Help me understand!! - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2018, 03:11 PM   #61

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
funny i don't worry much about bears ,rattle snakes, or big cats (respectful/careful) but alligators would frighten me!!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:45 PM   #62

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
We use to go up by Suches GA in the NF where the Rangers train. On one trip there was a camper with an unusually number of visitors, this concluded with alot of Blue rotating lights one night. Turned out to be a moving drug facility. We were warned by the authorities to be careful since it was becoming more common. Being in our 70's we tend to be more careful now. We have experienced the Rangers practicing night assaults, which generally made us feel safer once you figured out what it was but things change you know.
bjp447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:50 PM   #63

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
There’s a whole segment of law enforcement practices regarding the occupation of campsites by “non traditional campers” and examination of campfire remains as they pull out the next day for the evidence of Meth making. I went to a couple of these lectures back in my Parkie days. We would average a couple cook sites a year in remote areas even though we did not have camping after about 1997 when meth cooking was getting more common. Never pick up and open an abandoned igloo cooler, that anhydrous ammonia isn’t anything to fool with.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #64

Thanks Dave, good to know.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:50 PM   #65

Trailer: 2016 21 Escape "Wishbone", 2017 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Skool View Post
Our pet peeve is being in a nearly empty campground with dozens of unoccupied sites and someone sets up in the adjacent site. This has happened on multiple occasions over the years.

Last time we were at Boya Lake in Northern BC there were 4 campsites occupied out of 44. We were enjoying a mug of tea, admiring the evening light, loons on the lake, fall foliage, fresh snow on the hills....When a couple pulled into the adjacent site, made the comment, “What a nice evening and what a beautiful view”. They started their generator, went inside turned on the tv, we never saw them outside again. We ended up moving to another part of the campground where the evening and views were just as nice.

Scott and Lori
Bicycles are awesome!
We had a couple do that to us at Steamboat Rock SP in WA in early Nov. There were only 3 other campers in 80 or so sites. They came in late 11pm and set up right next to us. The next morning they apologized for the late arrival. They had 2 small children with them and said they wanted close proximity for security reasons. Turned out to be good neighbors.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:01 PM   #66

Trailer: 2016 21 Escape "Wishbone", 2017 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
When I was in Junior High school the Diagonal shortcut that cut About 750 feet off of the route we walked to school was through the Cemetery. At night there was plenty of whistling in the dark by the 7th graders but by 9th grade the tune had strangely changed to a wolf whistle. And I ain’t whistlin’ Dixie.
Iowa Dave
As a kid I had a similar cut off in Evergreen Cemetery in Juneau. I would use it walking home from Scouts after dark, but I always used a slightly different route just in case...
Old 05-18-2018, 09:13 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_bullet View Post
We had a couple do that to us at Steamboat Rock SP in WA in early Nov. There were only 3 other campers in 80 or so sites. They came in late 11pm and set up right next to us. The next morning they apologized for the late arrival. They had 2 small children with them and said they wanted close proximity for security reasons. Turned out to be good neighbors.
Kinda like in the movies, 4 couples in an empty theater and they are right next to each other, or you park away from everyone else in a big parking lot and some knucklehead has to park right besides you so you have to squeeze to get in. We were in Hunting Island State Park in SC when a bus pulled up with a bunch of kids from a church group. We nearly freaked out, but they were there for 3 days tent camping behind us and you never would have known they were there
Old 05-18-2018, 09:21 PM   #68

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Takes all kinds to make the world go round, as my Dad liked to say.