Escape 21 at the rally - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Escape 21 at the rally

So with over 80 Escapes at the rally this weekend, surely someone saw the new 21'. Any comments to those who are in the dark?
Old 06-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #2

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
I was thinking the same thing Jim, all those folks who got to see it are being a little stingy with the insight
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #3

I t almost like they do not want to let us southerners in on their little "gem" secret.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
The Old Bag wants a 21. "It's like a mansion, to me" said she. The kitchen is bigger than my kitchen at home. The bed has it's own alcove. In the 19, she says, the bed is in your face. She thinks it's brighter too, but that may be blue sky and wine speaking. Likes new vinyl floor pattern over our 17.
I like the big fridge, which the Old Bag points out has room for beer and food. It also is digital and has a locking feature that I like. The sink in the bathroom is bigger and apparently the whole bathroom is bigger.
Maybe if we sell our house, we'll get one, and the new vehicle to tow it with.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #5

Thanks Glenn,
It helps those from afar in deciding to purchase, sight unseen. You guys are our eyes and ears so to speak,
Old 06-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #6

And, speaking of counter space; it is generous. A real bonus in my opinion.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Very roomy. Much more spacious looking in real life than from prints and production photos. There is more counter space and a bit larger bath like baglo says. I am not rushing out to buy one, but no doubt it will be popular with many.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #8

Well, we have a 17B and today, as we sat in the shade of it, the Old Bag suggested that if we were to sell the house and buy a condo, maybe we should get a 21 and a new tow vehicle. Just say'n.

baglo
Old 06-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 E21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
The Old Bag wants a 21. "It's like a mansion, to me" said she. The kitchen is bigger than my kitchen at home. The bed has it's own alcove. In the 19, she says, the bed is in your face. She thinks it's brighter too, but that may be blue sky and wine speaking. Likes new vinyl floor pattern over our 17.
I like the big fridge, which the Old Bag points out has room for beer and food. It also is digital and has a locking feature that I like. The sink in the bathroom is bigger and apparently the whole bathroom is bigger.
Maybe if we sell our house, we'll get one, and the new vehicle to tow it with.
From the photos the bed (of the 21) looks closed in and perhaps hard to get in and out of. We were worried about ventilation in that area. How did it look in person?

Thanks, Vella
abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #10

I didn't try it out, but I don't think it would feel closed in, but you don't need black out curtains since there is no window at the front. You can get out without climbing over your partner, a negative in my opinion.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #11

Trailer: No RV for now.
The 21 is a great trailer. It is spacious, incredible amount of counter space, much larger bathroom, lots of amazing features. We still like our 19, though. It's all about personal preference. The large dinette in the back will be a plus for many. Wonderful new addition to the Escape family!
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
Hi Jim,

I have been mostly a lurker on the forum, except for a few responses to baglo posts. I finally visited the Escape factory yesterday to look at the 19, but also had a peek in the 21.

Stepping inside, the first thing I noticed was the bed area was nice and bright from the large window. It was facing south on a sunny day. Good for daytime, and I think I recall you saying you like to stargaze at night.

Comparing it to the 19, the main galley area has more open floor space, and the kitchen counter area is so much larger. Look at the space between the sink and cooktop in the photos.

I liked the shelf behind the passenger side bench in the dining area.

I didn't really check out the closet and bathroom space.

I thought the bed area in the 19 seemed more open than the 21, although I did not actually lie down on the bed in either of the trailers to compare. A bit narrower than the 19's queen size.

I am thinking that Reace can add a Quahog 2 graphic at the factory. After a few mods of your own, you can rename it as Quahog 2.1

I am guessing that you have had Quahog longer than any of your other trailers. (6 in 4 years?) Not surprised you are upgrading after a year, but that you are planning to switch to another Escape says something.
KirkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #13

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by abby View Post
From the photos the bed (of the 21) looks closed in and perhaps hard to get in and out of. We were worried about ventilation in that area. How did it look in person?

Thanks, Vella

I had a chance to tour the 21. I don't think ventilation would be an issue as the bed is open to the wider gallery space. It is surrounded by 3 walls though so you do somewhat have to crawl up onto it. There is also some space at the foot of the bed to where the cabinets are - if someone was very tall, the bed top could be made longer. There is definitely more counter space though personally, I'd prefer a trailer size double sink with a removable cover for situations when you wanted more counter top. I also would make a tilt-out garbage container below and to the left side of the sink. It would be skinny but deep - I hate seeing garbage containers! The bathroom is different in that it is narrow and deep - it provides more leg room when on the throne plus more standing room for taking showers - I think that's a great improvement.

I personally prefer the looks of the 13, 15 and 17' trailers - partly out of necessity but also because they (if you'll pardon the pun) fit the mold of small fiberglass trailers. The 21 just doesn't look as cute on the outside as the others. However I can see the benefits of the 21, especially for people who simply need more room. We love our 17 but we bought it for two adults - I wouldn't consider it family size unless my kiddies were real small! Based on the fact that some 19' owners are planning to move up to the 21' shows there's a need and a niche for it.
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:30 AM   #14

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by abby View Post

Thanks, Vella

I had a chance to tour the 21. I don't think ventilation would be an issue as the bed is open to the wider gallery space. It is surrounded by 3 walls though so you do somewhat have to crawl up onto it. There is also some space at the foot of the bed to where the cabinets are - if someone was very tall, the bed top could be made longer. There is definitely more counter space though personally, I'd prefer a trailer size double sink with a removable cover for situations when you wanted more counter top. I also would make a tilt-out garbage container below and to the left side of the sink. It would be skinny but deep - I hate seeing garbage containers! The bathroom is different in that it is narrow and deep - it provides more leg room when on the throne plus more standing room for taking showers - I think that's a great improvement.

I personally prefer the looks of the 13, 15 and 17' trailers - partly out of necessity but also because they (if you'll pardon the pun) fit the mold of small fiberglass trailers. The 21 just doesn't look as cute on the outside as the others. However I can see the benefits of the 21, especially for people who simply need more room. We love our 17 but we bought it for two adults - I wouldn't consider it family size unless my kiddies were real small! Based on the fact that some 19' owners are planning to move up to the 21' shows there's a need and a niche for it.
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: LBaranyai...Cute is a size relative term. People with 13'ers think our 5.0 is big... while people with 40' behemoths think our little 5.0 is "so cute".
For the downsizing market or the up sizing market the 21'er will fit the mold!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #16

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Does anyone know the hitch and overall weight of the 21? It is not yet posted on the Escape site. A big reason a lot of us are attracted to the Escapes brand are the size and ease of towing.

Thanks,
Mike
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote