First frost - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Old 10-21-2015, 07:57 AM   #31
Trailer: 2003 Lance 845
All this frost talk is like listening to aliens from Mars. I've lived themy whole life in Florida and never winterized anything much less even thought about frost before the end of December! Snow is something I've only seen once (1970s) but we do have strawberry fields covered in ice occasionally. We really only have 2 seasons, summer and not quite summer. I do enjoy the snow pictures and look forward to seeing it more when retirement gets here!

turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:09 AM   #32
Site Team
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Let's not rub it in, one day you will get to enjoy the lack of hot

cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:58 AM   #33
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Frosty weather

Years ago we had a very good local TV and radio weatherman named Conrad Johnson. He once predicted partly cloudy conditions overnight and into the next day but an Alberta Clipper came through and dropped about 6 inches of snow overnight. The next morning Conrad related that he had received a call asking him to come over and shovel 6 inches of partly cloudy off the caller's driveway. We don't get a lot of snow here compared to others but it usually comes down sideways. Come on up, I'll teach you how to run the snowblower and the tractor/loader. And how to split wood with a maul and wedge. New life skills.
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:25 AM   #34
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Heavy dew this morning here but no frost ... Yet I'm sure.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:32 AM   #35
Trailer: 2003 Lance 845
I'd like that Dave except my lovely bride claims she can't breathe if its cold &the wind is blowing, now her definition of cold is probably different from yours. On the other hand, I could show you how to stay inside from June to September because it's just too hot to function or how to mow the yard from March through November trying not to get eaten by fire ants the whole time. Not really any life skills unless you have fire ants in Iowa.
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:08 PM   #36
Trailer: 2007 Escape 5.0, 2015 F150 2.7EB
We have had some frosty mornings this month at home, was minus 2c this morning but now it's plus 17 and sunny. Had earlier winterized Escape Hatch and have had brakes and bearings checked. Today in shorts and t-shirt I just finished washing it and having a break before waxing the roof, then the trailer will be all ready for part of winter until we hit the road hopefully mid-Jan making our way to TX.

emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote