FAV. CRAFT BREW!!! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
FAV. CRAFT BREW!!!

Hi: All... Since I'm only allowed 1 bottle a day I shop here locally www.railwaycitybrewing.com and get the 64oz. size!!! Hey it's only one bottle What's your FAVORITE Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Re: FAV. CRAFT BREW!!!

Hi Alf. Queen of the gathering beer exchanges here I'm a definite dark beer fan. Smooth, no bitter bite and this is what I typically buy: http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brew...r/default.aspx. This link may take you to the home page first, where you have to declare that you are of legal drinking age. Ale's taste like grapefruit to me in comparison to a good dark beer. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

I really have no favourite, liking to try lots of different offerings. We are so blessed these days with lots of great micro breweries with yummy beers. I do prefer dark and strong, and really enjoy many of the Belgium brews. Quebec has a couple breweries that have Belgium brewmasters that are good. Unibroue has quite a few good beers, but you gotta watch the consumption with those 9% beers.
LINK
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #4

This is my first post, however I have been reading all posts over the last few days, to get a sense of what I can glean on how to use and life in general in an escape.

My favorite drink is dark, "pussers Rum" or otherwise known as 'Nelsons Blood" Best rum in the world and comes in two flavors, 45% and 54% , good for sterizling cuts as well and if you have fire going, the 54% will perk it up.

My wife and I live in Whitehorse Yukon Territory, It was only minus 40 c here yesterday regardless of what they say on the weather channel, they always give the forecast highs for the day and are always wrong

Enough about our balmy weather down here, by the way we have no mosquitoes this time of year, and you do not need your air conditioner or sun screen.

There are a few Escapes here in the yukon, I saw one last summer, so I googled it, was impressed, E-Mailed Tammy, and had the chance to attend at the factory later on while we were in Vancouver.
We put down funds for a position and will be getting our 19 footer this coming March.
I see from the schedule a couple of other folks here and in Dawson had a like idea.
Our reason for having a 19 was it is the only one made with a tandom axle.
We also opted for the insulation and double glazed windows, as well as the front box and diode lights, the equalizer hitch and a sweep bar.
We will be towing with a Dodge Dakota 4X4, equipted with a heavy duty tow package, and a V8 engine (230hp).
We will have 68 gallons of fuel on board, Fuel can be far between, that amount of fuel will get me near Vancouver or Edmonton, either way we have to travel East.
I used to drive from here in 24 hours to either one of those locations but now I think I will stop and see the landscape.
Our first trip will most likely be down the Oregon Coast, we have done it twice before, always stayed in hotels.

I think it was Donna who said that if you by a trailer at 60 you only have 15 years to enjoy it, well when we pick up the trailer my wife and I will be 74 years old so I suppose I should have 1 good year.
After our trip down to the lower 48 we will vist our friends in Alaska.

After that I may go fishing or in the fall drop a Moose and perhaps a couple of Caribou. an escape should be good for that, I no longer like to sleep on the ground, Thoe in the fall I will be going out for Dahl sheep.

By the way on reading the post on what is needed in a trailer I did not see any listing of a rifle or 12 gauge remington 870 with extended magazine. most of our camp grounds have a few gizzlies hanging around once in while and sometimes wolves. Hell on Pets.
I read that the battery system most favored is a pair of 6 volts connected in series, for more capacity, why not a pair 12 volt connect in parallel. I will also carry a small generator.
Any way this is a way to introduce myself and let you know we are on board. If you are down our way call in.
It is properly down North, not up North

I teach Firearms Safety. I am in the paper as Doug

Doug
Yukon Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: Yukon Escape...Welcome to the forum!!! We're as close to Florida as we can afford and still be in Canada. Having an Escape should actually give you more life but watchout for the "Wildlife".
When not having a brew, I drink Lambs 151(75%)... have it in all three shades 8)!!! Wonderfull stuff to flame the Plum Pudding!!! Hope you enjoy the anticipation...I know you will the Escape! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:33 AM   #6

Hi Doug, and welcome.

I am a huge dark rum fan, and have tried many good brands over the years. I just wish I had taken notes now is all.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-17-2011, 06:50 AM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Escape
Our first trip will most likely be down the Oregon Coast, we have done it twice before, always stayed in hotels.

I think it was Donna who said that if you by a trailer at 60 you only have 15 years to enjoy it, well when we pick up the trailer my wife and I will be 74 years old so I suppose I should have 1 good year.
Doug
Oh please come to the Oregon Gathering http://www.casitaforum.com/invboard/...4&showforum=40 in July. I would love to meet you. AND, I hope you get far, far, far more than a year of enjoyment from your trailer. You have lots of new memories to make!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #8

Thank you for the warm welcome folks.
Donna D there will be a gathering of friends at Point Roberts Washington, about that time we may be able to make it.

75% rum isn't used to perk up the fire, it is used to start the fire.
Yhanks again folks

Doug
Old 01-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #9

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Yes, welcome Doug, from sunny (and compared to you) warm (30 degrees) Virginia. Isn't it amazing that we can talk between Va and Whitehorse!!!!!
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #10

Hello Hokie.

The wonders of modern Technoligy.

A friend of mine from Fairbanks is down visiting family in southern Georgia, and they thought they could get away from the snow.
It is getting really nice out side now, it will be only minus 22C tommorow, I am seious about the nice part, I actualy enjoy the weather when it is a few degrees below freezing.

I think it miay be do to the fact I have spent close to fifty years of my life in the north and I am climatized.
I cannot get used to high heat, went to Australia for Christmas a couple of years ago, 64 degree temp difference from here to there, spent a lot of time inside or in an airconditioned car.

We are only a twelve hour drive from most major locations in Alaska, so there is a lot of interchange between the two territories, to damn bad the Americans did not purchase this place as well. A days drive is not that much when towns up here are roughly 4-500 miles apart.
If you are ever up this way let us know.

We are naming our 19 footer "Yukon Escape" Tammy has said she will put that name on it for us.

Doug
Old 01-18-2011, 04:36 AM   #11

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

That's right, you're talking C, not F, when you talk weather! We've been having some of that Canadian weather down south, with temps in the low teens (F)...and we are NOT climatized : - ( Life sure IS different. I sigh when I have to drive down to Roanoke....40 minutes! Say hello to Sgt Preston for me : - )
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #12

Yes we are metric now but if you look at all products closely, you will notice all dimensions in metric are sized to match imperial.
Construction is still based on the four foot cube.

Sgt. Preston put in his papers and went to pension when his dog died a few years back, I think he relocated to the Sunshine Coast, or perhaps it was Messa in Arizona.

Canadians from the west (Wet) Coast go to Arizona, and Canadians freom the east go to Florida.

I do not know where the Canadians go to from the center.

While it may be a little colder here in the Yukon, our relative humidity is always quite low, right now it is about 15%, so you do not feel the cold.

I fact you never feel the cold entering your clothes. what you feel is the heat exiting your clothes. any way it is all relative if you are freezing.

Doug
Old 01-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #13

Doug, your last line reminds me of what a thermodynamics instructor said that sticks with me today, and his words are actually very accurate.

"There is no such thing as cold, there is just an absence (or loss) of heat"
Old 01-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #14

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

Or, as my science teacher said about during a lecture on plants, at the school I attended in Tanzania:

The roots go down due to gravity pull. The stem goes up due to opposing gravity pull.

baglo

Old 01-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #15

I have been educated in several different mediums.
Electricity
Millwright
Plumbing ststems
Heating systems
Steam Boilers
Carpentry.
Underground miner
Diamond driller (Exploration work)

For fifteen years I was a one man maintainance crew, criss crossing across Canadas Arctic constructing and renovating, and repairing buildings owned by the Federal government.

I would also do all of my own designing and drafting of construction plans for projects, heating mechanical ellectrical, and plumbing, then I would go and build it.

Nursing stations, cottage hospitals for Medical services, residences, and detachment offices for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

I would hire local Inuit help to do the work, you can not find a better group of people to work with.
Yhen I moved to B.C and did the same thing on Native reserves.
I moved back North first chance I got, I always felt the Yukon is the best place to live in Canada, still do, I have only been here this time for twenty years.
Occasionaly I still yearn for the High Arctic,so Bad that a few years ago I went to Cambridge bay to visit old friends there for nine days. Cambay is on the north side of the northwest passage.
They wanted me to move back I would have but my wife won't so I said no.

I traveled from Sanniqiluaq in the Hudson Bay (Belcher Islands) to Beaver Creek (The most westerly town in Canada) in the Yukon.
The only town in the High Arctic that I have not been in was Paulituk East of Tuktoyuktuk, at the mouth of the Mackenzie River.

Like you said I sound like an old teacher, sorry I cannot help it

Doug