Escape Quality - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2015, 02:05 PM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
The ETI trailers are wonderful and well made. If (when?) I were to buy another the one thing I would definitely appreciate: the opportunity to upgrade the cabinetry to something other than the white oak simulated wood veneer.

Regards,

Matt

Old 10-03-2015, 02:09 PM   #12

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - 2016 Ram 1500 Up for Sale Soon 19k mi
Quote:
Originally Posted by memobug View Post
The ETI trailers are wonderful and well made. If (when?) I were to buy another the one thing I would definitely appreciate: the opportunity to upgrade the cabinetry to something other than the white oak simulated wood veneer.
Regards,
Matt

Wouldn't that be a great upgrade.

Old 10-03-2015, 02:17 PM   #13

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
That was discussed some time ago and a member who builds cabinets etc. pointed out that the veneer used helps prevent moisture from deforming panels ( from memory - it was a long time ago ). Better material for RV application and a whole lot cheaper to buy and maintain.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Having had 3 Scamps, an Escape 17B, with a 29 sticky thrown in there, this will be our 5th Molded Fiberglass trailer. The quality difference going from the Scamp to the Escape 17 was very noticeable, however, the price reflects the difference. Scamp is built to a different market segment than Escape so not an apples to apples. I will probably continue to have a Scamp or other brand in the stable, cause I love to redo them. For our personal trailer, the huge difference for us was how much better the Escape was on all fronts when out camping. Since we hopefully will be using it constantly, especially when retirement hits, the all around better camping experience becomes very important to us. Wifey said, "The Scamp felt like roughing it, and the Escape feels like we went to a condo." Wifey wins, we will soon be in the 19 Escape. Can't comment on any of the other brands of molded trailers since I've never had any of those. I have watched the evolution of Escape and Reace, Tammy and ETI are big factors in feeling comfortable with investing in the trailer and ETI as a company.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:55 PM   #15

Trailer: April 2015, 21, towed by 2011 Tacoma
My position on all this is "I own it and so I accept the responsibility to maintain it"! Just like my cars that I have always paid cash for, a vehicle keeps my attention as I am financially invested in it. Our Escape 21 (EVERGREEN II....EII for short) is just as important as any vehicle I have ever owned. I have already made a few few modest adjustments to mechanical things and a mod or two along the way. And I have had a failure of the water heater wiring and winterizing hose set up that Escape was very responsive to correcting. All that does not diminish my enjoyment of EII or the ETI company. Having "sold" two 21s to inquiring interested folks, you can also put me in the cheer leading section. I choose to be a participator in life and not a spectator and so my involvement is important for EII's health and my health too!
Patrol35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:10 PM   #16

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol35 View Post
I choose to be a participator in life and not a spectator and so my involvement is important for EII's health and my health too!
Cheers to good health!

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:18 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
LarryandLiz: Felt as though you were writing directly about me: No RV experience whatsoever, no fiberglass knowledge, VERY few DIY mod/maintenance skills (oil change in car about the most every done!) and live far from ETI Chilliwack.

I want to learn and do all the maintenance required to keep my Escape in great shape.

Will all the maintenance requirements be clearly provided (in a handbook of sorts) when I pick up in a couple of weeks?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandLiz View Post
I’ve wondered about people’s expectations who have little RV experience, no fiberglass trailer knowledge and few DIY mod/maintenance skills who live far away from ETI Chilliwack who purchase an Escape.Larry
Old 10-03-2015, 05:30 PM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
You will have several hours of reading manuals and most are also available here on line in the forum "Files" section is now operating....
Old 10-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #19

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - 2016 Ram 1500 Up for Sale Soon 19k mi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol35 View Post
My position on all this is "I own it and so I accept the responsibility to maintain it"! Just like my cars that I have always paid cash for, a vehicle keeps my attention as I am financially invested in it.
Larry from New York, I wholeheartedly agree with your outlook regarding this subject.
I expect a few issues to surface after delivery but will keep in mind that its's the nature of most all RVs and by comparison at this price point we are way ahead. In fact I suspect we are ahead of pricier brands that have more luxury but no better build quality, components yes much nicer but at a cost. I researched all fiberglass trailers past couple of years and read the forums.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:30 PM   #20

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Escape Quality

I don't care one whit if I'm accused of being a cheerleader for Escape. There have been so very few companies I've been able to cheer for over the years - or even had the enthusiasm to do so - and I'm making up for lost time.