaken, like the interstate highway project was, it would put people to work, cut insurance costs/damages from flooding, increase food production by reducing flooding/drought. Heck, for the most part pipes could run in the grassy sections between the roadways on the interstates. When flooding is forecast for areas, gates to pipelines on the rivers could be opened to pump excess water to a reservoir or area that can accept the overflow.

Just to keep this topic in the arena of camping...this solution would provide water to help campgrounds keep fire risks to levels other than HIGH or EXTREME.

Ok, I've stashed the soapbox back under the trailer.

If you can dream it, you can do it
walloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #14

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
A week ago Sunday we were sending our pristine snow south to ND and MN from our home here on the border, a wicked wind, I29 and MB75 both shut down. The only problem with us sending it south is that it will melt and rise the north flowing Red River to higher levels.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
It is still just early February, and I know around here March is the month with the heaviest snowfall. Still more winter to enjoy, just need some more spare time to do it in.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #16

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Jim, you have such a good attitude. This last snowstorm has been particularly beautiful. The trees are laden with snow which makes them pretty, but also gets me a little nervous about next year when there is a trailer in the driveway.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #17

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by walloe View Post
Some of you may laugh, or think I'm smoking wacky weed. But if we can put a man on the moon, why can't we develop a pipeline pumping system across the continent to transfer excess water/snow runoff to places that need it? Some of the problem may be due to extreme environmentalists, some to costs. But, if this task were undertaken, like the interstate highway project was, it would put people to work, cut insurance costs/damages from flooding, increase food production by reducing flooding/drought. Heck, for the most part pipes could run in the grassy sections between the roadways on the interstates. When flooding is forecast for areas, gates to pipelines on the rivers could be opened to pump excess water to a reservoir or area that can accept the overflow.

Just to keep this topic in the arena of camping...this solution would provide water to help campgrounds keep fire risks to levels other than HIGH or EXTREME.

Ok, I've stashed the soapbox back under the trailer.
I've often wondered the same... However, I had been thinking of Oregon/ Washington water (Columbia River). My Oregon daughter tells me they are way down in rainfall as well.
I also think that solar powered desalination of sea water at some point might be utilized as well.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #18

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
No snow here

As a skier up here in Canada whose local mountain resort is closed for lack of snow, I wish our yard looked like Jim's. Unfortunately, instead of snow in our garden, we've got snowdrops in bloom.
Attached Thumbnails
JanuaryFlowers (1 of 1).jpg  
Old 02-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #19

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
A week ago Sunday we were sending our pristine snow south to ND and MN from our home here on the border, a wicked wind, I29 and MB75 both shut down. The only problem with us sending it south is that it will melt and rise the north flowing Red River to higher levels.

Adrian
MN thanks you for the snow,
Old 02-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #20

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
We've got plenty of it here in Wisconsin. Even with snowshoes it is tough going out there until we get a trail made -- then it snows another 6" on it again.... Luckily Blue is safely tucked away in the shed you can almost see in the second picture.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0437.jpg   IMG_0438.jpg  

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote