Heater on a 21' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2015, 05:18 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Heater on a 21'

I have been reading the forum regarding the location of the heater on a 21'. Ours is scheduled to pick up Jan 2016, but hopefully will be sooner.

I have not seen a picture of the current location of the heater. Is ETI putting the heater in the original place, under the dinette, or eliminating the drawer and placing it there? Would we have a choice in location? We would rather not have the heater close to the bed as we enjoy a cooler sleeping area. Just wondering. We live in the Pac NW so don't have to worry about frigid weather, especially with global warming...!
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
I have been reading the forum regarding the location of the heater on a 21'. Ours is scheduled to pick up Jan 2016, but hopefully will be sooner.

I have not seen a picture of the current location of the heater. Is ETI putting the heater in the original place, under the dinette, or eliminating the drawer and placing it there? Would we have a choice in location? We would rather not have the heater close to the bed as we enjoy a cooler sleeping area. Just wondering. We live in the Pac NW so don't have to worry about frigid weather, especially with global warming...!
It's in the nightstand; some have had the height increased to keep the 2nd drawer above the heater. The louvers on the grill may point toward the rear of the trailer - some owner may jump in or you could just call Escape on Monday and ask them.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:17 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Before you get too carried away and have your hopes built up, I suggest you read this thread. There are pictures and reasons needed for the change within the thread: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...cker-5125.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:32 PM   #4

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
Would we have a choice in location?
There should be no choice of location, because the location change was forced by the change in furnace model.... and the furnace was changed because Atwood has discontinued the old one.

The 21-foot is the only Escape model in which the original furnace location wouldn't work for the new model of furnace, so it's the only one which has had a location change. I'm sure that many new owners of the other models don't even realize that that it is a different furnace than previously used.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Here's a great picture some folks just posted (see the second pic):
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...leep-5926.html
..gives you an idea of how the new configuration looks. We don't have it but I think Reace did a great job (as usual)!
Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:57 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Kathy and Dave,
Thank you for the post with the pic of the new configuration of the heater. I certainly get the reason for the change but simply wanted to know that this was the most recent configuration. This really looks great, and I know that ETI will always do what is the most efficient and safe!
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote