generator? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Re: generator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist
Hi: All...The great escape for me is I don't like water!!! Now bee* is another matter. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
besides Alf, it's a good rinse for hair. Dual purpose stuff!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA

My friend the "Bolerite" sent me this info on a different brand of generator, if you care. It's an actual user review:

I mentioned in my post Quiet Portable Generator that I would do a review. It is a Champion 2000 inverter generator, model number 73552i. Rated at 2,000 watts peak, 1,600 watts continuous.

I took it out of the box, added oil and fuel and it started on the second pull. I started it again later and that was on the first pull. I plugged in a 1,500 watt heater and it handled it well. As I turned the heater up from low to medium to high the noise increased. At the 1,500 watt draw I turned on the Economy switch and the noise dropped significantly. At lower draws with econ switch on the generator I was amazed how quiet it was. I have heard a Honda 2000 and this is about the same. I phone the tech help line and after bypassing Canada got through right away (no question, I just wanted to see if you can get through) . Tech line tip - don't press 9 for Canada, they were closed at 3:45 pacific time, stay on the line and a US operator comes on and they are there till 7:00.

PROS: Well made - sturdy. Economical price. Easy to use. Quiet. Does what it says it will do. Light weight, 48 lbs.

CONS: To check oil you have to remove 4 screw and take off the back plate. It does have a low oil light. I think I'll pick up 4 extra scews and carry them in my tool box
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:14 AM   #23

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD

Hi,
This past weekend I picked up a Honda 2000i in Richmond B.C. at Don Dicky for $1299.00 tax in they will wave the PDI if you take it home in the box. A savings of $35.00 there on sale till April $100.00 bucks off. Three year non commercial warranty is included.
Neat little machine 110v-AC at 13.6 amp and 12v-DC at 30 amp.