Escape 19 vs Escape 21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Escape 19 vs Escape 21

I'd like to see the weight numbers before making up my mind. I have learned a lot from my 19' and there are some options I'd not repeat. But that aisle space and counter space, I'm drooling over.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #2

I have learned a lot from my 19' and there are some options I'd not repeat, care to share with us what these are Jim you peaked our curiosity , cheers mike

stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #3

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
Donna , what I was thinking was I wonder if it would be possible to have a queen bed sideways in the front as it is in the rear of the 19 and then have the bathroom down the side like the 19. I wonder if there is enough room between the front of the trailer and the door for this.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Escape 5.0, 2015 F150 2.7EB
Ditto to Dave, we really like the idea of rear bed like in the 19, now if only there could be a rear queen in the 21, we'd probably wait another year to save up for the more pricy trailer and likely slightly more powerful tug. Or I like Jim B.'s idea of the 5.1

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'd like to see the weight numbers before making up my mind. I have learned a lot from my 19' and there are some options I'd not repeat. But that aisle space and counter space, I'm cooling over.
Jim,

With a 19 getting ready to be built I'd sure like to hear what you have learned about the options and what you would not repeat.

Thanks

Dave
dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #6

I can't speak for Jim but here is what I would change, I would get the table that hooks to the wall not the pedestal version as it would alow better use of space un the table when folded down. I would not get the range hood as the max fan is close by and does a better job of venting and is quieter. I would get the batteries mounted inside the trailer and not in the storage box. The space inside the trailer under awning side bench is awkward to access and more space in the storage box would be nice. I wouldn't bother with heat pads on the tanks and I wouldn't get the heat strip in the ac unit again.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Everyone will have different needs, dependant upon there camping styles. For instance, I agree with all Dave's decisions, with the exception of the table support. We really like the pedistals, and the ease of use. The sliding table is a bonus too. But the batteries inside, no range hood, not heat strip in the A/C (easy to carry a small electric heater).

About the only other thing I did that I would not now, is to have a stereo installed. While it works great, I much prefer the flexibility of the many portable solutions, that can be used elsewhere too. I have 7,000 songs on my phone, and find I mostly use it, either via bluetooth, or directly through a cable.

Many don't use the low pressure quick connect, but I love ours and am planning to do a second one.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #8

Trailer: none
Just curious ... why would you prefer the batteries inside?
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 'Houdini 2'
This is indeed an amazing feat. We love our 19 so much that I can't imagine wanting anything else, but for those of you who love the idea of more space, this will surely fit the bill nicely! Tammy and Reace, you are phenomenal. As so many have said, and I know we all agree, the way you listen to people and make things work with these high quality campers is just so special. I hope you feel all this admiration and love... We are looking forward to one of these big guys coming to the eastern US so we can catch a glimpse!
Have a wonderful break at the rally. We'll be thinking of you all and wishing we were there.
- Jenny
Old 06-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #10

The reason I would put the batteries inside is that the dinette seat storage are on the awing side is kind of wasted space as its hard to reach the back through the little door and the batteries take up a fair bit of room in the storage box that is easy to access.