Help Us Name the New Escape 5.0 Tandem Axle - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #61

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
How about 5.0 Eh ...... just to keep it Canadian. :-)

Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #62

Trailer: None
OK, my suggestions. I am sure Reace and Tammy are looking for something marketable which fits into their existing naming structure. And they will also want to market to customers who are not necessarily members of this forum. Looking at the Products dropdown on their site, the names are simple yet descriptive. So, a couple of ideas:

Escape 5.0 II (which matches the twin axles)

Escape 5.0 2G (second generation)

Escape Fiver (which is an often used short name for a fifth wheel type of trailer)

All of those names will fit the dropdown.

Then again, keeping with the fun here, maybe 5.0 XP. 5.0 Vista, 5.0 NEXT, you get the picture...

Follow along Down the Road with Me.
Seamstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #63

Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25
A systematic approach would be nice so the model numbers would convey consistent information and could be used uniformly going forward:

Length-Identifier Version
Escape 17-TSA
Escape 19-TTA
Escape 20-5TA

T=Trailer
5= Fifth wheel
SA=Single Axle
TA=Tandem Axle

ETC= et cetera (LOL)

I didnt read the entire thread so if this was already suggested, great minds think alike. LOL.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #64
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
Donna D you used a lot of them but not all of them.
Oh dear What did I miss? It wasn't intentional.. but at 4:40am, I can blame it on not enough coffee...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #65

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Most trailer manufacturers have models names rather than size. Naming based on size seems to be an all molded towable thing.
I don't think so - they have model series names, then typically distinguish between individual models with a combination of size and floorplan.

For instance, my stickie 5th wheel is a General Coach Corsair 34RLTS:
General Coach - manufacturer
Corsair - model line (the other one was "Citation")
34 - length in feet
RL - rear livingroom
TS - triple slideouts
This is typical of conventional trailer manufacturers. It doesn't even indicate that the trailer is a fifth-wheel.

Since Escape Trailer Industries has a single (but extensive for its niche) model line - all of the same construction and features - there is no need for a model line name, but if there were one it would apply to every other Escape as well.

Casita uses names for the floorplans, rather than model lines.

I've never seen a indication of tandem axles in another brands naming (although there's nothing wrong with breaking new ground).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
That was a good idea Donna. What caught my eye was, the font makes the 5TA looks like STA. What is a STA?
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
I do not like underscores as on the occasion that something is underlined the underscore disappears and becomes unrecognizable.
The underscore exists to indicate a space between letters, without actually having a space and breaking up the string of characters. It is useful in computing, and I agree that it seems unsuitable in a name.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #67

Quote:
Oh dear What did I miss?
All of mine, for instance, but that's okay - no one else has commented on them in 58 subsequent posts so they must not be of interest anyway. Marketing is not my thing!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #68
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I don't think so - they have model series names, then typically distinguish between individual models with a combination of size and floorplan.
I guess I'm just the most familiar with Scamp's website and Airstream.... For instance, the only difference in a 16' Scamp on their website is whether or not it has a wood interior: Showroom - Scamp Trailers and Airstream which only talk about models rather than size: Airstream, Inc :: Travel Trailers Anyone for a Land Yacht?
Old 11-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeDan View Post
A systematic approach would be nice so the model numbers would convey consistent information and could be used uniformly going forward:

Length-Identifier Version
Escape 17-TSA
Escape 19-TTA
Escape 20-5TA

T=Trailer
5= Fifth wheel
SA=Single Axle
TA=Tandem Axle

ETC= et cetera (LOL).
That makes a lot of sense. I note that Bigfoot model designations (including for the their truck campers and - when they made them - motorhomes) follow a systematic method, but most people in the FiberglassRV forum seem to misinterpret them or are not aware of them... even Bigfoot owners!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #70
Site Team

How about this one?
Attached Thumbnails
Mine.jpg  
Old 11-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #71

Quote:
I guess I'm just the most familiar with Scamp's website and Airstream.... For instance, the only difference in a 16' Scamp on their website is whether or not it has a wood interior: Showroom - Scamp Trailers and Airstream which only talk about models rather than size: Airstream, Inc :: Travel Trailers Anyone for a Land Yacht?
Good examples - Scamp only has one model line, too, so they use names for interior styles.
Airsteam has only model model line (currently; the Basecamp was separate), and again uses names for styling/decor variations, plus "Bambi" for some sort of special small version. Basically "Scamp" and "Airstream" are the model line names, and within a model line there are no major differences. Difference in trailers - other than decor and internal floorplan variants - are indicated by length (and there is no special indication of more axles in the Airstream tandems and triple axles).

If Escape made some trailers with the current interiors, and others with moulded fiberglass, maybe that would be a good time for a style/decor name (like Scamp's "Custom", which isn't custom). If Escape built an alternate series of cored-composite aluminum-framed trailers (just a wild example), that would be a good time for a model series name (e.g. "Escape Classic" for the current ones and "Escape HiTech" for the new ones, so you could buy an "Escape Classic 19" or the same-sized but quite different "Escape HiTech 19", for instance). Neither of those types of difference exist yet in the Escape line (and I'm not suggesting either).
Old 11-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #72

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I think Donna is right that they need an actual name for a change. They probably heard too many bad "egg" names and decided to forego the whole idea of a name. I hardly think that they should want their naming to be consistent with that of other eggs, for their bigger trailers. They could have the lengths for the smaller ones and names for bigger ones.

Of course, that would open it up to a zillion possibilities.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #73

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I for one appreciate the fact there is no formal name given to the trailer, and would rather have a numerical designation. While there is nothing too exciting about a number, a name could be either liked or hated, depending on the individual.

Our last Terry Trailer model was a Cougar. While my wife does like the cat, she was not so keen on the alternate definition (which I thought to be flattering).
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #74

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
I was amused when I registered our trailer and the woman behind the counter asked for the model name. She was a little hesitant to accept "19" as the correct answer.

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #75
Site Team

Frankly, I'm buying an Escape... and that's all I care about. It can be named anything and I'm going to be happy. Besides, I've already chosen my trailer's personal name. In the future, if anyone asks me what model I own, I'll just tell them "Ten Forward." There won't be any mistakes from Escape Trailer Industries for the name, but it's nice that we've all been asked about our opinions. When was the last time you heard a manufacture cared about something like this?
Old 11-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #76

Trailer: none as of yet
Not to rain on everyone's parade, but why does it need a new name? Can't it just be called the same name? Once the current 5.0 goes out of production, it won't really matter.
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #77

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcamom View Post
Not to rain on everyone's parade, but why does it need a new name? Can't it just be called the same name? Once the current 5.0 goes out of production, it won't really matter.
Those 'classic' 5.0's will be around for quite some time (I hope!). If one were selling their 5.0 (either version) or buying a used 5.0 it would be helpful to be clear as to which 5.0 it is. Plus, it is a real change in dimensions and structure from the 'classic' 5.0. People not familiar with Escape and the evolution of the changes might not understand what trailer is being considered.
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #78
Site Team

ooooh I like "Classic" when referring to the original build. The current 5.0 is a wonderful trailer! So, if the new 5er should be named 5T... what happens when Escape Trailer Industries comes out with a tri-axle 5er? 5TTT?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #79

Trailer: not yet
"Escape 5.0 II (which matches the twin axles)" From Seamstress.

My vote!
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #80

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0 "Day Break"
Hey, how about the Escape 5.0NG for Next Generation.
itoddday is offline   Reply With Quote