Escape sighting? - Page 104 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2023, 11:08 AM   #2061

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Pittsburgh View Post
Yesterday, about 1:00pm, westbound on US-2 south of Glacier NP, a 19 (I think) with blue graphics.

Based on the previous post, there were two 21's at nearby Two Medicine the day before - we almost had an impromptu rally!
Lorraine, that was us traveling on route 2… 21’, not a 19. Happy traveling!
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 09:14 PM   #2062

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Fiberglass Report

Just back home today after 2431 miles to Nebraska, southern Wyoming (Snowy Range), northern Colorado. Perfect weather with just a couple showers that did not affect any of our activities. The count
4 Escapes 2 21’s on the road in Wyoming on Tuesday, one 15 on the road in Iowa on Wednesday and a 19 in the City CG in Gothenburg Nebraska. Nice folks who were full-timing since about November.

3 Airstream Nest campers all on the road

4 Scamps, one in camp where we stayed 5 for days.
4 Casitas, All on the road
3 Sunraiders, 2 on original Nissan Chassis and one modified and fit on a newer Ford Ranger.
Did not see a single Bigfoot, Oliver or other fiberglass trailer. Did see about 4 or 5 Northern Lite pickup campers.

Campgrounds were pretty full some places and nearly empty in others.

My first experience in ten years of camping where the AC was running and suddenly shut down. I immediately checked the breaker on the camp box, 30 amp was fine. Cord had power at both ends. Then checked panel, all breakers ok. Took a step back and looked at the EMS readout. 113 Volts. Ah ha “Brownout” in a full campground. Really didn’t
Need the AC, we were just cooling the camper down after we’d been on the road in the sun all day. Came back up by about 10 PM to 118 but we just stayed on propane and 12 volt till bedtime.

Sat outside till about 9:45 PM after meeting up with an old friend we hadn’t seen since 2017. He is a retired pharmacist who served as a medic in VietNam. Two silver stars and a bronze star,
“6 months in the brush.”
All in all a very good trip. Highest price on gas $3.99.9 lowest $3.44.9 Neola, Iowa today.
Went to a bull riding rodeo. They said I was too late to register so I had to sit in the stands.
Iowa Dave

Snowmobile for Old Geezers like me
Attached Thumbnails
D6E83489-0310-4946-BD98-DA2A9C12105C.jpg  
Old 08-30-2023, 10:03 PM   #2063

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Went to a bull riding rodeo. They said I was too late to register so I had to sit in the stands.
Iowa Dave
Too late to register... as a rider, or as a bull? Glad you had a good (and safe) trip.
Old 08-31-2023, 05:50 AM   #2064

Those were the meanest rodeo bulls I’ve ever seen. Only about four or five eight second rides in the first round out of twenty some contestants. No full rides in the short round. The “winner” got a broken collar bone, second place got a broken elbow. One of the outriders trying to round up a bull, stayed on his horse when the bull got under the horse’s belly and physically lifted the horse off the ground with his horns. Didn’t seem to affect the horse the rest of the night but had to hurt. It was kind of crazy at times but a lot of good horsemanship and some tough young guys trying to make the big time.

Back in my younger days I had a big boy chase me up an oak tree where I sat on a scaffold limb for about an hour as he milled around underneath. That was enough for me.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-31-2023, 09:26 AM   #2065
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Just back home today after 2431 miles to Nebraska, southern Wyoming (Snowy Range), northern Colorado.
...The count
4 Escapes 2 21’s on the road in Wyoming on Tuesday, one 15 on the road in Iowa on Wednesday and a 19 in the City CG in Gothenburg Nebraska. Nice folks who were full-timing since about November.

3 Sunraiders, 2 on original Nissan Chassis and one modified and fit on a newer Ford Ranger.
Did not see a single Bigfoot, Oliver or other fiberglass trailer. Did see about 4 or 5 Northern Lite pickup campers.
Sounds like a great trip, Iowa Dave. Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Also glad to see I am not the only one who takes note of other rigs on the road. To me that's part of the fun, to see how other folks RV out there.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 09:38 AM   #2066

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Dave you'll never get me on one of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Buulride.jpg  
Old 08-31-2023, 11:15 AM   #2067

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Glad Dave that you had a good trip and saw lots of Escapes. The fact that they are rarer in the east means that so far we've seen zero. There's an Oliver here and a Casita from MA just moved in next door whilst we were out but haven't seen the people since it's windy and rainy here on the north coast of Prince Edward Island (the remnant of Franklin is well to the east but still impacting weather here)

In our total week on the island we've only had two nice sunny days so enjoyed walking the beach. Off to Nova Scotia tomorrow hopefully we'll see an Escape yet and the weather is improving. We had planned to meet up with Alf last weekend but they scooted off the Island before we had the chance.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 09:26 PM   #2068

Trailer: 2022 21 C owner :-D/ '24 RAM 1500 Limited
Hi, all.

I'll pick up my 'new' 21C in two days, and I'm giddy with excitement. In preparation for Wednesday, I went to our local Bi-Mart for supplies. On the way back home, I spied an Escape 17 sitting in someone's driveway! "I'm not alone!", I exclaimed. We're located in Corvallis, OR.

Well, I turned right round and parked in front of the house to introduce myself, and inform the owners that I'm soon to become an owner myself. I told them about the Silver Falls State Park NOG in October, too!

Hope to meet folks during our travels.
mresseguie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 11:04 AM   #2069

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Sunraider

Quote:
Just back home today after 2431 miles to Nebraska, southern Wyoming (Snowy Range), northern Colorado. Perfect weather with just a couple showers that did not affect any of our activities. The count

Campgrounds were pretty full some places and nearly empty in others.

My first experience in ten years of camping where the AC was running and suddenly shut down. I immediately checked the breaker on the camp box, 30 amp was fine. Cord had power at both ends. Then checked panel, all breakers ok. Took a step back and looked at the EMS readout. 113 Volts. Ah ha “Brownout” in a full campground. Really didn’t
Need the AC, we were just cooling the camper down after we’d been on the road in the sun all day. Came back up by about 10 PM to 118 but we just stayed on propane and 12 volt till bedtime.

Sat outside till about 9:45 PM after meeting up with an old friend we hadn’t seen since 2017. He is a retired pharmacist who served as a medic in VietNam. Two silver stars and a bronze star,
“6 months in the brush.”
All in all a very good trip. Highest price on gas $3.99.9 lowest $3.44.9 Neola, Iowa today.
Iowa Dave

Snowmobile for Old Geezers like me
Dave, Where did you see the Nissan Sunraiders.? Just rehabbed and sold one to a young man in NORTHERN colorado. Did two over the last couple of years, actually quite a nice RV, my Nissan had the V6 and a 5 speed manual so it had no problems with the hills here. The sale price was a big part of the purchase price for my 21C.
Attached Thumbnails
00FD19E1-5568-4CBD-83BA-CCAEA3AB7A15.jpg  
J1973s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 12:31 PM   #2070

The third one I saw parked on the street was in Walden Colorado in front of the stockman bar and grill. That’s pretty far north in Colorado. The second one was in Kimball Nebraska and the first one was in North Platte Nebraska. The one in Kimball was in the Ford Ranger Chassis. Saw a very pretty Deuce Coupe in candy apple read near Laramie with what looked to be a 350 Chevy power plant.

Saw a 1930 Ford pickup “rat rod” at the Kum and Go at Neola iowa belonged to the guy behind the counter. Said it was his year round daily driver. It had a 350 Chevy also.
Saw one split window fastback corvette going the other way in Nebraska at about Aurora.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-05-2023, 01:39 PM   #2071
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1973s View Post
Dave, Where did you see the Nissan Sunraiders.? Just rehabbed and sold one to a young man in NORTHERN colorado. Did two over the last couple of years, actually quite a nice RV, my Nissan had the V6 and a 5 speed manual so it had no problems with the hills here. The sale price was a big part of the purchase price for my 21C.
These and the Toyota variant (Chinook maybe?) seem to be enjoying a resurgence in popularity. That's the first Nissan I have seen but there have been a number of Toyotas on the the road.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 10:46 PM   #2072

Trailer: 2020 19’ Still Long Gone
Escape 15 (13?) in WA

We were checking out Camano Island State Park this afternoon and saw an Escape 15. At least I think it was; it could have been a rarer 13’. It was tucked away in a nicely wooded site and we almost missed seeing it. Beautiful park with small sites but looks doable for our 19’. Now that school has started the crowds are definitely smaller.

Happy trails y’all
Catherine
outwiththedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 09:52 AM   #2073

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
There was a 21 at Raser state park (Washington) the other day- I only saw it at night and they left the next day so didn't get to say hello. Enjoying lovely weather here and no crowds this week.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 03:26 PM   #2074

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15 B. Room4Two
Mount Vernon Tire
Hiding in service bay.
Escape A Roo

Safe travels

Today
ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 06:42 AM   #2075

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Finally saw an Escape after 5658 km on this trip. Pulled in beside a 19 From NH at Hopewell Rocks PP in NB.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 11:07 PM   #2076

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
What a fun Escape sighting weekend! We're have been showing my brother and his wife around the greater Port Angeles area this weekend and have seen more Escapes then we have seen in thousands of miles of travel! Over the past two days we have seen an E19 and a 5.0TA at the Sol Duc Hot Springs campground, an E21 at Salt Creek, and an E19 at Fort Worden. We have also seen an E17 eastbound on Hwy 101 between Port Angeles and Sequim. Five Escapes in two days at different locations!

Safe travels all! Doug
Doug & Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 05:22 AM   #2077

Trailer: 2019 19 ft.
Near Johnson City TX

Sunday, Sep 10, 2023, about 2:15 pm, we passed an E21 headed north on US Hwy 281 between Blanco and Johnson City, Texas. Happy trails.
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 10:31 PM   #2078

We found an RV storage facility for our 21C less than 15 minutes away from our home. After I had backed it into its bay, my wife and I wandered around the site to see what kinds of RVs are there. Well, we found an Escape 19 just two rows away.

There's also a 17' Escape trailer in town. Its owners keep it in their driveway. This means there are three Escape trailers here in Corvallis, Oregon.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:33 AM   #2079

Trailer: 2021 17B
Welcome and glad you found a place to park your Escape, storage has been rather tight the last few years.

Besides me (17B, parked in storage) I believe there are a few other Escape owners in Corvallis not including the 17 you saw in the driveway (I only saw it recently — new owners?)
pgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 12:44 AM   #2080

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgorman View Post
Welcome and glad you found a place to park your Escape, storage has been rather tight the last few years.

Besides me (17B, parked in storage) I believe there are a few other Escape owners in Corvallis not including the 17 you saw in the driveway (I only saw it recently — new owners?)
Hi!

Wow - four of us in Corvallis!?? Small world indeed.

Yes, I saw the 17’ as I was driving west on Circle Blvd, and headed back to say hello.

Maybe one day we can all have our own mini round up on the coast or in central Oregon??

Are you going to the Silver Falls get together in October?

Michael