Experience with Leaks? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Old 04-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #11
Re: Experience with Leaks?

Hi: cheryls... SSSorry drain holes are only in the slider windows . Gee that much humadidity...it must have been pouring!!! In that case I would have the MaxxFan on low blowing out. Sounds like a wee sauna in there . Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #12
Trailer: '09 Escape 19 "Grasshopper"

What a timely topic. We just got back last night from spending five days in Driftwood, TX for the Old Settlers Music Festival. It poured down rain on four of the five days. I was concerned when I noticed that the inside window tracks had a fair amount of wetness/water in them & thought our windows might be leaking. Fortunately, the water never came out of the tracks & is hopefully drying out. Glad to hear that the drain slots were designed for just such purposes & that it isn't a true "leak" problem.

btw - It rained the whole time at last year's festival too. Sure was glad we had Grasshopper this year instead of the tent. It helped minimize the kiddos cabin fever during the extended downpours.

Brad & Shay

'09 Escape 19 "Grasshopper"
'14 MB GL350 BlueTEC; '99 Toyota 4Runner V6 4WD
Texscapees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #13

Originally Posted by cheryls
With regard to the fixed back window, I don't see any drain holes at all in ours. When we were camping in 100% humidity in Oregon in November, condensation completely filled up the little trough on the inside of our window. We had to get a big towel and soak it up in the morning and if we had slept in, it would have overflowed (on Bruce's side of the bed!).
Did you get the double paned glass? Suprises me if it happened with the insulated glass, but not with the single pane. Our Casita was single paned and "wept" inside from condensation. I've never seen it with our double paned glass.
"In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice. In the morning, I will offer my prayer to you, and wait in expectation" Ps 5:3
'11 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab (5' bed) 09 Escape 5.0
Blacksburg, Virginia (Home of the Virginia Tech Hokies)
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #14
Trailer: 2009 19' Escape

No we didn't get the double paned glass (probably a mistake). And that weekend on the Oregon coast had just the combination of wetness and cold outside and heat and breathing inside to make the windows drip. We should have at least had the vent open.

Our area averages about 85% humidity and the Escape has been out in it all winter with no problems at all. I doubled over the mattress and moved all the cushions so nothing is touching the walls. I use a couple of Damp Rid containers and a little air circulator/dryer fan thing that I got from West Marine:

There's been no problem with leaking or condensation over the rainy winter and the inside still looks and smells brand new.

Cheryl and Bruce
Eureka, California
cheryls is offline   Reply With Quote