Forest River Owners, No any? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2019, 05:35 AM   #1

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Forest River Owners, No any?

Hello All,
It was suggested to me by one of the members of this forum to go to the Forest River website because he knew they were people there looking for the Dicor slide as well, so I did. I joined of course to even start the thread and then explained I'm Escape owner and was told there were some Forest River owners looking for this as well I have orders for more then I originally ordered so probably would be ordering again if any one wanted one let me know. I said cost would be around $200.00 plus shipping to them.
I received an email this morning that they deleted my thread and I broke the code of not soliciting. I did respond telling them all I was doing was trying to help other campers that are not Escape owners and did not mean t break any code or rules.
If you know any Forest River owners that could want a slide I guess spread the word because if I do end up ordering more do not mind helping them out as well.

On another note WOW, not sure if you've ever been on that website but the number of threads that get started there everyday compared to the Escape site was amazing to me. It would be like reading a novel everyday with all the post they get. I did see several about 'leaky roof' wonder what that is?

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:21 AM   #2

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
forest river owners

I had an r-pod for about 6 months. It looked good behind my hot rod!
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:36 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Steve
You’d have probably been ok if you hadn’t mentioned your Escape connection and just said you had about 15 Dicors laying around in your garage. Lots of big guys don’t like the thought of any competition. No good deed goes unpunished. Hope to see you at Davey Crockett again in October.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-12-2019, 08:20 AM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
That forum is more active because there are more problems to discuss and troubleshoot.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:36 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
Is Forest River still in operation after the fire?

Chuck
citabria90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by citabria90 View Post
Is Forest River still in operation after the fire?
Forest River had a fire in one of its many factory locations (the fire was in "plant 59"); it certainly is not out of operation.

Scale, of course, is a significant factor here. From a 2016 letter from Forest River management:
Quote:
Today we have 8.1M sq. ft. of manufacturing space and employ over 11,000 people. Through the efforts of our employees, the assistance of our suppliers, the support and confidence of our dealers and the faith of many owners, Forest River has grown to nearly $5 billion in total revenues and has sold more than 1.9 million vehicles over the last 20 years.
At a current rate likely well over 100,000 units per year, or two hundred times the production rate of Escape Trailer Industries, an outage of one location is not critical... and it's not surprising that that some issues crop with some of their product.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:01 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
At a current rate likely well over 100,000 units per year

Well, that's depressing. Bad enough finding a campsite as it is.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:05 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Well, that's depressing. Bad enough finding a campsite as it is.

That was my first thought; but after thinking about it and remembering the number of campers/trailers I've seen parked at people's homes and at storage facilities with years' of dust and cobwebs, I'm not as concerned.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:10 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Yeah, there is an Rpod around the corner we see rotting through general neglect and never see it out. Same thing with a Casita nearby as well.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:12 PM   #10

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
When I was looking for a replacement for my Tab, I drove by an RV dealership, and I saw the R-Pod. I went walked through one and was thinking this would be a great replacement for my Tab. Doing my due diligence, I did some research on line. After looking at two pages, I found two positive posts. But within those two pages, I found a lot of references to the Escape and Casita. That led me to the Escape. And now on my second Escape, I have never looked back.
papasm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:58 AM   #11

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
R-pod

About 10 years ago we were in Palm Springs with an R-pod and I met a fellow from BC and told him the R-pod was going away after 6 months and I would probably buy another Casita. He asked if I had seen an Escape which I had not so I researched it.
10 years and 3 Escapes later here we are, getting ready for Moab and CO next week.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:29 AM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Vacancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
That was my first thought; but after thinking about it and remembering the number of campers/trailers I've seen parked at people's homes and at storage facilities with years' of dust and cobwebs, I'm not as concerned.
Don, I’ve had the same observation. The popular sites close to population centers and the high profile tourism sites like some national parks etc, coupled with holiday weekends are indeed loaded to overloaded. However, we find the off the beaten path campgrounds, county and city operations, and prebooked rally events to provide all the camping opportunities we need. One of my friends bought a stick built camper two years ago. He takes it out a few weekends a year and primarily camps on private property with friends. I suspect there’s a lot of that too. I suspect a lot of campers deteriorate more from neglect than use.
Have a great day
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:22 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Someone here said recently "can't wait to get (new Escape) back home in my driveway" which I found odd. I cant wait to get mine outta my driveway
Old 04-13-2019, 04:37 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Someone here said recently "can't wait to get (new Escape) back home in my driveway" which I found odd. I cant wait to get mine outta my driveway
Yes, when driving out to get your new Escape, you can not wait to get it home, safely. Then the following weekend, you can not wait to take it out, camping....