ESCAPED FROM SCAMP - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Old 08-21-2010, 05:58 AM   #31

Hi: gocamp...Just to set the record straight...Yes there are rivets used in the construction of an Escape!!! Just not as many as in a Scamp. Using the "Tab In" process for the cabinettes eliminates the most. At The Scrambled Egg Meet in Indiana I sat looking at a Scamp 5th. Wheel in the next site and counted 47 rivet caps on the one side of the trailer!!! On the same side of our trailer there are none...visable!!!
The forward Hatch door, the exterior shower, the service hookup light, the stove vent hood, furnace exhaust pipe, 4 clearance lights, electric cord and water fill doors are all riveted on.
The Kitchen sink base cabinette was fastened thru the body seam from the outside into the wood tabs, and this was where the advisory was given to replace and seal 4 screws. Cost $1. (Thanks Reace for the heads up to a potential problem) The Belly band trim is riveted on as a decoration to cover the seam joint around the trailer. Most of those rivets mentioned are not visable al la Scamp with white caps to cover them.
Everyone of the 27 other Indiana attendees, and most all their wives and significant others, toured our trailer and ALLwere amazed at how smooth and aerodynamic it looked!!!
I hope this clears up any miss conceptions...gocamp... as I would not want you to go away thinking the wrong thing!!!
All things posted still need to be varified by Reace as he is the ultimate Escape Builder. I'm sure every precaution has been taken to ensure a long and trouble free life for every Escape, and a minimum of upkeep for their trailers. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote