Escape 19 Layout Question - Option - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-04-2016, 10:06 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
about a stretched 19 into a 21 might be something that Escape might consider in the near future as an alternative to those that buy the 19 because they don't like the 21 layout.....
I'm one of those people who would consider buying a 21 if it was a stretched version of the 19. Lot's love the 21 layout. I don't. Not likely that ETI will ever offer that option. On the other hand we consider the 19 perfect for our needs.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:51 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I'm one of those people who would consider buying a 21 if it was a stretched version of the 19. Lot's love the 21 layout. I don't. Not likely that ETI will ever offer that option. On the other hand we consider the 19 perfect for our needs.

Ron
Ron, I pretty much agree with you. My totally ideal layout would be a stretched 19 with the Queen bed in front and dinette in back. But, I feel the same way about our 19. It meets our needs perfectly.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:59 PM   #23

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post

Ron
Also thought that since the surprise about the new 21 with a raised dinette floor in the rear, some found that troublesome who signed up for a new 21 not knowing it and now their option is to accept or cancel.... after reading the links Donna provided for the design of the original 21 and Escape saying how the 2017 molds,width, frame changes, door width and style, flat sides, similar tank sizes, etc... it seemed now more plausible that a stretch 19 could be accomplished..queen bed in front orientated same as 19 and elevated dinette in rear or bed in rear (like 19 ) and flat floor dinette in front...only one bath mold needed and located on driver side and almost all plumbing remains the same between 19 and 21...sorry to diverse on this thread...perhaps a new thread is in order.
I don't have any doubt Escape could sell it as I know several people who would buy it but the current 21 layout has no alternative and doesn't seem as flexible as a 19.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
Did I miss something? Is there going to be a raised dinette in the 2017 19'?
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:45 PM   #25

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoke View Post
Did I miss something? Is there going to be a raised dinette in the 2017 19'?
No, not in the normal layout (dinette in front). The rear floor area will be raised (like the 17') which will be noticeable as a raised floor area in the rear dinette if you buy the reversed (bed in front / dinette in rear) floorplan of the 19'.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:15 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
Al

. it seemed now more plausible that a stretch 19 could be accomplished..queen bed in front orientated same as 19 and elevated dinette in rear or bed in rear (like 19 ) and flat floor dinette in front...only one bath mold needed and located on driver side and almost all plumbing remains the same between 19 and 21...
That wouldn't interest me at all. Two things I like about the 19 layout are; one, the bed is at the back. Guests come in and sit in the dinette. No having to walk past the bed, the kitchen area etc. to get to the dinette. Two, I can pop in, lounge, get up and exit all the while my wife can be using the kitchen without me having to squeeze by.

If a stretched version was available I'd want the extra length to be in the mid-section for more cupboards and counter or at the rear to accommodate fore and aft berths like the Oliver. Hmm, wonder if they'd make a make a 23' stretched 19'.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote