FAV. CRAFT BREW!!! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Old 01-18-2011, 04:36 AM   #11

That's right, you're talking C, not F, when you talk weather! We've been having some of that Canadian weather down south, with temps in the low teens (F)...and we are NOT climatized : - ( Life sure IS different. I sigh when I have to drive down to Roanoke....40 minutes! Say hello to Sgt Preston for me : - )

"In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice. In the morning, I will offer my prayer to you, and wait in expectation" Ps 5:3
'11 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab (5' bed) 09 Escape 5.0
Blacksburg, Virginia (Home of the Virginia Tech Hokies)
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #12

Yes we are metric now but if you look at all products closely, you will notice all dimensions in metric are sized to match imperial.
Construction is still based on the four foot cube.

Sgt. Preston put in his papers and went to pension when his dog died a few years back, I think he relocated to the Sunshine Coast, or perhaps it was Messa in Arizona.

Canadians from the west (Wet) Coast go to Arizona, and Canadians freom the east go to Florida.

I do not know where the Canadians go to from the center.

While it may be a little colder here in the Yukon, our relative humidity is always quite low, right now it is about 15%, so you do not feel the cold.

I fact you never feel the cold entering your clothes. what you feel is the heat exiting your clothes. any way it is all relative if you are freezing.

Yukon Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #13
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Doug, your last line reminds me of what a thermodynamics instructor said that sticks with me today, and his words are actually very accurate.

"There is no such thing as cold, there is just an absence (or loss) of heat"
2017 Escape 5.0 TA (someday soon, I hope )
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #14
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6

Or, as my science teacher said about during a lecture on plants, at the school I attended in Tanzania:

The roots go down due to gravity pull. The stem goes up due to opposing gravity pull.

2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #15

I have been educated in several different mediums.
Plumbing ststems
Heating systems
Steam Boilers
Underground miner
Diamond driller (Exploration work)

For fifteen years I was a one man maintainance crew, criss crossing across Canadas Arctic constructing and renovating, and repairing buildings owned by the Federal government.

I would also do all of my own designing and drafting of construction plans for projects, heating mechanical ellectrical, and plumbing, then I would go and build it.

Nursing stations, cottage hospitals for Medical services, residences, and detachment offices for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

I would hire local Inuit help to do the work, you can not find a better group of people to work with.
Yhen I moved to B.C and did the same thing on Native reserves.
I moved back North first chance I got, I always felt the Yukon is the best place to live in Canada, still do, I have only been here this time for twenty years.
Occasionaly I still yearn for the High Arctic,so Bad that a few years ago I went to Cambridge bay to visit old friends there for nine days. Cambay is on the north side of the northwest passage.
They wanted me to move back I would have but my wife won't so I said no.

I traveled from Sanniqiluaq in the Hudson Bay (Belcher Islands) to Beaver Creek (The most westerly town in Canada) in the Yukon.
The only town in the High Arctic that I have not been in was Paulituk East of Tuktoyuktuk, at the mouth of the Mackenzie River.

Like you said I sound like an old teacher, sorry I cannot help it

Yukon Escape is offline   Reply With Quote