Fast trip to Chilliwack! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by John G. View Post
HI Donna, We are in our hotel waiting for tomorrow and the pick up. We did drop by and got to do a quick look over of our 21. You had taken a picture of it yesterday though the fence. We got to talk to Reese, Tammy and Kim, all very nice folk.
We are very happy with the results.

John
John and Joanne - we were just thinking of you! Tomorrow is the big day, that was fast, where does the time go! Happy trails, hope we see you on the road.

8)
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:50 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
John and Joanne - we were just thinking of you! Tomorrow is the big day, that was fast, where does the time go! Happy trails, hope we see you on the road.

8)
Thanks Kathie, We were very influenced by you and Daves 21. You did a great job of decorating and showing us your fine camper. We really like the full dinette.

John
John G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Goody! Love videos. As far as pictures, press the "Go Advance" button in the "Quick Reply" window when trying to reply, you'll see down below the green bar "Additional Options" a button that says "Manage Attachments" that's where you upload pics.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Goody! Love videos. As far as pictures, press the "Go Advance" button in the "Quick Reply" window when trying to reply, you'll see down below the green bar "Additional Options" a button that says "Manage Attachments" that's where you upload pics.
Thanks Donna.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 04-30-2014, 11:20 PM   #25
Site Team

You did it JOHN! Neato! ! Love, love, love all the pictures. Look at that SMILE!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:42 AM   #26

Trailer: 2016 21' sold, current class C, Now looking
Donna, thanks for the pics. Now I am too excited but gotta wait since switching from 21 to 5er we will be in 2015. Curious about your build sheet changes...
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:49 AM   #27

Trailer: 2014 E21
Congratulations Donna! (and John!) Great photos!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:23 AM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by John G. View Post
HI Donna, We are in our hotel waiting for tomorrow and the pick up. We did drop by and got to do a quick look over of our 21. You had taken a picture of it yesterday though the fence. We got to talk to Reese, Tammy and Kim, all very nice folk.
We are very happy with the results.

John
Hi John, Barbara and I are 1 day behind you with our orientation on Friday. Where are you staying your first night? Maybe we'll see you there! We've been planning on Deception Pass SP for our first nights.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:44 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
Hi John, Barbara and I are 1 day behind you with our orientation on Friday. Where are you staying your first night? Maybe we'll see you there! We've been planning on Deception Pass SP for our first nights.
We are staying at the Best Western which is just around the corner from Escape. It's nice but there is no complementary breakfast. We will be staying in Anacortes for second and third nights. Tonight we will camp in Lyndon at an RV park to check things out We are just waiting now for 8am and the indoctrination.

Good luck with your travels back to NC. We like Asheville a lot.
John
Old 05-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #30

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Tim Horton's is right next to the Best Western.
If you like their coffee it's convenient.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #31

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
Do any of you know anything about the RV parks in Harrison Hot Springs? We were thinking of staying there for a night or two after picking up our trailer.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #32

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
How wide is the 21'?
We stayed at one on a creek ( walking distance to town ), and you had to shave before leaving your trailer or you'd get caught on the one next to you.
That was many years ago.
Suggest using Google Earth to see what you are getting into.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #33

Trailer: 2012 15A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
Do any of you know anything about the RV parks in Harrison Hot Springs? We were thinking of staying there for a night or two after picking up our trailer.
Not in Harrison but close by is Sasquatch Park. Part of the BC Provincial park system. There are 2 camp sites in the park, fairly close to each other. The parks is very nice. The camp site does not offer any hook ups if that is a requirement. I think part of the road to the park is still gravel.

Sasquatch Provincial Park - BC Parks
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #34

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
I had looked at Harrison Springs and the pix looked nice and I think it got good reviews. I was disappointed that the best hot springs are attached to a hotel, although there is a public hot springs. I'm trying to figure out where we'll stay first night also.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:18 PM   #35

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
Well Hi gang! Along with the travel time Donna and I put in, I had 6.5 hrs flying each way also, plus a 3 hr delay in Vegas yesterday! But as Donna said, the trip was well worth the time! I am sorry to say that I did not get any better pictures than Donna, so I won't clutter up the thread.
Can't tell you all how much fun it was to see so many Escapes everywhere! It was such a pleasure to do business with them, and to use Kim's insight and ideas for things! Because of Kim, I changed my dinette to a U shaped, I think I'm gonna love it!
Still many days to go, but the hard part is over.....now if I can just be patient!
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
Out of curiosity, we just took a look at the availability of sites at Deception Pass for July 28th (our first night). We were surprised at how relatively few sites were still available. Being total newbies to pulling a trailer, we booked the last pull-through site in the Quarry Pond area. If you're not already booked at DP for your first night, you might want to get to it soon. Good luck.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #37

P.S. Donna, we love your pictures and story. Best of luck with your second gen 5r.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #38

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Not in Harrison but close by is Sasquatch Park. Part of the BC Provincial park system. There are 2 camp sites in the park, fairly close to each other. The parks is very nice. The camp site does not offer any hook ups if that is a requirement. I think part of the road to the park is still gravel.

Sasquatch Provincial Park - BC Parks
It looks like both Ruthie and Ron are looking for rv sites close to Chilliwack for a night or two when they pick up their dream Escape. I'm guessing the people at Escape have fielded these questions before and would be a good resource, perhaps they've got a referral system of sorts set up. Chilliwack is close to both Cultus and Harrison Lakes and depending in the time of year they can be quite busy because their close proximity to the big populations of Greater Vancouver.

Harrison has a few RV camping sites. Rainbows End rents for long term and I think also short term stays. Nothing spectacular about Rainbows End but would be good enough to park and try out a new Escape for a night or two. Rainbow's End Camping & RV Resort (604-796-9417) the web site isn't developed, my parents had a year round site their about 6 years ago and the RV camp was ok. Run by a nice Korean family, the attraction is its proximity to Harrison. Harrison is a nice little tourist destination. Cultus can be a zoo in the summer time with everyone out from the city gritting in their weekend fun. I've seen other RV sites closer Chilliwack, off the freeway, Escape might direct u to one of those. I guess it depends how long u intend to stick around the Lower Mainland once u've picked up your Escape.

Liz and I will probably stay at Fort Langley when we do our first Escape trailer wknd Fort Camping in Fort Langley, BC, Brae Island Regional Park (Brae Island Regional Park) that is just because it is close to home. I think if I was coming into the Lower Mainland and wanted to do a bit of sight seeing I'd consider camping there.

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #39

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
If you are from the US you will be picking up your trailer in the US, Sumas WA to be exact. You now have two options, return back to BC for your first night or longer or stay on the US side. Whichever option you choose be sure to hold off on grocery shopping until you are in the country you will use up the meats and vegetables. Check the rules for going both directions and shop accordingly.

In either case, I do not think you need to be ultra conservative and stay at the nearest campground. The chances of needing to return to Chilliwack are extremely low, why waste a night camping in a location that is . . . well marginal, when you could be enjoying a mountainous, beach front or sea front campsite. Depending on your pickup time, amount of daylight and personal desires you should consider such locations as Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, Whidbey and Oak Islands, North of Vancouver on the Sea to Sky Highway, or east and north of Chilliwack on the Trans Canadian and related routes. Do not feel you have to be in an established campground with electric and all the amenities, it may be a better test of your unit to be boondocking.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki A. View Post
Well Hi gang! Along with the travel time Donna and I put in, I had 6.5 hrs flying each way also, plus a 3 hr delay in Vegas yesterday! But as Donna said, the trip was well worth the time! I am sorry to say that I did not get any better pictures than Donna, so I won't clutter up the thread.
Can't tell you all how much fun it was to see so many Escapes everywhere! It was such a pleasure to do business with them, and to use Kim's insight and ideas for things! Because of Kim, I changed my dinette to a U shaped, I think I'm gonna love it!
Still many days to go, but the hard part is over.....now if I can just be patient!
We had fun didn't we Vicki! Come on... post a picture or two, I know you've got 'em

I too changed my build sheet to a u-shape dinette, but am adding a filler board and an extra cushion so the back bench will be about a foot wider for lounging. I'm not having the table installed, but will have two stooge tables in the dinette. I'm looking for a place to lay around and relax with overstuffed pillows, etc. It may not be the right layout for a couple or family, but I'm thinking it will be perfect for me 8)

Patient? I'm still taking Tums.

I'm looking to stay at the Lynden KOA or Cedars at Ferndale the first night. I know I'll be exhausted from excitement and have decided I don't want to travel far that first day. Everyone needs to decide for themselves... this will work for me.