Has Anyone tried a L shape dinette on the 19? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2019, 12:55 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBill View Post
Me too.
Not to mention that the under seat storage is also the easiest access storage area. Easy access from both inside and the exterior.

The potential for smacked heads on the overhead is large. Hope it doesn't happen to a guest.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:19 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 towing with a 2019 Honda Ridgeline
Jess, I have the Escape 19 with a standard dinette but am also contemplating modifying it to an L shape. Basically like moving the adjacent door side seat base to the front, so I'd lose no storage. Even with a lagun table base, I find that the dinette as is, is awkward to use, and not comfortable as a lounging area. Curious if you decided to do this, or if anyone else has made this mod?
the5reeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 05:53 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by the5reeds View Post
Jess, I have the Escape 19 with a standard dinette but am also contemplating modifying it to an L shape. Basically like moving the adjacent door side seat base to the front, so I'd lose no storage. Even with a lagun table base, I find that the dinette as is, is awkward to use, and not comfortable as a lounging area. Curious if you decided to do this, or if anyone else has made this mod?
Interesting, when I had a 19 the passenger side dinette seat was my favorite place to lounge because my feet could over hang the cushions. Unlike the 21 where seat length is limited on both dinette seats.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:21 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Interesting, when I had a 19 the passenger side dinette seat was my favorite place to lounge because my feet could over hang the cushions. Unlike the 21 where seat length is limited on both dinette seats.

Ron
I fell asleep many of nights on the passenger side, with a nice back pillow and table propping me up..........
Old 07-24-2020, 11:12 PM   #25
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
[QUOTE=Eggscape;300207... as the end cap is screwed to the door frame and provides roof support. It is a head wacker even with the seat below .... [/QUOTE]

Yep......haven't even gone out on our maiden voyage yet
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 12:08 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
It probably depends on how long you are camping, but for us that storage area under the passenger side seat is crucial for shoes and for wine. We've been out now for nearly five months and it probably seems like I brought a ridiculous number of shoes but I've needed every pair for the different kinds of weather and activities and being able to access it from outside is very convenient.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:20 AM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Sandy... sorry I missed your question... "Myron, what is the wooden storage between the table & the window? Very interesting! How do you use it? How is it attached?."

That wood shelf up against the wall is attached to the table and when I slide the table it goes along. A little awkward, but a handy way to keep stationary stuff off the table and out of the way.
Old 07-25-2020, 11:07 AM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
We have now put my raised dinette mod to use and happy changes successfully met our needs. When I first looked at changes to dinette I thought I could construct a living room type lounge as much as dining space. But, the more I worked with a plan, the more I realized that this is a small trailer with limitations. What I needed to focus on was our needs to have improved outside sightline, storage and table convenience. Also a key factor was weight distribution and I knew Escape designed placement and materials for a reason and changes can't compromise balance. I especially give credit to Eggscape for keeping this in mind when changes or additions are made.

The large outside access hatch to front curb side bench worked perfectly and besides the inside cabinet door in back corner, I will be adding another door to front of bench box. Lagun is great for moving out of way when reaching upper cabinets, getting out of way when departing dinette, swivelling tabletop offset and dropping to secure for travelling. Shoe tray under raised floor and viewing outside was a success.

I do still hit my head on upper cabinet and I think it serves its purpose when contemplating mods to this great little trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Dinette.jpeg  
Attached Images

ChuckBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 01:25 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Sandy... sorry I missed your question... "Myron, what is the wooden storage between the table & the window? Very interesting! How do you use it? How is it attached?."

That wood shelf up against the wall is attached to the table and when I slide the table it goes along. A little awkward, but a handy way to keep stationary stuff off the table and out of the way.
We bought a set of plastic stacking drawers that came with two narrow drawers on top. The four deeper drawers we put in the closet. We put the narrow ones on our table against the front window of our 19 and that is where we put pens, checkbooks, small things that we use fairly often and would otherwise get lost in our trailer. Because they are not attached to the table they have to get put on the floor when we travel and that is a pain, but we would be totally disorganized without those drawers. I can see the advantage of an L-shaped dinette or a smaller table, but I don't think it would work for us.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:32 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Checkbooks while traveling? I always thought a out of state check was not worth the paper it was written upon? or am I showing my age.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:41 PM   #31

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Jim
I was in a situation of needed to pay for a repair about 15 years ago while I was on vacation. I was in Utah. The shop owner presented me with the bill. I started to get my credit card out and he said “if it pleases you , I’d be happy to take a personal check.” He offered to hold the check till I got home and made a deposit if necessary. I knew I had adequate funds in the credit union that had my checking so I went ahead and wrote him a check. I suspect he did not like sharing his income with credit card companies. Also it’s possible people traveling long term would need to send a check back home for personal business too. I always travel with a checkbook.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-25-2020, 11:52 PM   #32

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
We also carry a check book camping. We have found several FS or BLM campgrounds that have envelopes in a holder and a catch box for paying with out any attendant. We can write a check and place it the envelope, drop it in the secure secure box and set up in our chosen RV site. It saves carrying too much cash the entire trip. We seldom write any other checks.
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:09 AM   #33

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Cheque ( check ) didn't work for me in Oregon in the off season. Not sure why I thought a cheque drawn on a Canadian bank would be accepted, even if I wrote "US funds" on it.

They took Visa.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:19 AM   #34

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Guess where’re old we have credit cards but also carry check book . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote