Escape Quality - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2015, 09:56 AM   #41

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvermeulen View Post
The trailers are better than stick builts for sure, thats wwhy we all purchased them. But if you dont speak up about deficiencies then escape can make no improvements. We did not like the construction sawdust in cupboards, room for improvement. Still acgreat trailer.
ken
Hi: kvermeulen... I figured it this way. I paid for all that sawdust... and I got what I paid for Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:10 AM   #42

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I wouldn't join any club that would have me.
Attached Thumbnails
groucho-marx.jpg  
Old 10-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #43

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
ETI is far from perfect. We have had issues, but I am still a "happy camper". They still make a product that is superior to most all out there. They make stick builts look sad. I am convinced they are trying to get better.

The Japanese made a science of continuous improvement. Hopefully ETI is working in that way as well. Don't think that Reace isn't paying attention to posts here on the forum.

If you want to put this in perspective, type in "Airstream leaks" and have a good look around.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #44

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
Zardoz
Was ETI able to resolve the 4.3 refer insufficient cooling problem ?
"my refrigerator did not meet my performance expectations, and I like many others am subject to the current frame recall. However, each time I raised these issues with ETI, they provided the parts and/or resources necessary to resolve all of my issues."
Yes, they did. In addition to providing me with a new, better insulated door (at no cost) Reace (as we all know) did extensive field testing in his units to identify other possible solutions to improve fridge performance. I incorporated his flue/chimney fix as well as added extra insulation around the unit and chimney. I also incorporated an independently controlled fan switch (not sure if that idea came from Reace or somebody else here on the forum [likely Tom aka: Kountrykamper]). Happy to say it works great now.

Before you say that ETI didn't fix it, but rather I had to, bear in mind that not everyone had fridge problems. From Reace's point of view, his customers were seeing varying results from identical builds. No question that a lot of folks did have issues, but a lot didn't have any complaints. I can't blame ETI for this disparity. Anyone who's read the many threads on fridges knows how much time and energy ETI put into that issue personally and with his supplier. Don't know of many (if any) other company's would invest so much effort to ensure customer satisfaction.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:18 PM   #45

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Yes, they did. In addition to providing me with a new, better insulated door (at no cost) Reace (as we all know) did extensive field testing in his units to identify other possible solutions to improve fridge performance. I incorporated his flue/chimney fix as well as added extra insulation around the unit and chimney. I also incorporated an independently controlled fan switch (not sure if that idea came from Reace or somebody else here on the forum [likely Tom aka: Kountrykamper]). Happy to say it works great now.

Before you say that ETI didn't fix it, but rather I had to, bear in mind that not everyone had fridge problems. From Reace's point of view, his customers were seeing varying results from identical builds. No question that a lot of folks did have issues, but a lot didn't have any complaints. I can't blame ETI for this disparity. Anyone who's read the many threads on fridges knows how much time and energy ETI put into that issue personally and with his supplier. Don't know of many (if any) other company's would invest so much effort to ensure customer satisfaction.
Good answer.
People gripping over left over sawdust...😭
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:45 PM   #46

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
Good answer.
People gripping over left over sawdust...��
I just shook some more loose on my first backcountry trip. I thought it was a rite of passage.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:30 PM   #47

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvermeulen View Post
We did not like the construction sawdust in cupboards, room for improvement.
ken
My trailer was perfectly clean when I picked it up at ETI. Yet when I got it home an hour later, I had to vacuum up construction sawdust inside and outside the cabinets. I had to do this for the next few trips before the issue went away.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:47 PM   #48

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
My trailer was perfectly clean when I picked it up at ETI. Yet when I got it home an hour later, I had to vacuum up construction sawdust inside and outside the cabinets. I had to do this for the next few trips before the issue went away.
Yea, it takes a couple of "shake down" trips for the sawdust to fall out of all those nooks and crannies.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:54 PM   #49

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: kvermeulen... I figured it this way. I paid for all that sawdust... and I got what I paid for Alf
They say you have the sawdust coming out after shaking the trailer. We shook it through the Canadian Rockies. No saw dust! Where's our sawdust?? We paid for it!!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:13 PM   #50

Trailer: 2015 15B
If you want sawdust try driving highway 20 between Williams Lake and Bella Coola in BC. It's like washboard in some parts. I drove it partway on my maiden voyage and did get some sawdust. I didn't think it was a big deal and was to be expected after all that shaking.
scoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #51

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19 (TV: 2007 Chevy Tahoe)
I contacted Escape yesterday, Saturday, about an issue I'm having with my 12v. outlets. I expected to hear from them, at the earliest, Monday, the next "business" day. I received an email from Reace, today (Sunday). I'd say that's excellent customer service, exceeded expectations!
I knew what I was buying and gladly put my money down. Of course some pieces are paperboard. I'd hate to think how much the trailer would cost, and weigh, if all the wood pieces were solid material. Earlier, Reace sent me a new inverter when I had problems with the original. I sent the original back at their expense, no problem. I wish lots of other companies had their sense of customer service.
Gary
pkgman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:12 PM   #52

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoram View Post
If you want sawdust try driving highway 20 between Williams Lake and Bella Coola in BC. It's like washboard in some parts. I drove it partway on my maiden voyage and did get some sawdust. I didn't think it was a big deal and was to be expected after all that shaking.
And, of course, it could be Casita or Scamp rivets shaking loose! Just a little kidding for our fiberglass brethrens...
Old 10-04-2015, 07:33 PM   #53

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Our Escape had several issues on delivery. The sink had been installed with the drain washer on the wrong side of the sink and no seal was put under the sink so that any water leaked into the cupboard. Also a screw on the hot water heater outside door was stripped and one on a window valance. Considering that our trailer was built during the period when ETI was hit by some flu bug, to the point that Reece and Tammy had to cut short their visit to the Blue Bonnet Rally, we expected there might be some minor problems. We stopped by the factory at the beginning of a trip and Reece himself fixed our sink. He was very apologetic and mentioned how the staff had to cover for each other during illness and a few things like this can occur. Our first trailer, a Nash, had at least as much wrong on delivery, to be expected in mass production. What impresses me with ETI is that Reece and Tammy are aware of and on top of the issues. I see them constantly adjusting their production to improve their trailers. On my tour of the factory, half the customizations that I asked about were already standard build. They listen to us! My concern about the loss of drawers due to the furnace relocation in the 21’s prompted Reece to redesign it to give back one of the two drawers it displaced. WOW!

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #54

Trailer: ESCAPE #3 COMING - 19 FT
My real point on the sawdust was to say if you dont speak out on quality issues then nothing changes. Big or small issues, escape needs to know. I had water leaking in past a wire into the cabinet area. Stopped in at eti and Reace was glad to know of it because by placing the wire 3 inches further it could have been prevented.

No one is griping, just saying if u dont speak out, then u are part of the problem.
ken
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
TV - NOT YET, THINKING RIDGELINE OR F150
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
kvermeulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:28 PM   #55

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Here's a problem that according to Escape "happens occasionally; nothing can be done- but will not have any structural effect".

The Marine Surveyor hired to inspect verified it is likely cosmetic, but said was easily avoidable with more mat on the door frame. Didn't see this on our 2010 17B.
Attached Thumbnails
print through.jpg  
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:24 AM   #56

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Hey Ross,
Was this showing when you originally got the trailer or has it become visible as the trailer aged even though it's only a year now? Definitely, something that needs to be resolved along with the divot on your roof in the other post. I agree with the surveyor that nothing appears structural, so the most difficult part of both repairs will be matching the gel coat. Your trailer should still be under warranty and I would think ETI should take care of these especially if you could schedule it back at the factory. Keep us posted on the response.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:33 AM   #57

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
We have been very happy with the quality of both our Escape trailers. There have been a few minor issues, but nothing beyond what we can deal with. Last spring, When I posted about an LED fixture that wouldn't turn off, Reace saw the post and had a fixture in the mail to us the next day. Not typical of the service one gets with many other RVs.

The Tecnomadia folks just renovated their 1960's Era bus. They put up a long utube video about renovation vs buying new. I mention it here because They have some pretty scathing comments about build quality in the RV industry in general. But they were very happy with their Oliver
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #58

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... Can't remember where I read it now but the Life of the average new RV no matter the price point is five years.
Our 5.0TA is not without problems... most are cosmetic. On the tech side our water pump failed, and the fresh water tank kept filling when hooked to city water. One call to ETI and a pump was dispatched that day. Reace then asked if I needed a RV Tech to install it.
I did a R&R reseal job on the upper rear turn&tails as the lights pulled away from the body and broke the ProFlex seal. I splurged and bought a pak of S/S #10X 5/8" Robertson screws to replace the std. ones!!!
After tweaking our RML8555 it has been working flawlessly, so why assign it to landfill?
I haven't even had the bearings repacked yet!!!
Yes ETI's growing is showing, but they are still,by far and away, above average builders of quality RV's!!! Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:17 AM   #59

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post

I am happy for you. Did you enjoy doing the mods to your refer that should have been done during installation at the factory as specified by the Dometic installation manual ? As I am sure you know from reading previous threads, Reace stated that installing the baffle did not work. I was hoping that ETI would resolve the 4.3 refer issue as they have may with the 6.8 refer. We have not experienced costumer satisfaction with the 4.3 refer, as Reace stated that he would "diligently" pursue.
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:47 AM   #60

Trailer: ESCAPE #3 COMING - 19 FT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
They say you have the sawdust coming out after shaking the trailer. We shook it through the Canadian Rockies. No saw dust! Where's our sawdust?? We paid for it!!
I can send u some.
ken
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
TV - NOT YET, THINKING RIDGELINE OR F150
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
kvermeulen is offline   Reply With Quote