Escapes near Rochester, MN or btwn there and Louisiana? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2017, 11:15 PM   #1

Trailer: 21' 2018
Escapes near Rochester, MN or btwn there and Louisiana?

Hi! We are at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN for a week or two and would love it if someone close would open their Escape up to show us! We have a 21 on order. Probably a 19 would be an ideal length, but I can't deal with the high windows of the dinette side. A 17 would be fine, but my husband is 6'2/6'3.

21' seems sooo big, and we have zero perspective on the different sizes.

We would love to see anyone's Escape if you're close by!

Thanks!
SouthernCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:55 AM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
I think you can get the dinette raised in the 19. And then the windows would not be so high
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape 1977 Trillium 1300
Contact Escape directly and get a referral. No doubt there will be some suitable trailers along your route. I would suggest you look at both a 21 and 19 in person (two separate referrals). Or go to one of the campouts and tour a few.

We attended a campout two years ago and that was what won us over on Escape. We also toured a fantastic Oliver, but that is really outside our budget.
NCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:33 AM   #4

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
I can't imagine that you would want to route through Southern Tennessee on your way home, but if you do, we would be glad to show our 19.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:55 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamper View Post

21' seems sooo big, and we have zero perspective on the different sizes.

Thanks!

OP, here is an older thread to peruse
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...nput-5027.html

Also, the 19 can be "secretly" had with a reverse layout, should that suit. The 19 is also from memory 4" narrower, which shines through when in one. In fact, all the Escape sizes have their own personalities, which is why some would say make sure you go to either Chilliwack or a local rally to tour all.

Good luck in your search.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
With your husband 's height a raised dinette for a 19 (if you choose so) would be ideal. Don't know how tall you are, but raising only the benches without raising the floor makes a huge difference. The 3" raise ETI allowes, gives you a better view and more comfortable seating. Plus you get a little more storage room underneath.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:03 PM   #7

Trailer: 21' 2018
OK so we have a 2 yr old, so the 21' space seems nice for days when the weather is bad (or weeks when the weather is bad). But it just seems so BIG! Can they really reverse the layout? Why doesn't everybody just do that instead of raising the dinette?

I've read the 19 Vs 21 threads, and i saw photos of a woman with her head barely at the bottom of the window when sitting at the dinette. That is not what I want. I would be really bummed!! I'm 5'2. I don't want to spend what feels like an insane amount of money only to have the view be "better" as you describe it, you know? I want it to be amazing to look out of the windows while at the dinette, bc the outdoors is why we are there!

I've been in a hotel room in cold stormy weather for two weeks, so I'm understanding the value of a good view from inside, so you don't go nuts!

The windows/layout difference alone is why we have a 21 on order. But when I walk out the dimensions it seems so huge...

I know we just need to see them...soon before we finalize!
SouthernCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:23 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
OK so we have a 2 yr old, so the 21' space seems nice for days when the weather is bad (or weeks when the weather is bad). But it just seems so BIG! Can they really reverse the layout? Why doesn't everybody just do that instead of raising the dinette?
The layout cannot be reversed in the 21'. The reversed layout on the 19' is okay for a single person, because the "dinette" is now a smaller bed. You lose the queen size bed, because it's now the dinette.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:34 PM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Adrienne, there's no substitute for seeing the trailers in person. Give Escape a call so they can put you in touch with some owners in your area.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 11:21 PM   #10

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:

I've read the 19 Vs 21 threads, and i saw photos of a woman with her head barely at the bottom of the window when sitting at the dinette. That is not what I want. I would be really bummed!! I'm 5'2. I don't want to spend what feels like an insane amount of money only to have the view be "better" as you describe it, you know? I want it to be amazing to look out of the windows while at the dinette, bc the outdoors is why we are there!

I've been in a hotel room in cold stormy weather for two weeks, so I'm understanding the value of a good view from inside, so you don't go nuts!

The windows/layout difference alone is why we have a 21 on order. But when I walk out the dimensions it seems so huge...

Here's my 2˘.

I like the size of our 19 but most of the time it will be just 2 of us and a dog. It's also the biggest model that we could fit in our garage without major renovations.
The 21 is bigger but I don't think it's huge. I don't know how you'll use your camper but 4 more inches of isle space might be nice with 3 people, one of which is still growing.

When you are considering the dimensions are you in an open area? Walls that go all the way up, cabinets, and especially a lower ceiling will make that space feel very different (smaller). I'm not tall (5'-10") but I was shocked at how big the 5.0TA felt just because of the higher ceiling.

We didn't raise our dinnette and as far as reversing the floor plan, the price you pay in addition to $, is that you lose the Queen sized bed. Of course you don't get a queen bed in the 21 either, but a smaller bed was a deal breaker for us.

Good luck with your decision making. It's pretty far out of your way but if you want to swing over near Madison WI on your way home, your welcome to see our 19.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:27 AM   #11

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape 1977 Trillium 1300
Quote:

To me, windows are all about letting light into the camper, and if they open, letting fresh air in too. If I want to see the great outdoors, I am getting out of the camper and walking.

+10 Reversing dinettes on the 19 means a MUCH smaller bed up front, 46 inches wide versus 60 inches.

Bad weather can linger for sure, but unless its torrential rain and wind, I'll put out the awning and go outside. Camper is where I sleep and sometimes eat. Or watch a little TV at night, or read a book. I can't spend all day inside the camper. I go nuts. So if the weather is bad, I might jump in the TV and go shopping. Or put on rain gear and go for a hike.

For those that want to sit higher, raising the dinette benches is a fine idea. Done right, you gain additional storage too!
NCBill is offline   Reply With Quote