Help us to spend our money - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Old 02-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #31
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
we have a "complicated'' Pioneer. Not recommended. Sony makes simple to operate stereos. Anyway with Windows 10 we can play a movie on the laptop, run it into a TV screen and the stereo picks up the audio. It has a tiny lag so the mouth movement and audio is off a bit BUT it sounds great thru the 4 speakers. I am going to search and see if the lag can be eliminated. I doubt it. oilwell.......

flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:49 AM   #32
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Regarding the Escape stereo option: I bought a better quality stereo unit to be able to get weather reports when we boon dock and fish, plus for its blue tooth capability, so we could port the music from our iPhone to the stereo. We liked the idea of nice sounding built in speakers rather than small portable blue tooth ones to pack separately. Anyhow, after buying it and discussing installation of the speakers, antenna and custom stereo I learned from Tammy that the cost would be much more than I had anticipated, perhaps because it was custom and required more time to do the install. She also told me that they were going to a new stereo that had blue tooth. We decided to go with their new standard stereo with blue tooth. Apparently it wasn't quite a standard install when we picked up our Escape 21 in May 2015 (using up the old stock), but because Tammy thought it was I was able to bring it back and change out the old stereo model for a new Boss. The Boss is only about $70 retail, but seems to work fine for us. I don't know if they are still installing this stereo, but they seemed to be switching to it in June 2015. The Boss can play DVDs and output them to a TV, but I wasn't able to try this feature as we don't have TV in the Escape. I thought you may want to check into the cost of installation if you provide your own stereo.

Bob K

Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:36 PM   #33
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Yeti cooler - big enough for all the beer you are going to drink! Really, the Yeti keeps ice for a longer time than most other coolers. Love it.

MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote