Good sign. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2016, 09:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Good sign.

I've heard/read about how good the customer service is at Escape. And I've had some very prompt replies on a couple requests for information (and t-shirts).
Well, I sent a basic information request via the Escape webpage at 8am this morning and got a response from Tammy at 2:30 this afternoon. This was on a Sunday for crying out loud. Not exactly life or death question either. All I was asking about was the height of a 19 with AC. The answer is 8'-10" btw.
This is a different kind of company indeed.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:14 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Just another reason why Escapes are a smart choice Jim.

Your forum details say you're deciding between a 17 and 19. My best advice is to echo what was told me at the time: see them for yourself and sit in them awhile. There's no way to tell which is the right choice without an in person look. Either a factory visit or a referral.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:19 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
I've heard/read about how good the customer service is at Escape. And I've had some very prompt replies on a couple requests for information (and t-shirts).
Well, I sent a basic information request via the Escape webpage at 8am this morning and got a response from Tammy at 2:30 this afternoon. This was on a Sunday for crying out loud. Not exactly life or death question either. All I was asking about was the height of a 19 with AC. The answer is 8'-10" btw.
Very true - that's how I wound up here after trying to get all 5 manufacturers of fiberglass trailers in the USA to work with me on a specialized bed design for medical reasons to no avail.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:19 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
I've always felt that Escape had raving fans instead of satisfied customers. We've had our 19 for 1-1/2 years and have nothing but good things to say about the trailer and the company that built it and stands behind it. Good luck with your decision.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:29 AM   #5

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
[QUOTE=
Your forum details say you're deciding between a 17 and 19. My best advice is to echo what was told me at the time: see them for yourself and sit in them awhile. There's no way to tell which is the right choice without an in person look. Either a factory visit or a referral.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to the wonderful owners at last years Mississippi River Rendezvous we were able to see examples of all the current Escape offerings. At the time we quickly settled on a 17b. It was perfect, small but comfy, light to tow, and would fit in our garage with a "minor" door change. We've been scouring the forums ever since and practically have a completed build sheet already.
Then I casually mentioned to my wife how I found out that the owners of the 17 we toured were planing to buy a 21 and BOOM, she has full blown 2 foot-itis. I think I've been infected too. I can't even argue the points she's making. (It looks like we can get the19 will fit in the garage too.) So now it's back into the archives for more research. Wish me luck.

For reference we used to tent camp off my Motorcycle, and now we pull a small tent trailer with it. So anything hard sided (especially with a bathroom) is a huge step up. Given the current state of my back, shoulders, knees and at least ten more years of construction work ahead of me, the motorcycle camping days are numbered.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote