Escape sighting? - Page 25 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Old 07-28-2015, 03:31 PM   #241
Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Just saw, what looked like, a 13' Escape Trailer with Alberta plates, grey graphics and a green kayak on the Sea to Shy Highway in Squamish.

J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:19 PM   #242
Trailer: 2014 21'
Spotted a 5.0 TA going north on Route 1 east of Ellsworth, Maine, a little after 2 PM.

Vella, Glenn, Abby

Vella, Glenn, and Abigail
Escape 21
abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #243
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Saw a 5.0TA on the Stewart/Cassiar Highway at the Nass river bridge pullout towed by a white RAM. Nice looking rig.
gharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:21 AM   #244
Trailer: 17ft B Escape "lark"
17b at cannon beach
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:57 AM   #245
Trailer: 2015 17A picked up and ready
Saw a 17 being pulled by a red vehicle (too fast to tell what kind) just north of Whitehorse, Yukon Territories on Sunday, Aug 2. My alternator in my tow vehicle quit working 2 hours before as I was making a break for Skagway, Alaska on battery alone. The engine quit altogether in an impressive rain and lightning storm just as I reached Carcross. A very kind trucker picked me up in a big rig and took me back to Whitehorse where I could buy a fresh car battery. His vehicle was a 90' long double trailer ore carrier capable of carrying 50 tons of ore .... it had 9 axels with four tires each plus the two front steering tires for a total of 38 tires. I'll think of him next time I need to replace my four tires.

Riding in the cab felt like riding a locomotive where the cab, and seats were added as an after thought ..... I had gotted pretty wet in the storm and my clothing kept steaming up the windshield, cab without much vetilation, as we barreled along down the highway thrashing through the gears .... I saw no substantial evidence that the steering wheel was actually connected to the front wheels .....

It was during thoughts about my fate .... on one hand grateful for a warm dry cab to ride in and the other wondering about what kind of beast I had climbed into .... that I looked up and saw a red car towing a 17 whiz by in the other direction..... then I knew all would be well.

(It was really quite a storm .... my driver told me that in 30 years of driving that route, he had never seen lightning high up in the pass above Skagway like that night. The next morning I was able to buy a new battery and hitch back to Carcross. That made it possible to drive to Skagway, about an hour, and ferry to Juneau where I live and can fix my car)

As has been pointed out here .... its the unexpected that makes the lasting menmories. I am so grateful to that truck driver who helped me out and the very kind native man who gave me a ride back to my car. Life is good.

I can't help it ...... I grew up reading Popular Mechanics in the 50's and 60's .....
StarvingHyena is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:36 AM   #246
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Wow, lots of excitement in Alaska, Tom.
2017 Escape 5.0 TA (someday soon, I hope )
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:57 AM   #247
Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Quite an adventure, great story. think I'll stick to cruise ships.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alaska05A.jpg (42.8 KB, 27 views)
"A billion here, a billion there...add it all up and before you know it you're talking real money." Everett Dirkson
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:01 AM   #248
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21', Dec 14, 2016; pulled by 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
On Monday, August 3rd, I saw what I think was a 17 heading east on highway 20 out of the Anacortes/Whidbey Island area. We were headed west and I just barely got a glimpse of it due to driving and traffic. But, I was able to shout it out to my friend and she twisted around in the seat to look at it. She's quite a motor home fanatic and can't quite wrap her head around why I want an Escape trailer, regardless of all the nifty things I tell her about them (now she wants a small Class A!!).

It was early afternoon and I was wondering if it was someone that had just picked up their trailer and was headed home after spending some time camping with their new rig. I don't remember the color of graphics or what was towing it (small SUV, I think).
Laura, Dirk and Lucy & Spike (the cats)

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:38 AM   #249
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19'
We are headed north from Texas to Chilliwack to pick up our new trailer on Thursday. We saw our first Escape "in the wild" in Yellowstone NP yesterday 8/10. It was an Escape 19 with blue graphics towed by a silver SUV just south of Tower Roosevelt headed south about 1:30pm.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:59 AM   #250
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Interestingly enough, we travelled from Florida to Chilliwack for a May 27th pick-up date and did not see a single FG trailer until we got to Idaho, almost 3,000 miles, and it was an Escape 19, presumably headed home after delivery.

2015 F150 2.7 EcoBoost (Big Spot)
2015 5.0TA (Little Elsie)
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote