Grading the Escape trailer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2016, 08:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Grading the Escape trailer

We have now had our Escape trailer for over a year and have used it three months. I give it an A+ with all systems preforming flawlessly. Would you grade yours as good? Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Mine is two feet shorter than it should be.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:45 PM   #3

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Mine is better than A+++

Ours is better than A+++. The trailer construction is excellent and we received all the custom modifications we asked for; special flouring, special counter materials, special curtain materials, extra windows, special wiring ,etc. etc. We we're even able to specially pay for the trailer to eliminate all currency transfer costs. Shipping to our home near San Diego only cost us about $1,500. Then, being the tinkerer I am, I was able to further modify the trailer add many more features we wanted. Everything was great! Reace, Tammy and the staff were there for us after the purchase to answer questions and we were able to purchase some after-thought accessories at very low cost. The whole experience was awesome and we just love our trailer!
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
7 months and 7000 miles and all systems clear! A+++

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
A+ here, almost a year since pickup. Few minor things, but field performance has been flawless.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:26 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
The Kool Aid tastes so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
We have now had our Escape trailer for over a year and have used it three months. I give it an A+ with all systems preforming flawlessly. Would you grade yours as good? Loren
Loren, good to hear from you again. Glad to know that sweet 21 is doing well for you. We're continuing to have excellent luck with the 2010 19. Couldn't get enough Canada this year and camped in BC, Manitoba and Ontario. With a little diligent maintenance and attention to detail these Escapes are a heck of a travel trailer. I never saw an A on a report card of my own but my kids brought them home with a wheelbarrow. I'd rate our Escape like Moody rates responsibly managed municipalities "triple A".

Glenn Baglo: Get some Raid and kill those moths in your wallet before they eat that strange plastic money. Then take a little bit of it and buy some 2 foot itis medicine in those brown ale bottles. Before you know it you'll be working on a build sheet.
Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:41 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
We we're even able to specially pay for the trailer to eliminate all currency transfer costs.
I'd really appreciate hearing more about this.
ThomasG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:57 PM   #8

Trailer: ex Casita/ 2016 Escape 21 '16 TRD 4x4
We picked up our classic 21 in July and have taken 8 week long trips. The only beef I had was the noisy water pump which I think is poorly mounted on the wall next to the fridge. I ordered a variable speed pump and mounted it on the floor under the rear seat. Everything else in the trailer has been first class and has worked flawlessly. Definitely an A.

I have also done quite a few modifications because I too am a tinkerer!
Jerry
jerryandmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:17 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
Ok...I haven't gotten mine yet. My 17B is due in March 2017. I hope to be in the A range with everyone else. I must digress a bit....as a hopeful owner the service has certainly been in the A range. Hats off to the Escape team...now numbering around 80 I hear. From what I have heard and seen they build a great product.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:23 AM   #10

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I could give the trailer itself an A, as long as I don't count the fridge and the propane detector.

Into our 3rd year, roughly 20k miles and 6 months worth of camping.

Things I had to fix so far was one drawer guide, repaint the frame, and replace the surge protector for chatter.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:44 AM   #11

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
We get our 21escape trailer Sunday delivered to our friends in Elgin Il. Then we will see some friends along the way to Florida . I did do the orientation at ETI then flew home to get the TV and back up to Elgin IL. I'm hoping we will give our 21 A+ for many years to come .
BTW the 07 Sequoia got about 20mpg non-towing I'm expecting about 10-12 mpg towing
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:00 AM   #12

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Mine is two feet shorter than it should be.
I've read that they have something for that now.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:02 AM   #13

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
We get our 21escape trailer Sunday delivered to our friends in Elgin Il. Then we will see some friends along the way to Florida . I did do the orientation at ETI then flew home to get the TV and back up to Elgin IL. I'm hoping we will give our 21 A+ for many years to come .
BTW the 07 Sequoia got about 20mpg non-towing I'm expecting about 10-12 mpg towing
Good luck on the delivery and return trip to Florida Jenny. You might get better mileage than expected. Ours only drops 25% when towing. Cheers!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:38 AM   #14

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
During the last 3 years and 22K+ miles the following things in my 19 got my attention and required action.
  1. Dometic 4.3 fridge needed pulling out to add a baffle and insulation all around it, plus a switch to manually control the fans.
  2. Guard to protect the battery on/off switch from being accidentally switched.
  3. Made a smaller dinette table (because I am big and needed more space).
  4. Replaced 2-burner stove control knob that got melted when one burner went rogue.
  5. Shore power line pulled out of the molded rubber 30 amp plug.
  6. Toilet valve replaced because it got froze and busted. Added water shut-off under dinette seat.

Of course, I’ve also done my share of tinkering and custom tweaking to the trailer. Above are the only things I rate as a necessary fix.

All ET-19 trailer systems, electric or propane or mechanical or otherwise have been A-OKAY in my book. Another A-plus.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:12 PM   #15

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
I do the "happy dance" when I get 11 mpg towing with my Sequoia. I love it for a tow vehicle and am of the opinion that gas prices are going to remain steady for years thus mileage is unimportant.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote