Escape 19' Initial Trip - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Escape 19' Initial Trip

We finally got a chance to try our new 19' for an extended trip. I am not counting the one nighter in Sault Ste Marie when there was snow on the trees and the dog’s water bowl froze.

Perhaps some background first, we are coming from a pop up camper and grew tired of the time, effort and low comfort from such a RV. I saw a Casita and really liked what I saw, the smooth sides, small size and great towability it looked like just what we wanted. However in reading on their fine forum for several months it soon became apparent to me that a Casita was never designed for more than two persons. Scratch that. Next we moved to 5th wheels and since Scamp is so close it made sense to look at their 5er. I did not get very far at looking as I could not get excited about a new TV and always having to stick with a three passenger truck to do any towing.

This was about the time that the Escape 19 was announced and I watched carefully as the new 19 rolled off the line and people started posting photos, comments and modifications. We ordered.

Now, what did I like on my first trip. What impressed me the most was the view. I could not get over sitting at the dinette table and being able to see out so many windows in so many directions. We opted for the sink window so I had one more than a standard unit. The second fav was the ease of setup. From the time we pulled into the site it was less than 15 minutes to connect water, power, do jacks and awning, set up chairs - you know the drill. This was without practice. It would have been quicker if we were boon docking. Finally was the storage, our one complaint was not if we could store something but where was the best place. So much room and so many choices . . .

We had rain and was that a different experience. One did not wake up in the morning with that wet canvas feel and proceed through the day hoping it would dry out. The comfort level during the rain was so much better, not the rain hitting the aluminum roof and not the worry about ceiling drips or fan leaks.

Do I have questions? Yes I do but I will start a new thread for those. No problems and sleeping three is great, lots of room for movement inside. Everything worked flawlessly.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Escape17
Re: Escape 19' Initial Trip

Lucky you..

I can't wait to right a review and comment on ours....sounds you like it very much.

Pat
patjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B

Hi Paul, Janet and Peter,

it sounds like you had a wonderful first camp-out with your Escape 19'! Nice report!

My first real camp-out with Cafe Egg is coming closer, it will be a 10-day trip. I just cannot wait to finally try everything out. Most certainly I will give a report as well, once we get back. Hmmm, maybe I should bring my computer along to do real-time updates...

Next year we definitely should plan on a get-together in one of those beautiful state parks around here!

Gerda
Old 06-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #4

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Yes Gerta, computer in hand and daily updates. Fun.
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharms

Next year we definitely should plan on a get-together in one of those beautiful state parks around here!

Gerda
Sounds like a great idea to me!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote