Escape sighting? - Page 15 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape

Old 04-05-2015, 11:58 PM   #141

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I was at Davis Mountains State Park in west Texas over the past few days. Yesterday a couple knocked on my door. They had traveled from California in their Escape 19, and told me that my trailer was the first Escape they had seen on their current trip.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:11 AM   #142

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Dramatic footage of highway rescue after fire traps family in RV | Watch News Videos Online

Anybody else see this. Check out the trailer parked in the campground in the background.

GerriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:30 AM   #143

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
Just got back from 4 weeks on the road to Nevada, Death Valley Anza Borrego and San Diego and no Escapes. Today passed a 19 with blue logos pulled by Highlander with BC plates headed north on the Portland I-5 bridge. We honked but weren't towing so they probably thought we were crazy. They will still be on the road as I write this. Anyone know who was driving??

Hi, I believe that was us, heading home from a 7 week adventure through California, Arizona and a bit of Nevada. Great trip, met a few other escapes, saw the attention on the Portland bridge but not sure what it was about Thanks! Enjoy your website!
KirkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:39 AM   #144

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Hugh and Denise Currin from Oregon came by our trailer this afternoon here in Monument Valley. They are camping here as well in their 19. Nicest couple ever! Gave us our first gift for our new trailer -- a little night light to plug in to the side of the kitchen cabinet just inside the door. Makes a great tester for the campground power too!

This was the first Escape we've seen on our trip home with our 19.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:42 AM   #145

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerriJ View Post
Dramatic footage of highway rescue after fire traps family in RV | Watch News Videos Online

Anybody else see this. Check out the trailer parked in the campground in the background.
Yes, we saw it, only for a second but recognized it instantly. Backed it up and paused it to make sure. Wonder if it's anyone whose usually on the forum.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:04 AM   #146

Trailer: 2008 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlbua View Post
yesterday(4/4) on our way to Chilliwack to pick up my 5.0TA.We saw 5.0 classic heading north on 25 in Albuquerque, NM. Our first time to see a Escape fifth wheel.
Well, it wasn't us - we might be the only 5.0 classic in NM - but nice to know another Escape was at least traveling through NM!
Sandia Park, New Mexico
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #147

Trailer: 2006 Escape 17B
two Escape 17B's camped at Bullard's Beach, Oregon Apr.04, one from Calgary, Alberta and one from Nanaimo, B.C. Both heading south down 101. Was good to chat, maybe meet again near San Fransisco.

Peter

That was us and now we are both in the same campground in petaluma

good to see you again

alan
alan in alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:23 PM   #148

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Encountered our first Escape in it's natural habitat! We go hiking at the Folsom Lake State Recreation area weekly and occasionally take a swing around the campground. We've never seen any fiberglass trailers there. Couldn't believe our eyes when we saw our first fiberglass trailer there which just happened to be an Escape. Not only that, it was a 21, just what we've been trying to see! With some careful tracking we were able to arrange an encounter and meet Toto face to face.

Thank you so much to Doug and Susan who showed us their beautiful 21 and answered so many of our endless questions. It really helped to see everything in person. We have so much to learn!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:09 PM   #149

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
With some careful tracking we were able to arrange an encounter and meet Toto face to face.
Jill and Kevin made our day by saying nice things about Toto... and brought the freshest strawberries we've ever consumed. Welcome to the Escape community, you two!
Old 04-13-2015, 08:12 PM   #150
rfs

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
I have driven about 35,000 miles in the past two years. I've seen scamps, Casitas, park liners etc. but no Escapes, until today when I saw a 15 or 17 on highway 30 in Iowa, 3 miles from our home! It was so unexpected I really did not get much of a look at it. Blue graphics, I think, about 3:50 in the afternoon. It reminded me of the old saying, if you can't stop, honk and wave as you go by. I'd like to know who it was if they follow the forum.
Thanks,
Dave.

rfs is offline   Reply With Quote