Finally Saw One Live - Wow - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2016, 04:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Finally Saw One Live - Wow

We have been researching travel trailers for about 6 months now in anticipation of hitting the road after retirement. Finally settled on an Escape 21 without ever seeing one. I contacted ETI to see if they could point me towards a 21 or even a 19 that I could take a look at. They supplied me the name of Carl in Jeromesville, OH. That's about 2 hours from where I live near Toledo. It started turning into winter and I filed it away with thoughts of contacting Carl in the Spring. Then, a couple days ago, I noticed a posting on the forum from a guy named Carl who lived in Jeromesville and has a 21. Must be him! I shot off a PM to Skiman (Carl's alias) and he said come on down. So today we made the drive.

Carl was very kind and spent a good deal of time explaining everything in and on the trailer. I am impressed by the quality of the materials and the fit and finish. This is the one I have to have. Life will be ever so much poorer if we don't get to order one when they open up the new 2017 schedule.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:07 PM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
It's pretty exciting stuff to see one in person, isn't it? The first one we saw was a 21' and that's what we're ending up purchasing, after thinking it was going to be a 5.0TA. We viewed that one, as well as another 21 and a 19. All were pretty exciting to see as all had different options on them.

Keep checking on this forum, several times a day if possible (or more!). And do check ETI's delivery schedule at their web site. You might luck out like I did by reading the forum at the right time. I checked their site just before they updated it and the next day someone posted on this forum about a slot in Dec 2016 for a 21'. I snagged the last of two that became available. If one does open up, CALL them right away. Don't worry that it's a long distance, international call. Emails can take too long and get hung up somewhere along the way. Make that call!

So, yeah, keep checking and you might luck out. And as soon as they open up their books again, CALL right away! Fingers crossed for ya and everyone else wanting to get one.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
It's pretty exciting stuff to see one in person, isn't it? The first one we saw was a 21' and that's what we're ending up purchasing, after thinking it was going to be a 5.0TA. We viewed that one, as well as another 21 and a 19. All were pretty exciting to see as all had different options on them.

Keep checking on this forum, several times a day if possible (or more!). And do check ETI's delivery schedule at their web site. You might luck out like I did by reading the forum at the right time. I checked their site just before they updated it and the next day someone posted on this forum about a slot in Dec 2016 for a 21'. I snagged the last of two that became available. If one does open up, CALL them right away. Don't worry that it's a long distance, international call. Emails can take too long and get hung up somewhere along the way. Make that call!

So, yeah, keep checking and you might luck out. And as soon as they open up their books again, CALL right away! Fingers crossed for ya and everyone else wanting to get one.
That someone was me Laura. Even though I don't have one ordered yet I have already started on the build sheet. Almost complete in fact.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
There's a reason these trailers are in such great demand and that so many have owned a previous Escape. The best of luck in 2016 in securing a production slot for 2017. We found that our 8 month wait was like waiting for Christmas to come. Your wait may be longer, but ohhhh the anticipation and then the jubilation!

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbito View Post
There's a reason these trailers are in such great demand and that so many have owned a previous Escape. The best of luck in 2016 in securing a production slot for 2017. We found that our 8 month wait was like waiting for Christmas to come. Your wait may be longer, but ohhhh the anticipation and then the jubilation!

Bob K
I'm ok with the wait. We can't start our big adventure on the road until 2017 anyway so the production schedule dovetails with our schedule. I will be checking the ETI website religiously.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:27 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
It is exciting isn't it! One positive note to the wait, is it will give you a longer time to work on the build sheet and acquire items at a slower pace that you want for your trailer (upholstery, perhaps the hydraulic table pedestal?). Your pocketbook won't take quite as big a hit all at once.

Fun times ahead!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
It is exciting isn't it! One positive note to the wait, is it will give you a longer time to work on the build sheet and acquire items at a slower pace that you want for your trailer (upholstery, perhaps the hydraulic table pedestal?). Your pocketbook won't take quite as big a hit all at once.

Fun times ahead!
Good point, Donna, about spreading out the cost. I have pretty much already finalized the build sheet in my mind. Hydraulic table pedestal? Absolutely!
Old 01-02-2016, 05:41 PM   #8

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
That someone was me Laura. Even though I don't have one ordered yet I have already started on the build sheet. Almost complete in fact.
Hee! I knew your handle was familiar and now I know why! If we ever meet in person, I'll owe ya something. I don't drink beer, so won't have it on hand, but I'm sure I could purchase some if that's what you like.

Yeah, my build sheet is almost complete as well. I want to zip up to the factory (3 hours away) to finalize where to put outlets and details like that. and then it'll be done. YAY!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Hee! I knew your handle was familiar and now I know why! If we ever meet in person, I'll owe ya something. I don't drink beer, so won't have it on hand, but I'm sure I could purchase some if that's what you like.

Yeah, my build sheet is almost complete as well. I want to zip up to the factory (3 hours away) to finalize where to put outlets and details like that. and then it'll be done. YAY!
A can of cold sparkling lemon flavored water would hit the spot but I won't hold you to it
Old 01-02-2016, 06:54 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Stephen,

Enjoyed your visit today! Escapes sell themselves pretty well. As I've said multiple times, I was sold in the first five minutes in Cpaharley's 21. Count your days til retirement and enjoy the anticipation!

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
Stephen,

Enjoyed your visit today! Escapes sell themselves pretty well. As I've said multiple times, I was sold in the first five minutes in Cpaharley's 21. Count your days til retirement and enjoy the anticipation!
Thanks, Carl. You did a fine job of showing us the trailer. I'm not clear though about that heater under the bed. Did you say it was for the bathroom? Is it gas or electric? How does the heat get into the bathroom?
Old 01-02-2016, 07:22 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Quote:
Thanks, Carl. You did a fine job of showing us the trailer. I'm not clear though about that heater under the bed. Did you say it was for the bathroom? Is it gas or electric? How does the heat get into the bathroom?
The heater is 1000 watt electric. It is an alterative to a cube heater on the floor or having the optional strip heater in the A/C. It does put some heat close to the bath. The propane furnace on the 21' is now located in the cabinet by the bed anyway.

The bathroom door has a space at the top and bottom to allow heat to get in. On cold nights it helps to leave the door ajar to minimize cold seat shock.

A couple of threads relative to electric heater mods:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...21-a-5531.html

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ater-1006.html

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
The heater is 1000 watt electric. It is an alterative to a cube heater on the floor or having the optional strip heater in the A/C. It does put some heat close to the bath. The propane furnace on the 21' is now located in the cabinet by the bed anyway.

The bathroom door has a space at the top and bottom to allow heat to get in. On cold nights it helps to leave the door ajar to minimize cold seat shock.

A couple of threads relative to electric heater mods:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...21-a-5531.html

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ater-1006.html

Ok, now I understand. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:34 PM   #14

Trailer: 2005 T@B Moving to 21' Escape
We were the other lucky one's to grab one of the last two 21's for Dec 2015. We waited 8 months and it was Christmas! We just picked ours up on Dec 28th. Very nice present.
slloyd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:52 PM   #15

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by slloyd47 View Post
We were the other lucky one's to grab one of the last two 21's for Dec 2015. We waited 8 months and it was Christmas! We just picked ours up on Dec 28th. Very nice present.
Congratulations on the new Escape! A wonderful present for 2016. May you have many great adventures in it.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:05 AM   #16

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
We have been researching travel trailers for about 6 months now in anticipation of hitting the road after retirement. Finally settled on an Escape 21 without ever seeing one.

Life will be ever so much poorer if we don't get to order one when they open up the new 2017 schedule.
Stephen, you can always use extra time with the trailer if you can get it a little early as there are so many things to get straight. A few short trips will tell you a lot. Then you can have it all in order for something long before the time comes.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote