Here we go again! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
Here we go again!

Today we received a request from Escape Industries to send up a copy of our Form 7501 and state registration. Who can tell me what the Canada Revenue Agency is? Why after 8 months from purchase and registration we are dealing with this issue again? How many of you have gotten the request again? As far as I know, we did everything by the book and stop at the border for the inspection and legal stamping. Texas/Washington County accepted all the documentation for registration without issue and I have a clean registered title and plate.

I don't mind cooperating with Escape, but I don't give a hoot about CRA or what they want from me. That's just being a Texan without apology.
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
CRA is the Canadian equivalent of the US IRS (CRA for "Canada Revenue Agency").

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandsandyclink View Post
I don't mind cooperating with Escape, but I don't give a hoot about CRA or what they want from me. That's just being a Texan without apology.
Thanks for a good laugh!
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #4

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
Quote:
Today we received a request from Escape Industries to send up a copy of our Form 7501 and state registration. Who can tell me what the Canada Revenue Agency is? Why after 8 months from purchase and registration we are dealing with this issue again? How many of you have gotten the request again? As far as I know, we did everything by the book and stop at the border for the inspection and legal stamping. Texas/Washington County accepted all the documentation for registration without issue and I have a clean registered title and plate.

Escape Industries have to collect taxes on the sale of the trailers on behalf of the Canadian government if they are sold and stay in Canada. CRA may be doing a spot check on Escape and they may have to submit proof that your trailer was exported because no taxes were paid.

I'm sure Tammy would let you know the reason why if you asked her.

Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:

Better yet here is a link...
Canada Revenue Agency - Main menu
Old 04-11-2013, 02:15 AM   #6

Sounds like CRA is doing an audit. Just send up what they need. Don't mess it up for Escape exporting trailers south in the future.
Mountain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #7

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
I got the request yesterday, too, and for the second time. We don't have our Form 7501 because the state authorities kept it when we registered the trailer. I sent Escape a scan of our title and registration yesterday and received an email back from Escape saying that works for them.

I'm with you, Dave and Sandy. Too much government on both sides of the border.

--Liz
Old 04-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
Thanks Barry for the explination. Again.. I have sent this documentation once already M.M. I am very protective against identity theft and don't normal send or give out documentation anytime to just anyone. You might have got a hint as to how I feel about governmental agencies infringing on my liberty, freedom, and the right to enjoy life and my hard earned money.
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Actually all of this is a good sign, that our government and canadian governments are working to ensure that everything is proper. Being requested to show receipts for something is a lot better than not having any paperwork at all. When submitting paper work it is always best to keep copies or originals. Double checking is a good sign (spoken by a 38 year veteran of government goobleygosh who is still trying to correct his pension which has a $6/month error still going on after 6 years!!!)
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #10

Trailer: Escape
This most probably is the reason Escape starting exporting their TT's to the US.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I'm pretty sure they're exporting them because the U.S. is such a good market. I'm sure also their interactions with CRA are probably similar to the bureaucracies imposed by taxing agencies here in the States; sometimes pleasant, sometimes not, but necessary by government fiat nonetheless. This may be part of the reason Escape is now driving trailers into the States for their customers. Easier to do that then recover the paperwork after the fact? I would say assist them as best we can, from what I read on this forum we all may be, if not already, repeat customers!!