faucet question - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2015, 06:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
faucet question

I know some of you have provided ETI with your own kitchen faucets. I'm thinking of using this one (linked below) or something similar because it has a single lever which I prefer, and because it has a pull out sprayer which I use all the time at home.

I wonder though if I might have an issue with the hose beneath the cabinet interfering with anything. My cabinets at home have lots of space but this won't be true of the cabinet in the trailer. Also I wonder if it might have greater wear & tear since RV lightweight seems to equal poorer quality compared to the one I have at home. I like the KISS approach to the trailer and don't want to introduce problems.

So for any of you that have purchased your own faucet, (especially if it's a spray faucet), have you found any issues, or regrets?

Brushed Nickel Faucet - Phoenix Products SP2104-06-02I - Faucets & Inlets - Camping World

Thank you in advance!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:56 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
I was thinking the same thing in terms of having one handle. But I was wondering if we can get the stainless sink but provide our own faucet. I'm not so concerned about the sprayer.
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:04 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I know some of you have provided ETI with your own kitchen faucets.
So for any of you that have purchased your own faucet, (especially if it's a spray faucet), have you found any issues, or regrets?
We provided our own single-handle sprayer faucet.

A couple of things to keep in mind. The sink is generally smaller than a full size kitchen sink so a bar-size faucet worked best for us. Also, the space for hoses, including the supply hoses and sprayer hose is limited to roughly a foot high. For this reason it might be wise to ensure that your hoses are very flexible. One possible solution that we considered, but didn't implement, was to have ETI cut a big hole in the shelf which would gain access to the next compartment. But that is where the wheel wells are, so the gain is small, and the chance of dropping something and not being able to retrieve it was significant.

--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I did both, my own sink and my own faucet. 100% happy with both. I didn't get a "credit" for not taking either of the standard ETI builds and it cost me extra for the "option." Still happy with my decision and would do it again if needed/wanted.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:54 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
Different year and model, so not sure this will help. We are second-owner beneficiaries of the custom installation shown in the attached photo. The extension hose hangs neatly behind the sink drain pipe, in the area of the water lines. The space would be pretty much unusable for storage anyway, and we have never had any hangups with the pullout function. And it looks good!!!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01267.jpg  
soultrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:08 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We had a pullout spray faucet in our 19' with no problems and I liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I know some of you have provided ETI with your own kitchen faucets. I'm thinking of using this one (linked below) or something similar because it has a single lever which I prefer, and because it has a pull out sprayer which I use all the time at home.

I wonder though if I might have an issue with the hose beneath the cabinet interfering with anything. My cabinets at home have lots of space but this won't be true of the cabinet in the trailer. Also I wonder if it might have greater wear & tear since RV lightweight seems to equal poorer quality compared to the one I have at home. I like the KISS approach to the trailer and don't want to introduce problems.

Brushed Nickel Faucet - Phoenix Products SP2104-06-02I - Faucets & Inlets - Camping World

Thank you in advance!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:15 PM   #7
Site Team

I have paddle handle/high lift faucet on 4" centers. Love being able to turn on/off the faucet with just the back of my hand. Especially when they're icky!
Old 05-19-2015, 08:40 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
For one reason or another, we ended up having the "stock faucet" installed by ETI and I've never been happy with it. Ours leaked, the aerator broke and I would always end up with a puddle of water on the counter behind the faucet. Our service tech recommended this faucet Chrome Single Handle Pull Down Hybrid Kitchen Faucet with Spray Shut-off which he said is made specifically for RVs and is one of the best you can buy. We had it installed before our two week trip and I love it. It's attractive, easy to use, doesn't leak (no plastic pieces) and fits the footprint of the smaller sink. We haven't had any problems with the hose underneath so far.

I think the faucet you're looking at might not be high enough for pots/pans/etc., even if it has a pull-out sprayer.
Attached Thumbnails
New Faucet.jpg   New Faucet Underneath.jpg  
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:04 PM   #9

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by soultrek View Post
Different year and model, so not sure this will help. We are second-owner beneficiaries of the custom installation shown in the attached photo. The extension hose hangs neatly behind the sink drain pipe, in the area of the water lines. The space would be pretty much unusable for storage anyway, and we have never had any hangups with the pullout function. And it looks good!!!
Ooooo, love the fabric on the dinette area! Did you get the trailer that way or add them later?

I'm going to add this type of faucet to whatever we order.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
We purchased this one: Coralais Three-Hole Kitchen Sink Faucet with 8-1/2" Spout, Ground Joints and Lever Handle | Wayfair and had Wayfair ship directly to ETI. After the first month, we're happy with its functionality and its looks. Fits perfectly. This is the build pic. Finally, no drips behind the sink!

Klaus
Attached Thumbnails
037.jpg  

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:47 PM   #11

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Ooooo, love the fabric on the dinette area! Did you get the trailer that way or add them later?

I'm going to add this type of faucet to whatever we order.
Courtesy of the original owners; who apparently customized liberally during initial build (including upholstery I suspect), and added a few more neat touches later.
soultrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:55 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19 (TV: 2007 Chevy Tahoe)
We sent ETI a single hole single lever faucet for facory installation. The spread faucet takes up too much room. Those 20 sq. in. of added counter space helps. And, no, the hoses underneath don't interfear with anything.
Gary
pkgman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:30 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Thank you everyone for your input and especially the pictures. I feel much better about getting a spray faucet now. And I much prefer the high neck option from CADreamin. Definitely going to look into that. Thanks again!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:57 PM   #14
Site Team

Isn't this kind of information valuable? There are so many choices that on first blush, folks don't even consider.

For years, I have mopped up water behind the faucet of my sink in the Scamp. Hands wet when turning off the faucet, sloppy dishwasher (me!), lots of wet stuff going on.

When I decided on my custom ETI build, the sink and faucet area became important. I didn't want to duplicate the same WET I had problems with for years.

Hence, the prep sink (love the bigger size) AND the faucet actually sits ON the sink, not behind where all that wet stuff happened and I've dealt with for years...

May the choice you make work perfectly for you!
Attached Thumbnails
Sink.jpg  
Old 05-19-2015, 11:05 PM   #15

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Isn't this kind of information valuable? There are so many choices that on first blush, folks don't even consider.

(snip)

Hence, the prep sink (love the bigger size) AND the faucet actually sits ON the sink, not behind where all that wet stuff happened and I've dealt with for years...
That's why I'm now taking the time to read through some of the older threads to find out what's what. It'll take time, but I plan to work my way through quite a bit of it. I'm constantly taking notes and sending links to hubby so he can read 'em. (He thoroughly enjoyed the photos of someone's factory tour from a few years ago - he's an engineer. I fall asleep over stuff like that. HA!)

Good idea with the faucet on the sink, but it doesn't have the single lever, unfortunately.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:15 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Good idea with the faucet on the sink, but it doesn't have the single lever, unfortunately.
And it's all about what works best for YOU.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:53 AM   #17

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Love the sink and faucet you put in. You're right about the water everywhere. I am always mopping up water in our Casita, so having the faucet mounted on the sink makes sense. Would you share the brand of the sink? Also, what is the size?
Thanks!
Carla Jean
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:52 AM   #18

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Thank you All for chiming on this faucet /sink thread. I'm working on my build list and your comments have been so very helpful.

Tom
Old 06-20-2016, 11:14 PM   #19

Trailer: 2014 17a
We have the stock faucet and sink, and are generally satisfied with it. But we find that the tap continues to drip when not in use. Anyone else had this experience? Any suggestions?

Lynda
lyndamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:57 AM   #20

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndamac View Post
We have the stock faucet and sink, and are generally satisfied with it. But we find that the tap continues to drip when not in use. Anyone else had this experience? Any suggestions?

Lynda
Hi: lyndamac... Holding water in the faucet is a sign that it's... well, holding water. Therefore you can expect a drip or two or small puddle on the sink cover. We leave a folded wash cloth there to soak them up. I'm no expert on RV plumbing... but my definition of an expert is... "Ex is a has been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure". Enjoy your running water!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote