Hallelujah!!! Signed our build sheet!!! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Hallelujah!!! Signed our build sheet!!!

I want to THANK ALL OF YOU in this forum who have answered tons of questions from me. I am amazed at all the answers that folks have written for me, some of them quite lengthy! I couldn't have done it without you.

You helped me change my mind about a lot of things, like going from generator to solar, even though at first I didn't thing that solar panels would hold up in Texas hail. Y'all encouraged me to do more research.

I thought doing a build sheet would be rather simple. My husband and I basically knew what we want, but then there were the details, details, details. All the what ifs. It seems like there was always something else we might need. Then there was the thought of boondocking in the National Forest and that opened up another ball game altogether.
Thanks for all who shared your build sheets and your photos.

The hardest part to decide Well all the electronics with Amps, volts and watts... that was difficult for me to put together, but it still comes down to the girlie things. What color this and what color that. Even in the last minute I was still debating color #1 or color #2 for the graphic color on the outside.

Thanks again for putting up with all my stupid questions.
Hope to see many of you at the Osoyoos Apreciation Rally !!!

Glad it is all done, going to go soak in a tub of hot water!
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 21' Feb 2017
I know that feeling....such a relief to be done.

cslcs25 + H46Driver + Abby +Meggi
Cslcs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
I think we have all had similar feelings. But now, all you have to do is wait! Congratulations!!!

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
I think we have all had similar feelings. But now, all you have to do is wait! Congratulations!!!
But you forget the "maybe I should/should not have ordered" regrets feeling. Second thoughts can drive you crazy while you wait for your trailer to hatch.

Of course, now you can start getting the mods list started for when you have the trailer.

Oh. just wait until you see the build in progress pics - there's something special about seeing your trailer being built.

Congratulations on completing your build sheet - that is a really big step to get out of the way!
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cslcs25 View Post
I know that feeling....such a relief to be done.
Thanks for all your advice and photos. Can't wait to meet you both and your Escape and your yorkies!

Nancy
Old 02-03-2017, 06:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
But you forget the "maybe I should/should not have ordered" regrets feeling. Second thoughts can drive you crazy while you wait for your trailer to hatch.

Of course, now you can start getting the mods list started for when you have the trailer.

Oh. just wait until you see the build in progress pics - there's something special about seeing your trailer being built. Congratulations on completing your build sheet - that is a really big step to get out of the way!
I worked so hard on this build list so I wouldn't have second thoughts and am determined to not have them. We'll see how that goes.

Mods- a second step
Old 02-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Thanks! and you were one of the ones who answered many of my questions!
Old 02-03-2017, 08:12 PM   #8

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
I want to THANK ALL OF YOU in this forum who have answered tons of questions from me. I am amazed at all the answers that folks have written for me, some of them quite lengthy! I couldn't have done it without you.
How cool with this forum and the options available from Escape that you can crowdsource and leverage the experience of so many helpful others to build the "perfect" trailer. I don't think there needs to be any second thoughts. It will be awesome. Congrats!
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #9

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
I stopped reading a lot of the threads on the forum that could possibly give me thoughts along those lines, once I signed off on the build sheet. That really cuts down on any anxiety that might happen. Worked for me!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:27 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I distinctly remember for about 24 hours after turning in the build sheet for Ten Forward, I had what could be considered buyers remorse. No, not that I didn't want the trailer, but I was still second guessing my decisions and knew it was now too late to change my mind without financial penalty. Then the more I thought about the future, the remorse just faded away....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:35 PM   #11

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:

Thanks for all who shared your build sheets and your photos.

Glad it is all done, going to go soak in a tub of hot water!
I want to also THANK YOU and everyone else! I'm turning in my finalized list early next week.

I read your post on the Outdura Fabric and have pretty much decided on the Dandelion Yellow Marine Fabric. My wife likes to hike and she can do 6 miles and pick several bags of dandelion plants for making tea in the time it takes me to do 3 miles. She harvests and dries enough plants to make tea every day year round. When I saw the fabric color and name it just jumped out at me. We are going with the stock formica and floor but I wanted something really bright for the fabric.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:36 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
You are just so darn glad to get the thing done after months and months of questions and answers.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:38 PM   #13

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
The hardest part to decide Well all the electronics with Amps, volts and watts... that was difficult for me to put together, but it still comes down to the girlie things. What color this and what color that. Even in the last minute I was still debating color #1 or color #2 for the graphic color on the outside.
this camper had trouble with the color selection stuff, like fabrics and formica..was fortunate that a person canceled their Escape order and had already delivered the custom fabrics to ETI...her taste turned out to be nice, so just purchased her fabrics at ETI..wiped that stress off the build list ....
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:43 PM   #14

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
In case you get bored now, just list your build sheet. We can help you second guess...
(just kidding)
Congratulations!!! Your trailer will be awesome!!!!
Old 02-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Congrats and now you can sit back and watch it happen.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:53 PM   #16

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
this camper had trouble with the color selection stuff, like fabrics and formica..was fortunate that a person canceled their Escape order and had already delivered the custom fabrics to ETI...her taste turned out to be nice, so just purchased her fabrics at ETI..wiped that stress off the build list ....
If that was the orange and yellow combination it also got me looking and thinking about brighter colors.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:52 PM   #17

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
One slight regret we now have having got our trailer home is not thinking quite hard enough about what we were going to put into the wardrobe. Through the forum, we have seen some fabulous adaptions in the wardrobe including an adaption from craiginpetaluma (attached to this post), which we planned to copy.

However, we didn't think well enough about the dimensions of the wardrobe until too late; it turns out that in our 17B, the wardrobe is not deep enough for the ELFA baskets that we wanted. We suspect that it wouldn't have been too difficult to get ETI to add an extra inch or so on the depth of the wardrobe. Oh well, but make surge that everyone thinks enough about it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4709.jpg  
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:47 AM   #18

Trailer: 2006 Casita
Build sheet

Congratulations, Quilting Lady. Sounds like you really did your research. Would you mind posting your build sheet? (We're still working on ours.)
Smanitou
smanitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:47 PM   #19

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Craig, I'm wondering if you considered using the frame that the container store sells for holding your drawers? I'm looking at that....thinking it would need to be anchored somehow, and sit on top of a riser in the 17A wardrobe that has a 2" drop below the opening.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:14 AM   #20

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I spent so much time on my build sheet that when I finally finished it I was really done really didn't second guess my choices. Now I'm trying to figure out where to put things lots of storage so I really want to do a good job organizing so I can actually find things I'm not very good at organizing!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote