Hi from Florida - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #1

Hi from Florida

Hello Everyone,
We are looking a family of 4 & dog, looking for a new Camper. I found a Pic of the Escape 5.0 5th wheel and love the design, floor plan, weight, ....
Started searching for used ones, but could not even find one. Can anybody point me in a better direction, then I am looking right now. Of course I am willing to travel.
Can anyone share their experience with the 5.0, quality, towing, .....

Thanks for your support

Mike
5onWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Re: Hi from Florida

Hi:5onWheels... The last 5.0 sold used was about 2yrs ago. They are the rarest fiberglass trailers to come on the market. Everyone that has one loves it so... as I do. We're using ours as a guest bedroom right now.
As far as towing it's a pure dream and hooking up is just so easy. When I retire in a couple years we will be bringing our Escape Hatch to Florida for all or part of the winter.
Sorry the news isn't better about used avail. but that speaks volumes about Escape trailers. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
My Old Kentucky Home St. Pk..jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #3

Hi from Florida:

I'm picking up my new 5.0 this July and I live in South Florida. I have never seen any Escape trailer in person but what I have read has made me a believer. Good luck in finding a used 5.0.

Roger from Florida
Roger from Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #4

Trailer: sold it

We picked up a new 5.0 in March and took it down the Pacific coast for a couple of months. Like Roger from Florida we had never seen an Escape before but everyone on the forums loves them so we decided to try it.
We started a few years ago with a Trillium, then a Kamparoo (a tiny tent camper from Australia), then a Winnebago VW Eurovan camper van. We've been just about everywhere in Canada and the USA (except Florida), including Alaska, and would trade RVs based on our next trip. The Escape 5.0 is by far the best of all of them for our needs and we'll be keeping it forever. It hooks up so easy, tows real well, and is roomy enough for us with lots and lots of storage.
Hopefully you'll be joining the Escape "club" soon,
John